MTBR Demi-God

Feels Good to be Back on the Trails!

Hello all,

I used to be quite an active member until 2008- when I graduated school, moved to a different state for grad school, then started working, bought a car- started getting passionate about cars and spent most time in car forums. Essentially, life happened and my passion for MTB got sidetracked.

I still used to ride- but few and far inbetween and rarely on trails. However, in January, I went to a park and decided to hit the trails- took me back to the days when I used to spend countless hours on MTBR and actually riding my mountain bike on the trails. I was instantly in love again with my bike.

Since then, I've hit the trails every weekend. I just wanted to share a few pictures of my bike, and I am looking forward to enjoying MTBing again and hanging out at MTBR.

The bike originally was a Trek 4900 bought in 2006 for about $500- thats the best I could afford as a broke undergrad. However, as the months/years went by and things started to break, I upgraded the components to good quality ones that I could afford. Pretty much the only thing stock on the bike is the frame itself- its bombproof!

Obviously, my bike is nowhere as sweet as most of the bikes on this forum, but I try to make the best of it!

Bike on the trail:

Back from trail:

Thanks for reading!
    "Winners never quit. Quitters never win. But those who never win and never quit are idiots."

bust a move

Welcome back!

Many of us have taken breaks from cycling due to life's changes and curves. I like the way the bikes, trails and people are so willing to welcome you back when its time. Happy trails

mtbr member
    Welcome back!

FloridaKeys Fishing Guide
    Cool mang! Welcome back!
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I took 3 years off and now back at it big time Let's just say i missed it and tranquility that i got from the REAL WORLD stuff....happy trails

mtbr member
    I started in 1998. I rode good amount from 98 to 2004. Then I got married and started family. Life gets really busy then and so the bike sat. I dusted it off earnest about 18 months ago and have been riding pretty much every weekend in the past year.

Very happy to do so. As for the bike. Ride it. I still have ride the bike I built for myself in 2003. It may not be modern, but it still goes everywhere I want to take it. You don't need a fancy new bike to have great time so don't sweat it. Just get out ride what you have.
    Joe
    2003 KHS Alite 4000 26" Hardtail - XC, All mountain, blah blah blah.. I just ride.