Every bike you've ever owned list...
Every bike I’ve owned, funny how I can remember these better than I can my ex-girlfriends…
1. Schwinn Banana seat coaster brake (my first singlespeed!)
2. Schwinn 10 speed that could shift while coasting
3. Panasonic RX-4000 (car ran into me)
4. Performance Superbe Pro (bought with car accident insurance money)
5. Cannondale Road bike (bought from some Ironman guy our shop sponsored)
6. Miyata with old Shimano 600
7. Tommasini Super Prestige (wrecked into a signpost at 35 mph)
8. Marushi mountain bike with 6 speed Deore XT.
9. Fat Chance Wicked
10. Redline 24” cruiser
11. Trek 930 with Funk Big fork
............Long break with no bikes when I smoked cigs and ate too much junk food....................
12. Raleigh M-400 (got me back into riding, thank you! )
13. Tommasini Prestige (too small)
14. Marin Mount Vision (I hated full suspension so much that it started me on singlespeed, converted the Raleigh M-400)
15. Surly 1x1
16. Phobia Anxiety fixed gear mountain bike (bad name for a fixed gear mtb)
17. Raleigh Technium townie singlespeed with wicked witch of the west handlebars(still have)
18. Oschner fixed gear road bike
19. Tomasso fixed gear road bike
20. Mountain Cycles Zen (still hated full suspension, why did I build this bike?)
21. Surly Karate Monkey 29er singlespeed (still have)
22. Bianchi CUSS singlespeed
23. Specialized Stumpjumper singlespeed
24. Indigo Cycles road fixie (still have)
25. Indigo Cycles 29er singlespeed (still have)
26. Matt Chester Indie Rock Cross Bike (still have)
Last edited by indigosky; 02-21-2007 at 09:02 AM.
I railed it like Kong
I don't remember my childhood bikes but in the last 5 years:
01 Trek 4300
98 Trek Y-33 carbon
93 Diamond Back Apex steelframe (still have)
04 Jamis XLT 2.0
03 Specialized Big Hit (still have)
04 Haro X2 (still have)
06 Jamis Komodo (still have)
06 Kona Coiler Deelux (still have)
07 Santa Cruz Heckler (on order)
I'm UNIQUE... just like everybody else.
Hmmm... Let's see-
Kona Cinder Cone
Kona Jake the Snake
And there are definitely a few I forgot.
schwinn banana seat bike
ten speed commuter,can't remember brand
muray pos bike
pacific mountain bike
jamis exhile converted SS
bianchi cross(now fixed)
merlin xlm converted ss
lemond zurich road
edge cycles Icarus full suspension
Eddie Mercxx road
schwinn 1960 cruiser
edge cycles 29er SS
turner six pack
Raleigh flat bar road tandem(great for spending time with sweetie!)
Edge cycles 29er hardtail
Last edited by KgB; 08-31-2006 at 10:24 AM.
I've been inside too long.
197? - Schwinn fixie with tiny wheels and solid tires
1979 - Huffy 20"
1990 - Lotus Viking
1993 - Bridgestone MB-2
1995 - Specialized S-Works M2
1996 - WTB Phoenix
1997 - WTB Ti Phoenix
1998 - Ellsworth Specialist
2005 - Specialized S-Works Epic
2005 - Specialized Enduro Pro
1994 - Crestone Peak Mod
1998 - Megamo Pro Mod
1999 - Curtlo Custom Stock (broken in a month...boooooo)
1999 - Megamo Pro Stock
1999 - Crescent Ilions Stock
2001 - Echo ES-4 Stock
2002 - Echo Pure Stock
2003 - Coustellier Stock
1996 - Rigor Mortis BMX
1995 - Schwinn Paramount
1997 - Bridgestone RB-1
2006 - Pegoretti Fina Estampa
Probably had a trike first but don't remember it...
1-?? Numerous Ross BMX bikes (most of which broke)
2. Trek 420 roadie
3. ~1989 or 1990 Specialized Rockhopper
4. 1993 GT Karakoram
6. Schwinn 564 roadie (bought used, too big)
7. 1997 Specialized Stumpjumper
8. Mongoose CrossRoads built like a 'cross bike
9. 2002 Surly Cross Check (the green Reynolds 631 version)
10. 1997 Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo (bought used, the last of the steel ones, still have the frame)
11. Azonic DS-1 built as a XC single speed (Still have frame)
12. GT ZR1.0 roadie
13. Vail Cycle Works Mega One SS
14. 2004 Specialized Allez Cro-Mo roadie (still have)
15. 2004 Klein Palomino
16. Used 2002 Fisher Mt. Tam 29er (still have)
17. 2005 Karate Monkey rigid SS (still have)
18. 2006 prototype Fisher Race Day Supercaliber 29er (not mine and will probably have to give it back some day)
19. Used, really old Kent road frame that was my fixie commuter. It broke.
20. Used, really old Takara road frame that is my fixie coimmuter.
21. Had a Soul Cycles Houligan SS frame that I got in a trade for the Surly Cross Check. Never rode it, sold it to a close friend shortly after the trade.
Not even possible.
mtbr doesn't have enough server space for my list.
I would guess well over 100 different bikes.
hmm. I'll probably forget some...It all started at 14 yrs old
Schwinn Highlander (Broken)
Schiwnn Highlander #2 (also Broken)
Bauer Chequamegon (broken)
Cannondale SM2000 (broke after I sold it)
Cannondale FS2000 (the first one w/a headshock, also broken)
Cannondale M800, (both owned concurrently, both..wait for it...Broken!)
Bontrager Race ~ had it a long time, but it too broke
Gitane 'Cross bike ~ "french for peice of sh!t"
Specailized Stumpjumper FS ~ was my first SS
Bontrager Race ~ replacement for the other one
Surly Cross Check ~ first gen. Wish I never sold it...
Trek 420 or somthing ss/fixie commuter/winter bike (still have it)
Nameless road bike
Kelly CX (still have it)
Diamond Back Overdrive
Haro Mary SS (still have it)
and lots to come. A few on the short horizon.
Edit: Dear god, how can I forget a few favorites of mine?
Kona Hot SS - custom - was my favorite bike of all time till it got stolen - motherfocker
Kona Unit SS as well
Kona Humuhumuakupuna 26 ss made into a 29" ss ~ another one I should never sold.
Kona Major Jake scandium frame. Light and fun - but not for me.
Weird how I forgot all the Kona's I've had. I loved those things!
Indigosky: you'll have to fight it out of ssmike's hands, he's the new owner of the Pheonix ~ was a thank you for getting me the Haro Mary SS.
Last edited by ~martini~; 08-31-2006 at 03:26 PM.
Just a regular guy.
1. Marin something in the late 80s. Stolen within the first year. Dad finally stopped bringing it up when I was 20.
2. Specialized Hardrock from 92 I think
3. 2002 Marin Nail Trail
4. (current) 2006 Novara Ponderosa HT
5. (current) 2006 Specialized Allez Triple
24" Schwinn fixie with solid tires (crushed by neighbors car) left it at the curb
Redline Proline BMX nickleplated (da bomb in 79)
Nishiki Century (roadie)
GT Zaskar team (stolen)
Gary Fisher Tassajara
Cannondale Jekyll 800
Voodoo Canzo Al
Gary Fisher Sugar 1
Salsa El Mariachi LE
Last edited by brado1; 08-31-2006 at 01:38 PM.
Originally Posted by ~martini~
If ever you are looking to sell this one.... lemme know.
Edit: oops, looks like you don't have this one anymore...
Last edited by indigosky; 08-31-2006 at 11:37 AM.
Hmm, let's see how scary this is:
Schwinn Tourney ATB
Specialized Rockhopper Comp FS
Ventana Marble Peak FS
Ventana La Bruja
Giant OCR 3
Ventana El Toro
Ventana El Martillo
Raleigh Mojave 8.0
HMM, an even Dozen. Cool.
"Before D.W., "anti-squat" was referred to as pedal feedback."
1. Schwinn 20" banana seat bike. Purple w/white seat. (PIMP BIKE)
2. AMF 10 speed
3. Sabre BMX
4. Redline MX-2 BMX, 1980
5. SE Racing PK Ripper Looptail, 1982
6. Schwinn something MTB
7. Schwinn Aluminium MTB, 1989
8. Specialized Rockhopper Comp, 1990
9. Specialized Stumpjumper Comp, 1991
10. Nishiki Ariel, CroMo, 1993
11. KHS pro, 1993
12. Bianchi grizzly (?), 1993
13. Trek 9500
14. Mongoose IBOC Pro, 1995
15. Kona Pahoehoe, 2001
16. Giant XTC SE1, 2002
17. Kona Kula primo, 2004
18. Specialized Stumpjumper FSR, 2006
Oh yeah. I forgot I had a NIshiki beta road bike for a while too. I sure there are a couple MTB's I forgot too.
2015 Kona JTS
2014 Giant Anthem 27.5
2013 DeVinci Leo SL
2009 SE Racing SoCal Flyer
2008 SE lil Ripper
2003 TiSport Gman
Three bikes in childhood I don't remember
'85 Univega Nuovo Sport
'93 Bridgestone MB-6
'97 Voodoo Hoodoo
'98 Bianchi Volpe
'01 Santa Cruz Superlight
'04 Calfee Luna Pro
'05 Turner Flux
Only seven. So sad. I'll need to rectify that. The MB-6 was stolen, I gave the Univega to a road bike-less friend last weekend, and I've still got the rest.
This is no time for levity. - Oliver Hardy
crappy green toys-r-us bike with banana seat (~1982)
crappy bmx bike (~1986)
crappy huffy rigid mtn bike (college commuter)
mid-90's Raleigh rigid mtn bike, which I got in exchange for some golf clubs
1998 GT I-drive 4.0 (first real bike)
2001 Santa Cruz Bullit (miss this one)
2003 Jamis Komodo Hardtail (still have the frame)
2003 Giant NRS 2
1994 Trek 1220 roadie/commuter
2006 Santa Cruz Blur LT (current)
2005 Giant TCR Limited Roadie (current)
2004 Cannondale 1FG (current)
2006 Surly Karate Monkey (current, but needs to be put back together)
Raleigh Burner Mag
Orange Clockwork DX
Marin (Something crappy)
Giant ATX Team XC
Giant XcX DS1
Salsa Ala Carte
Transition Preston FR
Transition Preston FR XC Build
Intense Tracer number 2
Intense Uzzi VPX
Transition Gran Mal
Dekerf Implant SS
Intense Tracer number 3!!!
Dekerf Elysium Ti
Dekerf Implant Ti
Dekerf Team SST
Dekerf Team FS
Great day in morning! I feel like I should have owned more bikes .
Been seriously mountain biking for 11+ years and this is where I am at (dates are best guesses):
(1991) Giant Iguana
(1996) Specialized Stumpjumper
(1998) Spooky Darkisde
(2001) Specialized Enduro
(2004) Santa Cruz Heckler
I seriously wish I hadn't had so many, although some of them were/are through work, I think I'd be a better rider if I'd just stuck to one bike and learnt to ride it properly, instead of getting bored and swapping.
Originally Posted by Nathan Cloud
I love my Dekerf's I ride the Implant SS all the time, and I don't even miss FS because of it, so I think nows the time to learn my bike and be more than happy with what I've got!
Murray BMX – Really wanted a Schwinn Stingray, but got this instead.
Montgomery Ward 10-speed – My mom’s. She wouldn’t let me take the kid carrier off the back.
Nishiki – Silver. Heavy. But the first bike I mostly purchased myself.
Razesa (generic from Bike Nashbar) - First nice roadbike with 600EX from Nashbar and handbuilt Nisi tubular wheels. Why? Euro.
Mongoose ATB – Big. Chrome.
Cannondale M-700 – My first “real” mountain bike.
Klein Rascal – My first “real real” mountain bike. Best geometry ever, had the painted to match RS Mag21
Pizza Bike (chrome cruiser) - Bought it with an REM disk, Sold it for half a pizza.
Trek 4XX (Schwartzblitzen) - Flat black and crappy! Campy Victory equipped.
Fisher ProCaliber – All red Ringle aftermarket. This bike never worked properly.
Masi 3V – Loaner bike from R+E. Tried to abuse it as much as I could assuming it would be sold out from under me. It was.
Mongoose Amp 2 – One of my favorite mountain bikes ever. Except for the creaking.
Race-Equipped (Novarra) - Nasty townie covered with Rock Shox stickers.
Marinoni Cyclocross – Painted like the Tricolore. Very heavy because Marinoni refused to build it light.
Talisman – Sloping top tube well before its time. Looked like a bumper car.
Guerciotti TT – Funny Bike. Enough said.
Litespeed Classic – On a team deal through that character Wick at Control Tech.
Diamondback BMX - Why? Don’t know.
Mountaincycles MOHO – Why? Don’t know. Sucky bike.
Marin Cyclocross – Doug had Billato build these in Italy... nice frames. Miss this bike.
Marin Mount Vision – I don’t miss this bike.
Marin TT – Ditto for the Cyclocross frame. Cool frame, but no aero fork. The euro’s were still trying to figure out Aero. (have they yet?)
Cannondale CAAD-4 – Helen’s team bike. One of the better racing bikes I have had.
Specialized Allez – Inherited from my dad for use as a beater. It was.
Cannondale Tandem – Had this for a grand total of 6 rides and 6 months.
GT Track - I only hazily remember this bike. Rode it maybe 3 times. Too small for me.
Supergo Access ATB – Bought the wrong size frame, marked 18” but only 16”. Rode it for 2 weeks, too lazy to return it, sold it instead.
K2 Mod-5 #1 – Red and White. Sold to some guy up north who tried to return it to me when his brother-in-law damaged the frame.
K2 Mod-5 #2 – Stolen from behind my house with my Bonjour FSA cranks. I was pissed.
Guru Crono #1 – Guru sent the wrong frame. I complained.
Guru Crono #2 – Got this one instead. Very cool TT bike, fast and ugly.
Ridley Supercross – Scored by Claudio. Not impressed by geometry.
Empella Cyclocross – Good geometry but lost interest.
K2 Mod-5 #3 – This replaced the stolen one... still being ridden by a cool guy from Belize.
Ibis Fixed Gear – Bought frame, fork and headset for $25 from Helen’s mechanic.
Merckx SLX Fixed Gear – Super cool, but how many fixies does a guy need?
Orbea Altec Carbon – Best racing bike I ever had. Black. Fancy.
Ritchey Access Comp – Free from a friend. Made it into my first SS, but never took it off road for fear of The Death.
Orbea Airplane Fixed Gear – Another fixie? Geez.
Orbea Onix – Team bike that replaced Altec Carbon. Nice, but lacks that certain something.
Santacruz Superlight – I guess I had to own one eventually.
Bianchi BUSS – Really ugly singlespeed.
Huffy (Buckler) - Rusting and busting. Chainstay made from Titec Hellbent bar.
Kona Cowan – Super fun and versatile bike, made me want a full-suspension bike again.
Orbea 29er – Possibly the last XC bike I will ever need until 2007.
Transition Trail or Park – The street and urban bike that the Cowan wasn't.
Ironhorse 7point7 – The Crushinator
an orig. MTBR "Old Phart"
Amazing list. A question posed to me about my list of bikes is, "Why?" How have you responded to that question? I'm sure you've been asked this before, right?
My list ...
1 & 2) Schwinn Sting-Ray -- 2 of them, 1st one stolen
3) Schwinn Sting-Ray with front susp., smaller front wheel, rear slick, sissy bar
4) Sears 5-speed Sting-Ray imitation with gear shift on top tube
5 & 6) Schwinn 10-speed Varsity -- 2 of them, 1st one stolen
7) Schwinn 10-speed Continental
8) Raleigh 10-speed
9) Peugot 10-speed
10) Nishiki Colorado designed by Richard Cunningham
11) Mongoose Rockadile SX (RS Mag-21)
12) Mongoose Zero-G SX hardtail
13) Mongoose IBOC Comp hardtail
14) Mongoose Amplifier Comp
15) DBR V-Link 1.0 dualie
16) Specialized M2 hardtail
17) Cannondale Beast of the East
18) Haro Escape A-2 hardtail
19) Haro Escape A-3 hardtail
20) Haro Escape A-4 hardtail (w/ sweet Easton frame)
21) Diamondback Coil dualie
22) Diamondback Sorrento (cheap rec. rigid bike for vacations)
23) Schwinn Moab DS-2 (dualie)
24) Schwinn Rocket 88 Disc dualie (2001, the last year Schwinn manuf. these)
25) Specialized Allez Triple road bike
Are we sick or what?
carpe diem while you can ...
1970 20" Something
1973 All-Pro K-Mart banana seat bike
1976 Schwinn Sprint 10 spd
1978 Schwinn Caliente (Deluxe Varsity) 10 spd
1968 Schwinn 3 speed converted to SS cruiser
1982 Scwhinn Varsity 10 spd
*1964 Ganna Italian Road Bike w/ mid 60's Campy stuff
1984 Miyata road bike
*1954 Schwinn cruiser
*1964 Schwinn (Typhoon?) cruiser
1986 GT Timberline
1984 Ross Mt St. Helens
1989 Bridgestone MB-1
1990 Bridgestone MB-1
1991 Bridgestone MB-1
*1993 Paramount Team MTB
*1997 Moots YBB Superlight
*1997 Marin Team SS conversion
*2004 Raleigh Gran Prix road bike
We'll call it an even 20 over the past 38 years. Not bad. That is only one every other year.
* Still have these
Start MTBing when I was 10, now I am 18.
1998 Nishiki Manitoba
2000 Cannondale Jekyll 900SL
2005 Specialized P.1 (still have)
2005 Cannondale Prophet 1000 (still have)
1993 Specialized Stumpjumper SS (still have)
2007 Cannondale Capo Fixie (still have)
Trust me, there will be more.
A bright orange cruiser
Some random off-brand BMX bike
a salvaged 10-speed clunker - abandoned one night in a, um, recreational haze, if you catch my meaning;
Trek CrossRoads (this was when hybrids were still more like mountain bikes than comfort bikes) - run over in a driveway;
Fuji Berkeley cheapo road bike - abandoned during a move;
Some other Trek hybrid thing - stolen;
a '94(I think) Kona Lava Dome - stolen; (I still miss that bike!)
'99 or '00 GF Hoo Koo e Koo - hated it, sold it;
'01 Rockhopper (this is where I got the bug) - on the trunk rack when I got rear-ended;
Steel Nashbar frame frankenbike - for errands and goofin' around;
'01 Marin Nail Trail - bike path/trailer hauler;
Surly Crosscheck, Dark Green;
'05 Stumpjumper comp - my first FS bike;
'06 Salsa Dos Niner blinglespeed softtail - my wife's still mad at me for that one.
Last edited by Drewdane; 02-09-2007 at 09:52 PM.
Members who have read this thread: 11