Nervous Descender

A few pics from Moreau/Spier Falls ride

No rain today, so we headed up to Moreau Lake/Spier Falls to observe some of the new trail work first hand. Plenty of rocks and climbing as well as some new sections of trail to check out. KG brought his Stinky, denim and all- kinda tough on the climbs but looked like fun on the descents. Gary Fisher and the boys would be proud.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Check out some of our local hills: CDRC (Capital District Road Climbs)

mtbr member
    Nice pics~ from the Adirondacks, eh?? Are there really mountain bike friendly places up there?! Here in the Hudson Valley it's no mecca but we've got 200 miles of singletrack in an hour's drive...

"Ride Lots" - Eddie Mercx

nice looking area

I love my southern CA trails but it's refreshing to see somethign that's not desert once in a while!

YR

high plains drifter

oh yeah

went for a ride here today in san diego and was sweating my a$$ off before I even sarted riding man it must be nice being able to ride in blue jeans

Nervous Descender
    Quote Originally Posted by mateoway
    went for a ride here today in san diego and was sweating my a$$ off before I even sarted riding man it must be nice being able to ride in blue jeans
    Truth be known, KG wasn't wearing jeans by choice. I'll let him tell the whole story.

Nervous Descender
    Quote Originally Posted by pedaler845
    Nice pics~ from the Adirondacks, eh?? Are there really mountain bike friendly places up there?! Here in the Hudson Valley it's no mecca but we've got 200 miles of singletrack in an hour's drive...
    Nice riding in the northern Catskills, no?

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Moreau/Spier Falls

was the first ride I did when I arrived here in NY. Let me tell you, if you can ride the super tech, always wet, rooty, rocky, muddy hilly stuff that is the east you can ride anywhere in the country. I believe anyone can learn to climb at altitude with consistent practice/riding. It truly takes a skilled rider though to ride the tech tread around here.

Thanks for the E.C. passion hit. It may not be a mtn bike mecca but, yes we have passion here too!

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Adirondack Blues
    No rain today, so we headed up to Moreau Lake/Spier Falls to observe some of the new trail work first hand. Plenty of rocks and climbing as well as some new sections of trail to check out. KG brought his Stinky, denim and all- kinda tough on the climbs but looked like fun on the descents. Gary Fisher and the boys would be proud.
    Nice shots, I thought your tire looked a bit flat in the fourth shot, however I think it may be in a crevice and is an optical illusion.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Adirondack Blues
    Truth be known, KG wasn't wearing jeans by choice. I'll let him tell the whole story.
    Hmmm -what to do after driving an hour to the trailhead and realizing my biking shorts are still back home?? You freakin RIDE!! I have to admit I was a little apprehensive in the parking lot when I was already working up a sweat and we hadnt even started. But once we got in the woods that wasnt a prob and the ride was great. More so since it was the first time I brought the 40lb Stinky on trail ride (vs DHin) and she wasnt the bear I thought it would be. It took the hills pretty well and rode over every obstacle like I was on a pillow. Besides, the alternative to not wearing my jeans would have been to only wear my Hanes. And I dont want to be responsible for getting mtn biking banned here.

"Ride Lots" - Eddie Mercx

that happened to me once

only I drove 2 hours to a race and realized I forgot my shorts and shirt back home!

I wore jean shorts on the drive up so that was my only option unless I could find a pair to buy at the site. after looking at the few vendors selling wares, i opted not to purchase a pair of shorts from either Girls luv dirt or Dirty Girls racing and was forced to wear the jean shorts for the race.

A buddy lent me a jersey he had purchased though so I at least had one of those to wear.

about halfway through teh second lap it started raining a monsoon style rain that the So-CA mountains get and damp denim on sensitive areas is not too comfortable if you know what I mean...............

You don't appreciate how good even a bad pair of cycling shorts feels until you don't have 'em!

YR