mtbr member

First GoPro Video...

Been riding for the past few months and finally got my hands on a gopro 3. The video is a bit shakey, I apologize for that. It will take time getting use to the chest mount. Anyhow, this is a local trail in Redding, CA. Middle Creek trail. Hope you enjoy the vid. I really enjoy this site. Thanks for all the advise thus far.

Middle Creek Trail - YouTube
    2014 Cannondale Rush 2

mtbr member
    Looks like a cool trail (though I'd die of heat exhaustion), you should show us more of the surrounding terrain. Also, experiment with other mounting points and some trail-side shots of you riding.

mtbr member

Re: First GoPro Video...

Quote Originally Posted by falconpunch79 View Post
    Looks like a cool trail (though I'd die of heat exhaustion), you should show us more of the surrounding terrain. Also, experiment with other mounting points and some trail-side shots of you riding.
    Thx. I'll try a different mount next time. It was 97 degrees during the ride... I didn't ride to long, my camelbak was about empty. It was a break in the weather. Last week it was 105 plus...
    2014 Cannondale Rush 2

I didn't do it
    Cool video Mercy. Looks like a fun trail up there in NorCal.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by Mookie View Post
    Cool video Mercy. Looks like a fun trail up there in NorCal.
    Thx Mookie... it's a fun trail. We have a lot of nice trails up here.
    2014 Cannondale Rush 2

I didn't do it
    Quote Originally Posted by mercyNside View Post
    Thx Mookie... it's a fun trail. We have a lot of nice trails up here.
    Nice, keep on gettin' the goods out there.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

mtbr member
    It was 97 degrees during the ride... I didn't ride to long, my camelbak was about empty. It was a break in the weather. Last week it was 105 plus...
    Ugh, I grew up in SoCal, but I've become accustomed to Alaskan weather. I start to complain when it gets up in the 80s here during summer.

mtbr member

Ugh, I grew up in SoCal, but I've become accustomed to Alaskan weather. I start to complain when it gets up in the 80s here during summer.
    I can't wait for summer to be over... 80's would be nice. When it hits upper 90's it's no fun.
    2014 Cannondale Rush 2

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    When you're using the chest mount, try and make sure its on your chest pretty tight to prevent so much shake

Gnarly
    Looks like some nice elevation! You can tell that it's hot and dry

I like the chest mount instead of helmet mount but you might want to change camera angle slightly.
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bcusitsjefe View Post
    When you're using the chest mount, try and make sure its on your chest pretty tight to prevent so much shake
    ah ok thanks. It was snug pre ride, must of loosened up along the way. One thing I just realized by watching the video again is I completely forgot to unlock my front shocks after my pre ride inspection! Dear lord I'm a idiot.. That might explain at least half of the video shake. I can't believe I didn't notice... Well, live and learn I guess, haha..
    2014 Cannondale Rush 2

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclelicious View Post
    Looks like some nice elevation! You can tell that it's hot and dry

I like the chest mount instead of helmet mount but you might want to change camera angle slightly.
    Yup, everything is super dry up here. California is pretty bad right now with one of the worst droughts in history. I'll have to play around with the mount to see what angle works best.. Thanks.
    2014 Cannondale Rush 2

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    According to youtube, I can't watch this video on my ipad. So I'll assume my comments are similar to the above......

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Looks like a fun trail. At least there are still spots of green up there in NorCal. Here in SoCal, everything is the same sad shade of turd brown.

mtbr member
    Nice go at a first vid! Need to get my hands on a GoPro at some point. Looks like a fun trail. I do however think that the music is a bit too aggressive for the riding. Maybe something to consider? Just my five cents :-)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by malicefox View Post
    Looks like a fun trail. At least there are still spots of green up there in NorCal. Here in SoCal, everything is the same sad shade of turd brown.

Looks like SoCal could certainly use a drop or two of H20! haha...
    2014 Cannondale Rush 2

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AlpacaAndy View Post
    Nice go at a first vid! Need to get my hands on a GoPro at some point. Looks like a fun trail. I do however think that the music is a bit too aggressive for the riding. Maybe something to consider? Just my five cents :-)
    Thanks for watching...
    2014 Cannondale Rush 2

Fat Skis/Fat Tires

First GoPro Video...

Quote Originally Posted by malicefox View Post
    After spending the past 3 years in Northern Virginia, I'm happy as hell to be back in the perpetually sunny West where I can ride pretty much whenever my schedule allows. SO many rides back there were ruined by rain and sloppy trail conditions; seemed to always happen when I had a window of free time.

mtbr member
    Looks like SoCal could certainly use a drop or two of H20! haha...
    They can have our rain. We get maybe 4 months of decent riding conditions up here and its been ruined by constant rain. I stay off the trails so I don't trash them, but unless the local bike club keeps an eye out, others aren't so considerate. And the consistent rain makes road riding dangerous because of all of the deep puddles and hidden potholes. I feel jipped this summer!

mtbr member
    They can have our rain. We get maybe 4 months of decent riding conditions up here and its been ruined by constant rain. I stay off the trails so I don't trash them, but unless the local bike club keeps an eye out, others aren't so considerate. And the consistent rain makes road riding dangerous because of all of the deep puddles and hidden potholes. I feel jipped this summer!
    Yeah I agree... To much rain can kill a trail. I like going out and getting muddy now and than. Sucks we are in a huge drought. Mandatory water restrictions suck... I can get fined 500 bucks if I have any water run off from the lawn...
    2014 Cannondale Rush 2

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    what software u using to edit your video? u can get rid of a bit of the shake with adobe premier and sony vegas pro

i find the chest mount gives the best first person view because you get some idea of depth when you can see things other than the trail (like gloves/handlebars), but personally i'd point that thing way up

what mode was that shot in?

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by sinfony78 View Post
    what software u using to edit your video? u can get rid of a bit of the shake with adobe premier and sony vegas pro

i find the chest mount gives the best first person view because you get some idea of depth when you can see things other than the trail (like gloves/handlebars), but personally i'd point that thing way up

what mode was that shot in?
    I just use windows movie maker. Not sure what mode I used, I'm new to the gopro thing. Wide mode maybe...
    2014 Cannondale Rush 2

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    A good thing to do when using the chest mount is mount it upside down, change the capture setting so you don't have to flip the video after the fact. It allows a lot more freedom to aim it up.