mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Finally ate it!!

Well i knew it was going to happen. Thats why my whole life I have been ninja training .

Fiannly met some locals who ride. They took me on a pretty intence ride to the point were I started to seize up on the last part. Being so tired that i couldnt shift my weight i went over the bars 3 different times near the end lol. But thanks to the ninja roll training I was down and back up on the bike before they even knew I was down and not a scratch or bruise on me.

One question though. I had my front fork locked from a huge climb and forgot it was locked. When going down a very steep hill covered is rocks washed from the rain i stopped, unlocked the fork, continued on and on the first compression, over I went. I was doing better with the fork locked. Is it my crappy suntour fork that caused this or my tired ass for not moving my weight back?

mtbr member
    (Tired ass + rocky downhill) X (26" wheel) = Endo

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    How mushy is your front end? Is it tuned to you and your size/weight?

Rides like a kid
    Fatigue got you. Upgrade the bike parts all you want, because they are fun and exciting, but fatigue will still hand you your tukas

mtbr member
    a fork alot of times will make you endo becuase it will compress, causing your weight to shift even farther forward. regardless, I wouldnt bother with locking it out mainly for the fact that you will forget about it. plus im not sure how much it helps anywyas.

El Gato Malo
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaBass_ View Post
    (Tired ass + rocky downhill) X (26" wheel) = Endo
    Think you multiplied when you should have divided.

mtbr member
    Brake dive on a fork is just something you get used to. But, I'm not surprised after riding almost the whole deal with it locked out and then switching that you went OTB. Too much weight on the front end will result in a front wheel wash out and/or OTB every time. If this is continues to be a problem try out a shorter stem so that it's easier to move your weight back over the rear wheel.
    "Got everything you need?"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail6 View Post
    Think you multiplied when you should have divided.
    No, He was totalled

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Once you have fixed all the causes that people have mentioned machine4321, you will change to a longer travel fork and be clumsy again. I spent 13 years on an 80mm travel fork and switched to a 120mm travel fork two years ago. My familiar trails weren't so familiar when I made the change.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    lol I like the math. The fork was only locked out just before the rocky down hill. I know i had my seat to high as well . It is higher then my bars as i do alot of road too and from work. I am going to try lower postion next go around.

Fork is a stock suntour xcm. im 175lb seems like an ok stiffness but im sure it was weight/being tired. i was beat at that point and falling behind.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Yeah, it always amazes me how much more I bust when I am tired...

Good outlook on it though.