Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3

    We the people ... Extreme Sport and Identity Survey

    Hello! - My name is Danielle and I’m a mountain biker.

    I’m also a student from Central Saint Martins, and I’m investigating how extreme sports/alternative activities* impact our identities.

    I’d really appreciate it if you would take a few minutes out of your schedule to complete this survey.

    The url to cut & paste is:
    http://www.zoomerang.com/recipient/s...WEB224SMCFTZJX

    Thanks for your time!
    Your friend,
    Danielle


    [SIZE=2]ps. I'm only using this information for a university project, and if you'd like to learn more, please go to www.appliedimagination2005.com or contact me directly at daniella_id2002@yahoo.com

    *Alternative activities are physical activities; including extreme and/or exotic activities that are not presented to students through traditional academic or media channels.
    These activities provide the same benefit as sport, such elevated heart rate (physical), endorphin rush (chemical) and camaraderie through shared experience (social).[/SIZE]

  2. #2
    Ex-Clydesdale
    Reputation: Dwayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniella_id2002
    *Alternative activities are physical activities; including extreme and/or exotic activities that are not presented to students through traditional academic or media channels.
    You may run into problems with this part. Depending on the academic environment, people may have access to classes that aren't available elsewhere. For example, there was a mountainbiking class offered over the summer while I was at Penn State.

    To me, the "alternative activities" label really gets fuzzy. What might seem extreme/alternative to some (mountainbiking) is becoming more and more mainstream

    EDIT: Nevermind, I thought the survey would be more general, but it's pretty focused on mountainbiking it seems. You have my entry.
    Last edited by Dwayne; 11-15-2005 at 02:24 PM.
    '94 RSBikes Stampede (commuter), '05 Prophet, '09 Scattante XRL Team, '10 Slice 4
    Retired: 97 C-DaleSuper-V, 05 C-Dale R5000

  3. #3
    user-created
    Reputation: singletrack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3,181
    What taste do I associate with mountain biking?

    Extreme Hunger!

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jr711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    353
    Quote Originally Posted by singletrack
    What taste do I associate with mountain biking?

    Extreme Hunger!

    fish tacos and in-n-out

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mb3designs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,234
    ok, I will amuse you
    [SIZE=5][/SIZE]

  6. #6
    Recovering Weight Weenie
    Reputation: Padre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,718
    done and done.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne
    You may run into problems with this part. Depending on the academic environment, people may have access to classes that aren't available elsewhere. For example, there was a mountainbiking class offered over the summer while I was at Penn State.

    To me, the "alternative activities" label really gets fuzzy. What might seem extreme/alternative to some (mountainbiking) is becoming more and more mainstream

    EDIT: Nevermind, I thought the survey would be more general, but it's pretty focused on mountainbiking it seems. You have my entry.
    Thanks for the feedback!
    Last edited by Daniella_id2002; 11-16-2005 at 07:25 AM.

  8. #8
    life is a barrel o'fun
    Reputation: Christine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,515
    Filled out the first page (up to question #5) and "submit" didn't do anything. Any way to access the survey beyond that point? Or to get the list of questions?
    "We sat outside the dentist, tooting a horn on the guy's bike."-overheard in the Underground

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,890
    Interesting survey. Good luck on your thesis.

  10. #10
    govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    Reputation: ArmySlowRdr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    6,176
    umm--re-look at q 9; I think it could be constructed more carefully.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3

    New question here.

    Quote Originally Posted by ArmySlowRdr
    umm--re-look at q 9; I think it could be constructed more carefully.
    Thanks for the feedback! Any suggesions on how to make it better?

  12. #12
    life is a barrel o'fun
    Reputation: Christine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,515
    Maybe putting it into a different format, as for some reason I can't get past the first page. Something that could be copied/pasted in a document and e-mailed, or simply viewed in .pdf or whatever.
    "We sat outside the dentist, tooting a horn on the guy's bike."-overheard in the Underground

  13. #13
    Freshly Fujified
    Reputation: Call_me_Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,200

    I did my part

    Good luck with the project Daniella. I'd love to see what you do with the answers.

    Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

  14. #14
    Linoleum Knife
    Reputation: forkboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,287
    Quote Originally Posted by singletrack
    What taste do I associate with mountain biking?

    Extreme Hunger!
    Camelbak fungus.

  15. #15
    Am I getting too bulky?
    Reputation: Bikehigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    801

    ... and if we just ...

    Quote Originally Posted by singletrack
    What taste do I associate with mountain biking?

    Extreme Hunger!
    Year old sweat dripping out of my helmet

    If your sport had an aroma, what would it be?
    Stanky coolmax and lycra

    Which companies would you be proud to be sponsored by?
    Ben and Jerry's!

    Any final thoughts?
    Where's the beer?
    I gotta roll, can't stand still, got a flame in my heart, can't get my fill.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,890
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmySlowRdr
    umm--re-look at q 9; I think it could be constructed more carefully.
    I think it's just a typo. I read it to mean: Will you still associate yourself with your sport even after you are unable to participate in it?

    Is this what you meant?

  17. #17
    govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    Reputation: ArmySlowRdr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    6,176

    yes..

    exactly KRob--thx--I didn't have time to go back and re-look the q.

    Quote Originally Posted by KRob
    I think it's just a typo. I read it to mean: Will you still associate yourself with your sport even after you are unable to participate in it?

    Is this what you meant?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •