Long live the ASR-7

That feeling you have right after an amazing ride

That feeling you have right after an amazing ride-1452521_762559543759022_1699529080_n.jpg

And all you want to do is get back on the bike and go for another ride. Today's ride was nothing special. It was a trail I've rode dozens of times and it was just me and one other friend, but it made me remember why I love riding so much. On the way home all I wanted to do was go back to the trail and climb the 1500ft back to the waterfall.

650b me
    After an amazing ride, all I want to do is enjoy the natural high and bask in the afterglow. Life is never sweeter than in those moments. And why is it that some rides are better than others, even if it's a trail that you ride dozens of times a season? That's what keeps me coming back for more.

mtbr member
    Here in Central Ontario, the trees have dropped the leaves, temperatures are around freezing, and I find I enjoy the riding now more than ever. The same as both of you mention, I'm riding my usual Wednesday night loop, but find myself enjoying it more and more. Whether it be the brisk air, lack of bugs, or just slowing down that little bit to enjoy the surroundings I just love riding more.
    Team Van Go
    Santa Cruz Heckler
    Rocky Mountain Element 70
    Salsa Mukluk - Fat Bike!
    http://www.teamvango.ca

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Did another 3h ride today. Wonderful weather, sunny, clear skies, calm winds, about 50F. Still a bit of straggling orange on the trees.

Near the end of the ride I sat down under a tree. Sat there for about 10min, soaked in sweat beneth my clothes but still warm.

Yupp. This is what it means to be alive.

YOUREGO ISNOT YOURAMIGO
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1452521_762559543759022_1699529080_n.jpg 
Views:	345 
Size:	136.2 KB 
ID:	845074

Where is this?
    Looks like a place iv'e been to either in Austin, or outside Minneapolis?
    Probably neither.
    Just curious.
    And yes, I too like the feeling you've described.
    Keep on ridin!
    Yes, Monday and Tuesday are now no longer weekdays. Trust me. LP.
    No Rep/No Problem
    Banned For Boobies WTF?
    Don't PM Me.

Gnarly
    The ride we did today! We rode a local trail, that we've done many times before. Every ride on these familiar trails is always different and amazing. Today, the air was crisp; the trails were leaf covered, hard and dry. There were several trees down, thereby changing the trail and creating new possibilities. We played on one of those fallen trees.

photo DSC01895_zps94fe7e6c.jpg

photo DSC01873_zps8efad00d.jpg
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Yup! Finally took my daughter out on some trails today that I expected would be too tough for her so kept avoiding and she rocked it! Not two minutes after we started pedaling it started raining and she said just go, so I did. Wet leaves, steep and rocky climbs with tight switchbacks and all that and she just kept on going. 14 years old and not any brighter than her dad! Gotta love it heheh. Me? I'm diggin' it and rollin' a new fatbike so old trails are new again. Fresh toy, kid to play with, how good is that?

lcc
    mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    All of the above...so true! Riding my Rigid SS and then my Hardtail on the same trail gives me two totally different rides...heck, even adjusting air pressure by a couple of pounds makes for a different ride! I wasn't "feeling it" today but took off anyway...had one of the best rides of my life! I'm so glad I got back into this!

The White Jeff W

Re: That feeling you have right after an amazing ride

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Yup! Finally took my daughter out on some trails today that I expected would be too tough for her so kept avoiding and she rocked it! Not two minutes after we started pedaling it started raining and she said just go, so I did. Wet leaves, steep and rocky climbs with tight switchbacks and all that and she just kept on going. 14 years old and not any brighter than her dad! Gotta love it heheh. Me? I'm diggin' it and rollin' a new fatbike so old trails are new again. Fresh toy, kid to play with, how good is that?
    There's nothing better than when your kids are old enough to do things with you. It was that way with me & my boy playing ice hockey.
    No moss...

mtbr member
    I have always loved the hard exercise induced endorphin high riding brings. Good times and great fun with friends during the rides, followed by that semi euphoria that lasts for some hours after the ride is over. As soon as the bike is loaded for the trip home, I'm looking forward to the next ride.
    Addiction is a wonderful thing..
    2013 Salsa El Mariachi 29er
    1995 Giant CFR Team Road Bike
    2001 Bianchi Volpe
    2009 KX250F ... 2004 KDX200

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Even the bad rides are good ones!

mtbr member
    I call it "endorphins"
    Mind your own religion.

I Tried Them ALL... Moderator
    I replay the ride all over again, in my head. Makes me smile MORE than drugs ever did....
    "The mind will quit....well before the body does"

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    3 great hours of riding, 2 quick beers, 1 ibuprofen. Your body just glows with the endorphin bath.
    Repeat daily or as required. We never take this for granted.