GCM
    mtbr member

Finally back at it

Since the week before Thanksgiving, I've been on the injured reserve due to the nasty OTB I took and the resulting injuries - mainly a blood filled knee that just wouldn't heal - must be an age thing. However, with my unwanted time off I had the opportunity to fabricate some snow tires (THANKS TO JISCH FOR THE RECIPE!) Well the knee (and shoulder and elbow and wrist...) finally felt good enough Friday and tires were ready so off I went for a slow, tentative ride - wait I'm always slow and tentative - anyway here are a few shots:

1) The new VERY grippy studs
    2) A triple lutz, figure eight and a bike on the frozen swamp
    3) The res
    4) The elusive "one-hander"
    5) Smooth as glass
    Attached Images Attached Images
    88 Keys and only 10 fingers....

GCM
    mtbr member
    A few more - Happy Holidays!

1) Swamp Thing 2
    2) Contours
    3) Parity
    4) Winter color
    5) Frozen in time
    Attached Images Attached Images

Formerly DMR For Life
    looks like fun glad someone gets to ride (stuck at home due to a sprained ankle)
    DMR

mtbr member

Wink And it's you're fault

You know some cutting edge retard Calibastard neighbor of mine is going to run those tires for there pimpin Raidernation bling bling value

stay thirsty, my friends
    Those are some great shots. Looks cold - but beautiful. Thanks!
    "With that said, until you have done a STR group ride- YOU HAVE NOT LIVED!"
    - dino brown

mtbr member

Nice pictures.....the ice riding looks inviting....

I haven't rode on ice but have been skating for years. Always get that "wow I can't believe it feeling" every time , due to utilizing a spot that is not available most of the year. Looks to be NY, NH, MA or CT. Thx for sharing the ride!
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

GCM
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffSkisMontana
    I haven't rode on ice but have been skating for years. Always get that "wow I can't believe it feeling" every time , due to utilizing a spot that is not available most of the year. Looks to be NY, NH, MA or CT. Thx for sharing the ride!
    You hit the nail on the head - being able to ride a new location always gives me that "kid waiting for Christmas feeling". I was so excited to ride that day and it was no let-down - I had a lot of fun. It's flat, and not technical, which by most accounts would equate to boring but it was just the opposite - exhilarating.

And it's central CT - Meriden's Castle Craig Park and the surrounding water shed.

MTB B'dos
    Know the feeling all too well. Don't know when american thanks giving is exactly (think it's the 4th Thursday in Nov) but I tore a ligament/muscle in my right thumb (right handed BTW so everything beens a hassle trying to do it w/ the left) around the 20th Nov, had it feeling good w/in 9 days went riding twice 4 days apart still felt pretty damn good. Then I went doing a job the day after on Dec 1st and totally F'd it up and haven't riden since. Boxing day was my first ride back and it still was tender, and weak, used my left hand for braking/steering and used my right on the bar ends for some guidance - gripped w/ the palm and fingers, kept the thumb off contacting w/ anything. Still prob have another month (prob w/ some physio of some sort) before I can really ride anything really technical.

Oh yeh nice pics, looks cold, but beautiful.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics