mtbr member

Fearless Wonder Boy

My ten year old son, riding things that would make many riders whimper and walk...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Phillipians 2:3-8 "...but (Christ) made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant..."

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeCOLORADO
    My ten year old son, riding things that would make many riders whimper and walk...

good to see. did he get away with it?

mtbr member
    He nailed it...it is a very steep tranny to almost flat. I was working on something around the corner and he yells "Hey dad, check out this line"!

I come around the corner and see him drop right over the edge and ride it out like a champ, then of course I had to get a digi pic for posterity. He's honing his skills for his first Moab trip at the end of April...I think he's ready.
    Phillipians 2:3-8 "...but (Christ) made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant..."

mtbr member
    Same day...here he is working on some air. It's unbelievable - he's going to be riding circles around me before I know it...
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    He looks really comfortable man. I bet you're proud of him

mountain bike pimp
    wow that kid can ride.... good job dad
    "sometimes i'm too much man for my own damn self"-undercover brother

USB Rep'n
    right on BC!!! actually, right on little BC!!! Now THAT"S what Im talking about. He looks great on that ride and the form is spot on. Its great to hear he loves it and I can't think of a better way to spend time with your kids, outside and on two wheels. Keep it up brother.

Peace,
    Scott
    though hope is frail, it must prevail - Taj Weekes

betam eh-wud-eh-HA-lehu y
    eh-nay Ityopia!

single track ****

nice riding!

Same day...here he is working on some air. It's unbelievable - he's going to be riding circles around me before I know it...

sweet pics. Looks like your little man is having a blast. I been shopping for a bike for my daughter who's 8, and your sons looks nice. What kind is it, and how much did it cost ya?

mtbr member
    The frame is a 12" 2002 Jamis Eureka that I picked up from www.jensonusa.com for $94.00. It's a disc only frame - but I had some Hayes Hydro's laying around.
    It is a sweet, burly, but very light 12" frame. The parts are from my old 2001 Giant NRS-1 (that's a very long story!)...the little rig probably tops the scales at about 24lbs. He just went clipless too - next upgrade is to put my old Psylo out front on the little Eureka.

Didn't cost me that much WHEN I built it - but it's got some nice parts on it from the old NRS-1...all together I don't know how much it cost. I figure when he outgrows it for trail riding - he can keep it as a DJ rig too.

If at all possible find a 26" wheeled "petite" frame for your daughter. I bought a Giant MTX 24" bike for him for his 9th birthday. It was a piggish tank - he loved it and did some big rides on it - but his skill and fun factor went CRAZY when we stepped him up to a real bike.

Ridem
    Feb 2004
    He's honing his skills for his first Moab trip at the end of April...I think he's ready.
    So dad, are you taking him to Moab for a father - son week of awesome riding? I have made pilgrimages with all 3 of my boys as they achieved the age where Moab was doable and tons of fun for them. They all 3 are awesome riders today, many thanks to that Moab father - son trip.

mtbr member
    Not for a "father-son" thing.

We're going out there for a national gathering of a biking group I belong to.

2004 BOMB Gathering

We do a fair bit of technical riding here in Colorado - as a matter of fact if it's not over the top technical he's bored!
    Last edited by bikeCOLORADO; 03-30-2004 at 05:22 PM.

Cynical Bystander
    Sweet!!! That's cool that your son's doing that, hopefully he'll keep it up and become one of bike-addicts who can't help but drive through the mountains and think of what a sick line almost everything would be, lol. BTW, where is that at? Looks like its somewhere in foothills, i dunno. I'm up in briargate, we should hook up for a ride sometime. later,
    Tony
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

mtbr member
    It's right smack in the middle of town...Palmer Park.

Check out my site - we do all kinds of rides...all the time - sign up to the distro list.

http://www.CSBOMB.com

Ridem
    Feb 2004
    Sounds like a fun trip. I used to take my boys to Moab at about the same time of year each year for another annual gathering of mtb believers as well. I think that group is still gathering each year, it got to big for me. Have fun and relish these times with your kids - they grow up way too fast.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Just checked yer site out Colorado it's pretty cool. I see yer groups name is, 'Colorado Springs Believers on Mountain Bikes' so um.....what do you believe in mate? Colarado springs?? Mountain Bikes???

mtbr member
    We are believers in Jesus Christ...followers of Jesus Christ.

We are NOT religous nuts.

Many of the 85+ riders on our local distro list are not "believers"...we don't push our views on anyone - we just simply try to live by the teaching of Jesus. We certainly do have a heck of a lot of clean fun on the trail and we ride a LOT with a lot of different people!