Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

A few more AZ pics

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  BontyRider 
#1 ·
Howdy folks. Just got back from a long trip to Tucson involving family, friends, riding, hiking, and drinking many margaritas.

To the several friendly Tucsonans who offered to show us around the trails: Sorry I didn't get in touch. Things went a little haywire for a while down there, and we bascially just rode when we could, striking out on our own for better or worse.

Let me just add that I was continually suprised how friendly and helpful all the mountain bikers, hikers, equestrians, and moto riders were that we ran into. Riding in AZ is fun.

Anyway, I brought a nasty cold home with me so I uploaded some pics in between coughs and sneezes...

Testing the suspension of a borrowed bike (it worked)

Cattle Guard on the way to the Cheva Falls High Loop

Jen rocking the rocks at the end of the loop

Checking out the falls.

Molino Basin, Mt Lemmon. Totally out of breath at this point. Surprised I could hold the camera steady.

This sign says the exact same thing on the other side. Am I supposed to not ride on this street? Or on the trail behind me that led to this sign? Hmmm...

After much internal debate, I finally mustered up the courage to ride across this wash. Of course it helped to watch another guy go first. :D

Some spooky guy in a spooky abandoned house at night just before the rains came

After portaging another wash, this time on the Baby Jesus trail. At least that's where we thought we were.

See less See more
#3 ·
YuriB said:
Looks like you made good use of your time and got some good rides in. Nice pics.
Out of curiosity what was your favorite?
I'll chime in since I did most of the rides with Bonty. My favorite was the 50 year trail then taking the chutes back. I really liked the flow of the trails and the occasional technical aspect of the trail to keep things interesting.

Secondly I'd give my vote to chiva falls and most notably the upper loop descent. I've never ridden such rugged jeep trails!

We both got in a tangle with the cholla cactus. I never imagined the spines were sharp enough to pierce the sole of my shoes or the crystal on my watch.

I shall be back to wreak havoc in late march early april for two weeks to sample more areas like Sedona.

#4 ·
Faves

YuriB said:
Looks like you made good use of your time and got some good rides in. Nice pics.
Out of curiosity what was your favorite?
Thanks. Yeah there are a lot of great trails out there, and many more that I still want to ride. Favorites? The descents at Cheva Falls were crazy fun, but the loops near the end of the 50 Year Trail were pretty excellent too.

I think every trail was my favorite, except one tiny section in Tucson Moutain Park, where I encountered the cholla. Wow.

#7 ·
Actually yes

icegeek said:
exBontyRider perhaps?
Oh no I'm gonna have to change my screen name! :eek:

While I will be giving that big red Foes squishmaster back to its rightful owner, my days on the Bontrager are numbered. I'm in the process of building a Kelly Deluxe singlespeed using many parts from the Bonty. "KellyRider" doesn't have the same zing...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.