mtbr member

Fat City Rigid Forks

Need some confirmation from the rumor mill. I heard through the grapevine that there is a guy, in a barn somewhere in Vermont, welding Fat City Big One inch rigid forks, today, as we speak. Extremelly small run, but it is possible to get one. Apparently he is a former Fat City employee.

Anyone know anything about this?

paintbucket
    I recently heard an unsubstantiated rumor that Chris Chance lives in VT and has been making a living as a journeyman welder lately. So I wouldn't be surprised.
    When the going gets weird its bedtime.

mtbr member

I think you're right.....

yeah, i think that chris chance is up in Stowe, VT and I think that he's still doing some work as fat chance....

occasionaly on ebay, you can find some interesting stuff that he's found in his barn or something and wants to get rid of....

check out these posts, not sure if its him or wife or girlfriend or something but sounds like someone that's on the inside, if you read the comments...you could send the seller an email

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...sort=3&rows=50

old timer retro grouch...
    Quote Originally Posted by otisbirdsong
    yeah, i think that chris chance is up in Stowe, VT and I think that he's still doing some work as fat chance....

occasionaly on ebay, you can find some interesting stuff that he's found in his barn or something and wants to get rid of....

check out these posts, not sure if its him or wife or girlfriend or something but sounds like someone that's on the inside, if you read the comments...you could send the seller an email

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...sort=3&rows=50
    Its Wendyl, his ex wife who helped run Fat.

Rumors abound about Fat rigid forks. No hard evidence that I've seen. I've got a '91 Team that needs a fork!!!

the original
    Jan 2004

Rumors abound on the vintage board....

About forks becoming available in the near future via Wendyll (now back in massachusetts) Scant has been teasing us for a couple of weeks now on the vintage board , but has no hard facts yet, but stay tuned to the vintage board as any hard info will pop up there first. I do know that chris Iglehart (former Fat welder) was building some at one point, and that there was a pretty big stash of forks at the factory when things were winding down that may surface. otherwise used ones pop up now and then
    Help control the pet population, have you pets spayed and neutered