Thread: Falling Passion

mtbr member

Falling Passion

I decided today I have a passion to fall. Yes, you read that right. When I fall it motivates me to get back up and do it again.
    Case in point:
    I've been riding at the same trails for a year now. {I just got into MTB last year} and there has always been this one launch off about 3 feet high going downhill that I've always been scared to hit. Well my cell phone's battery died while I was on the trail so I thought, "perfect time to try this." After four or five "test" runs {wussing out} I went for it-landed it-said "yes" in my head- then flew off my bike face first down the hill. Luckily, I had my new Fox Flux on and the sun visor kept my face from really hitting the ground. Once I found my eyeglasses I got up,saw where my rear tire landed {8 feet from the drop off} smiled, and said, "Let's do that again!" Unfortunately, my front tire has seen better days and I had to hike-a-bike about a mile or so back to my truck completely happy and trying to figure out how to tell the wife I need a new wheelset.
    Now I'm just itching to get a wheel on my bike so I can get back and conquer that thing!

Just Ride
    congrats! enjoy the new wheelset as well!
    SS ==> Nut up or Shut up!

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by fell_brook View Post
    ........completely happy and trying to figure out how to tell the wife I need a new wheelset.
    LMAO! I seem to have that same problem at least once a month. "How do I tell my wife I broke......."

Grats on your jump!

mtbr member
    I agree that there is something special about cleaning something you have crashed on before. Below is a short video that my father-in-law put together that might go along with your passion.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    The more times you fall on your head the less it hurts the next time.. right?

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    keep us posted on that next try!