1985 Huffy BMX (bikejacked)
1986 Diamondback BMX (bikejacked again ... rough neighborhood)
1980s Racing Union BMX
1995 HuffY "mountain" bike (college beater)
1995 Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo (currently awaiting restoration)
2007 Banshee Viento (soon to be sold)
2009 Motobecane Fantom 29 Pro
2013 Trek Domane 5.2C (first roadie)
201x Ibis Mojo (on order)
Can't remember the very first bike / trike
Walmart bmx with training wheels
80s Diamondback bmx
90s Diamondback venom
Didn't really bike between early teens and early 20s
2008 Motobecane 700ht
2009 Windsor Cliff 29 Team
2005 Gary Fisher Marlin
2009 Motobecane Sprint
2011 Canfield Yelli Screamy
Rigid 29er built from spare parts
2012 Niner Rip 9
1995 Yamaha rt100
2001 Yamaha YZ 125
2008 Kawasaki kx250f
2005 Honda CR125r
Motors and 4 wheels
1988 Honda 250x
2005 Honda trx450r
A Baker St. Muse
1. Some sort of junkyard bike my dad built for me
2. Some sort of junkyard BMX bike my dad and I built
3. Huffy Omni 10-speed
4. Diamond Back Hot Streak freestyle BMX bike
5. do skateboards count here? Vison Jinx and Powell/Peralta Steve Caballero
6. 1990s Gary Fisher Aquila
7. 2006 Gary Fisher Paragon
8. 2011 Lenz Leviathan 4.0 (current mtb)
9. 2011 Trek Madone 5.1 (road bike)
Centurion Turbo (late 80's)
1995 GT Tempest
1998 Schwinn Homegrown (still have)
2001 GT Aggressor 1.0
2002 Rocky Mountain Switch
2003 Rocky Mountain RM-7 WS
2008 Santa Cruz Blur XC
2008 Rocky Mountain Slayer SXC 70
2012 Santa Cruz Heckler (still have)
1. Boys' Raleigh racer
2. Some sort of early 90s Shogun
3. Specialized Hardrock mid 90s
4. 1998 Specialized Rockhopper
5. GT Zaskar LE
6. Olmo Equipe
7. Apollo hybrid
8. Orange P7 singlespeed
9. Cannondale CAAD 10
10. 1982 Raleigh Competition
11. Gazelle Chamonix Dutch bike
12. Shogun Trailbreaker 3.
Might have forgotten a few...
93 Cannondale M700
95 Klein Rascal
96 Trek Y-33
96 Manitou System DH
01 Iron Horse G-Spot
01 Schwinn Straight 6
02 Foes Fly
03 Intense Spider
03 Titus Quasimoto
03 Titus Quasimoto DH
05 Titus Moto-lite
05 Banshee Scirocco
06 Seven Duo
06 Ellsworth Moment
06 Gunnar Ruffian 29er SS
07 Niner RIP9
08 Sinister Ridge
08 Vassago Optimus Ti 29er SS
05 Seven Sola Ti
08 Ellsworth Tiruth
08 Ellsworth Moment
06 Ellsworth Rogue
07 Ellsworth Epiphany
09 Jones Spaceframe / ti truss fork (still have)
09 Cotic BFe
10 Knolly Delirium
11 Pivot Mach 5.7 carbon (still have)
12 Knolly Chilcotin
12 Canfield Formula 1 Jedi (still have)
16 Knolly Warden Carbon (still have)
05 Orbea Lobular
05 Orbea Aletta Tri
06 Titus FCR Ti
05 Independent Fabrication Club Racer fixie
07 Orbea Ora Tri
05 Seven Elium SG
09 Seven V-II
10 Pinarello Dogma 60.1 (still have)
10 Moots Vamoots CR (still have)
10 WIlier Triestina Cento1 (still have)
"Curb drops to flat, or curb drops to transition? There's a BIG difference there." Qfactor03
I've probably replied here in the past but oh, well.
In order of appearance:
2000 Diamondback P.O.S. HT 26er
2002 Specialized Rockhopper Comp Disc 26er
2004 Specialized SJ FSR Pro 26er
2009 Specialized Epic Comp 26er
2010 Specialized SJ HT 29er
2009 Pivot Mach 429 29er
2014 Kona Dr. Dew 700c
2014 Trek Remedy 9 27.5
2013 Specialized Carve Comp 29er
Various cheap bmx bikes (Murray, Huffy)
circa 1991 Huffy 10spd "Mountain Bike"
1994 GT Timberline
1997 Gary Fischer HooKooEKoo
2010 Specialized Crosstrail Comp Disc
2011 Specialized Sirrus Elite
2015 Karate Monkey Ops
2015 Karate Monkey
Like a fart in a mitten...
2016 Update(Bold print)
Young Punk Days:
1) 1975 JCPenney 5-speed w/ sissy bar.
2) 1978 D&G 20" BMX w/ Motomag wheels.
3) 1979 Red Line Chrome Moly 20" BMX w/ Skyway Tuff Wheels.
4) 1980 FMF Alloy 20" BMX w/ Cook Bros. crankset.
Dope Fiend Days:
1) 1996 Specialized Rockhopper A1 FS - Traded away for leather jacket + $50 cash.
2) 1999 Pacific Full-Suspension - Found it dumpster-diving. Abandoned it after RD broke.
3) 2001 NEXT 24" Full-Suspension - Found it in front of house. Later stolen, while locked. I believe the devastated kid's dad "recovered" it, after extensive searching. Karma is a biatch!
4) 1997 Roadmaster Eliminator hardtail - Lost my license/car, so this was my primary ride.
5) 1993 Giant Innova hybrid - Unattended bike, in front of house. Left Roadmaster listed above behind as "trade-in."
6) 2002 Giant Warp DS2 Full-Suspension - Saw kids cut lock and chased them away. Got bike real easy.
7) 2004 Gary Fisher Zebrano 700c Comfort hardtail - Purchased stripped of paint for $40. Re-stolen from rehab facility.
Recovered Trail Rider(Photo-Heavy):
1) 2006 Trek 4900 Disc - First disc bike weighed porkly 34lbs. Sold it after 1400miles:
2) 2006 Cannondale F600 Furio - Lost 80lbs of fat, riding this bike. I have a new addiction(SOLD):
3) 2005 Cannondale F2000 SL Optimo - Learned XC bike handling skills on this 19-pound rocket. Purchased cheap($1200) from pro XC racer going thru divorce(SOLD):
4) 2010 Giant Anthem X2 26er - First NEW bike paid with money I actually earned myself. Transferred components from previous Cannondale race HT. It weighed 22.3 pounds(SOLD):
5) 2009 Cannondale CAAD 9/7 - My first foray into road biking. Did my first Century on this 16-pound, full Dura Ace build(SOLD):
6) 2007 Cannondale System Six - This hybrid carbon/alloy beast remains the lightest and STIFFEST bike I ever rode, at 15.2lbs(SOLD):
7) 2001 Cannondale Bad Boy Ultra CAAD4 - Found frame/fork in pile of bikes, at automotive boneyard, for $25. Restored with full SRAM X0 9-speed gruppo and SOLD, for huge profit(19.7lbs):
8) 2012 Trek Superfly 100 Pro - Upgraded nearly everything to: Easton EC90 carbon wheels, XX1 gruppo, Thomson carbon 730mm bars, XTR Trail brakes, KS-LEV dropper, Monarch RT3 shock, 120mm SID fork, Candy 4ti pedals. At 24.6lbs, it now performs on-par with 2016 Trek Fuel EX9.9. It goes anywhere all-day long. My current go-to bike:
9) 2002 Cannondale F3000SL CAAD5 - Converted to 18-pound, flat-bar Cyclocross 29er....after surviving twice being hit by cars - I'm done with Road:
Last edited by Cayenne_Pepa; 07-10-2016 at 09:54 PM.
"Life is way too short to own anything crappy"
1991 Trek Singletrack 9something?
2000 Trek 8000
2001 Trek Fuel 90
2005 Trek Jack
Bianchi San Jose
Fuji Tahoe Comp
Santa Cruz Bronson V2
Various BMX bikes (Huffy, Roadmaster, etc)
Surly Cross Check
Redline Monocog 29er
1990's Specialized Hard Rock
Cannondale Trail SL 26"
Surly Ice Cream Truck
Surly Ice Cream Truck
Every bike you've ever owned list...
Sure me or my brother had a Big Wheel, also this bizarre 1970s plastic thing one rode by pushing feet back and forth.
Sears "chopper" with Banana seat and sissy bar. I learned to ride without training wheels about age 5 (broke frame on a sweet jump)
Red Schwinn Sting-Ray with coaster brake.
Motobecane 10 speed
Bianchi 10 speed
Maruishi Tange steel MTB with Deore XT "Biopace" and Araya anodized rims which was about $950 in 1988. Really realy really wish I hadn't sold that one.
Peugeot MTB rode to campus for years
(Long period with no bike at all, another dumb move).
2006 Trek Solo (1x8 or 9, nice bike)
Trek Solo S
Giant XTC Team
*Cannonade Fat CAAD with OLAF
* = still own. No full suspension yet.
Last edited by Chiang Mai; 06-26-2016 at 07:48 PM.
Keep on Truckin'
1991 GT Timberline
1992 Parkpre 2.0
1993 Barracuda A2R
1994 ProFlex 854
1996 Cannondale SuperV 2000
1997 Scott DH
1998 Schwinn 4-banger
1999 Marin Wolf Ridge
2002 Kona Stinky
2005 Cannondale Gemini
2013 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR 29
2014 Giant Defy Advanced
Last edited by jbadger1977; 06-27-2016 at 02:52 PM.
My first bikes were from so many years ago I forget their names... had hand-me-downs from family, and tried a bmx once, didnt like that.
Raleigh (forget any other name of it) - when I was a kid. Rode this until the tires got bald. Just got rid of it actually, to a good cause. That bike had many memories.
Reebok Switchback was my first decent upgrade after that - loved it, but realized after time it wasn't a good fit for me, and I upgraded from this.
Kona Mahuna - what I currently ride. I just bought it this year and I'm in love with how much easier it is to ride with a nicely made bicycle. Still can't get over it or believe it. It's really my first entry level mountain bike. Love it. Haven't rode it enough this year, but I'm trying to! I take it everywhere! <3
Huffy desperado broke the frame by age 7
Huffy Lightning BMX
Schwinn predator black shadow
Schwin Mtb circa 1987
2010 Jamis XCT1
2014 intense Tracer 275 (current )
2014 trek Madone 2.1 (current)
2015 NS Bikes Eccentric (current)
S+1 , bmx cruiser or CX bike
Used Schwinn Sting Ray, it was probably at least 10 years old, older than me, anyway.
1978ish JC Penny's 10 Speed.
1980 Schwinn Le Tour
Late 80's mountain bike. Stolen from me quickly. Didn't get to ride it much.
1986 Miyata 301 road bike.
Walmart Next Mountain bike (gave it to someone who needed a bike)
2008 cannondale synapse
2010 trek 7200 hybrid.
2002 Gary Fisher sugar 1. Used. Should have kept it.
2012 Pinarello QuAttro
2015 surly Krampus SS
2015 Surly Krampus SS
2013 CAADX 105
2012 Pinarello Quattro
2002 Zurich LeMond
1992 Warehouse (like Walmart) 10-speed "mountain bike"
1994 Marin Palisades Trail
1993 Marin Rocky Ridge (bought second hand at the start of '95)
1997 Diamondback something (alloy hardtail, black and yellow frame)
1998 Santa Cruz Heckler
1999 Giant Mosh Pro-XL
1999 Kona Kula (I think) full XTR, bought second hand in 01
2006 DMR Trailstar
2007 Kona Coilair (built up with the DMR parts, hated it!)
2005 Turner 5spot (bought second hand in 2008, loved it!)
2010 Turner 5spot DW
2015 Knolly Warden
Going back to childhood:
1. Romet kid bike
2. Escorte foldable
3. 1992 Huffy Timberline MTB
4. 1994 Schwinn S95.4
5. 1999 Schwinn Homegrown Factory Team (still own)
6. 2001-2003 Titus Loco-Moto (still own)
7. 2003 Ventana Pantera (still own)
8. 2006 Titus Moto-Lite (still own)
9. 2006 Pedal Force HT(still own)
10.2006 Yeti 575 (still own)
Also Marin Highway one from 1990's (still own), suffice to say too many bikes, but at least can't say that I can't ride b/c the bike is broke.
Beyond the random BMX bikes as a kid, my first bikes were a Low level MTB and a junk yard salvage 10 speed that really started to get my interest in biking. Had them during the ages of 11-13. Then I moved on the the 'real' bikes. Forget the exact models on some.
1992 Specialized Hardrock
1993 Dyno BMX
1995 Mongoose Rockadile
1999 Kona Lava Dome
2004 Giant VT3
2006 Cannondale F500
?Early 90's Gary Fisher that I turned into a commuter
2005 Specialized Epic
2007 Specialized Allez
?(2000) Kona Steel Kahuna that I turned into a single speed
? Old Raleigh 10 speed that I turned into a commuter briefly
2009 Kona Jake (commuter)
2011 Scott CX Team
2010 YETI ASR
2009 Jamis Dragon Pro (won, kept)
2010 Specialized Epic (won, sold immediately to a junior I raced with)
2011 Argon 18 Krypton
2012 Niner EMD
?2009 Misfit Psycles singlespeed
2010 Specialized Stumpjumper HT
2012 Scott Scale Pro
*2013 Salas Mukluk 3
2014 Random Townie bike
2014 Scott Spark 700 premium
2014 Scott Scale 720
*2014 Ridley X-fire
2014 Scott Spark 900sl
*2015 Dengfu 27.5 FS
* Current bikes
- Biggest regret is selling my Scott Spark 700
- Favorite bike, likely the Scott CX Team. Rode the snot out of that bad boy. But went disk
Hmm, this is an interesting thread. Folks should say how the bike left their possession, there's a lot of stories there.
- Some big box kiddie bike:
- Some kind of huffy BMX, broke head tube junction ghost riding it off a 15ft cliff. Dad re-welded it. Broke again.
- Some 10sp big box bike of indeterminate brand, given to brother in law as college bike
- Yakota Toulumne, stolen outside the bowling alley (idiot doesn't lock it)
- 1995 Klein Rascal, custom build with Deore LX, White Bros custom wheels. Stolen outside of Chem building in college (idiot brings their nice MTB to college)
- Some specialized Hardrock, traded buddy for paying his utility bill. Other buddy rode it to bars, and "hid it really well". But it was gone.
- 2001 Specialized Stump Jumper FSR XC Comp, sold Ebay
- Took a long break from MTB here due to injury and work
- *2011 Yeti ASR5C
- *2012 Pivot Firebird
- *2013 Rocky Mountain Flatline Pro
- *2014 Felt F5X
- *2009 SE Bikes Filth Flyer (as a townie)
* Current bikes
Eek!! Haven't ridden that many bikes - but, here we go.
1st Bike - HMX 600, frame cracked (top tube near headset)... got a guy in street to weld it back together... went again after a month (age 7-10)...
Diamond Back Sorrento was next bike (aged 27). Bought for commuting. Sat in shed from 31-40. Gave to Father-in-law for parts (after getting next bike).
Age 40, I got a KHS Winslow 29er. Got hooked on mtb-ing. Sold to a colleague just getting into sport (after I got next bike...)
14' Kona Process 134, age 41.5... still got it. Ride it more out of town i.e. real gnarly stuff.
12' Transition Bandit 29er... my home trails go to bike and race day companion. If it were a little shorter in the rear and had a little lower standover, I'd sell the Kona.
Looks like I need to buy some more bikes :-)
Damage: 14' Kona Process 134, 12' Transition Bandit 29er
to err is human... to face plant is frickin hilarious!!
Not sure I can remember them all, here goes...
Department store MTB (Huffy?)
GT Dyno Freestyle / Ramp Bike
2001 Walmart Mongoose MTB (college bike)
2009 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Elite
2010 Specialized Stumpjumber FSR Pro
2010 Surly Pugsley
2012 Specialized Epic Expert Carbon 29er
2012 907 Fatbike (custom build)
2016 Specialized Fatboy Expert Carbon
2016 Specialized 6Fattie Expert Carbon
I'm sure there were many others early on but cannot remember for sure.
I'll play! Fun trying to remember them all.
Road and touring
1979 Miyata 310
1983 Specialized Expedition
1993 Specialized Allez lugged carbon
2006 Giant FCR 3
2008 Surly LHT
1983 Ross Mt. Whitney
1986 Stumpjumper Sport
1988 Ibis Avion
1993 Diamondback Apex
1994 Canondale M500
1999 Raleigh M80
2014 Salsa Mukluk 2
The older I get the better I was...
1985 Huffy Sigma
1996 Specialized Stumpjumper Expert 26er Mango
2002 Allez Carbon
2003 Cannondale Gemini
2005 Cannondale Chase
2008 Cannondale F3 Singlespeed
2009 Cannondale Rize
2010 Stumpjumper Comp 29er hardtail
2011 Stumpjumper S-Works 26er
2012 GT Fury
2012 Specialized Status II
2012 Specialized Allez
2013 Tallboy LTC
2013 Stumpjumper FSR Expert 29er
2013 S-Works Enduro 26er
2014 Enduro Expert 29er
2014 Marin Attack Trail CXT-9
2014 Santa Cruz Bronson C
2014 Epic Expert World Cup
2015 Pivot Mach 6
2015 Bronson CC XO1
2015 Specialized Fatboy
2015 Specialized 6Fattie Comp Carbon
2016 Santa Cruz Hightower CC XO1
Moved to Colorado in 2003 and found Mojo Wheels in 2010. They let me ride a bike for 3 or so months at a time and return it mildly scuffed and trade it in for the newest great bike sometimes straight across, sometimes for a fee/upgrade charge and they would sell the old one. I would ride away on the newest great bike. Moved to Yellowstone in November 2015 and other than my Hightower I got when I was back in Denver for Spring Break, I don't see the trend continuing.
Wow that's a lot of bikes. And wow you know the model of your first huffy.
1. Yellow Walmart Huffy (with training wheels and rescue heros helmet) 15"
2. Triax PK7 (this bike was the bee's knees, and then it got recalled for shattering frames. still pissed.)
3. Walmart Next Mako (all chrome, rusted quickly. it sucked.)
4. 1996 Cannondale H200
5. 2002 Fuji Sunfire
6. Giant Talon 1, 27.5
1. Age 12: English racer (Raleight?) 3-speed for Christmas. That bike got serious use riding around the Air Force bases where my father was stationed. Best Christmas present ever. It sparked an interest in cycling that is still going strong over 50 years later.
2. Age 19: Old school Motobecane bought new at Freewheelin' Bike Shop (RIP Frank Cook). That bike was solid for many, many years and miles. I didn't have a car on a regular basis until my late 20s; bike was my main transport.
3. Age 36: Rockhopper (early model). Didn't really get any off-road use; there were no trails close by. Bought when my ex's grad school loan check finally arrived. At some point in there I bought my first helmet.
4) The clock ticks on - Proflex 856
5) Clock still ticking on: Sweet Juliana Softtail (suspension seatpost). Love that bike and it's still in regular use by my stepdaughter.
6) Titus Racer X - built up from a used frame. Such a sweet bike! Pre disc brakes, though. Sold it when the 29er bug hit.
7) early Gary Fisher full suspension 29er. Bought used from a rental fleet. It died at Big Bend Ranch State Park when the chain stay snapped.
8)Motobecane Ti Fly Team. Awesome bike and now my daily driver in the city.
9) Salsa Spearfish: Built up from a new frame with parts bought off MTBR classifieds!
The best defense against bullsh*t is vigilance. If you smell something, say something.
I can't remember them all but I'll try.
1)Boys BMX Bike - Black
2) 87 Columbia Clipper - Brown
(I actually miss this bike, it was a tank! Probably why I want to get a Fat Bike now)
3) 3spd Adult Sears Trike (I mowed a little old lady's lawn for a summer to aquire it. If you've never rode one, I highly recommend it.)
4) Columbia 10spd Road Bike.
5) Mountain bike I bought from Sears around 1997.
6) 1999 GT Aggressor (stolen... to this day it was my favorite Mountain Bike)
7) Think of crappiest Diamondback full suspension bike Walmart sold in the early 2000s. (Glad I only paid $20 at a pawn shop, traded it 3 months later for Giant Sedona SE).
8) 1995 Giant Sedona SE (soon to be retired)
9) 2016 Huffy Torch 3.0 ( $17 after free gift cards, its an experiment while I save up for a Wyatt Driftless 2.0).
Theres a few more in there as well. There was a local trading post in my neighborhood where I grew up. I'd fix them up, sell them and then go back with one fixed up bike and trade it for two or three more clunkers.
Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Huffy Sledgehammer 1992
Iron Horse MT50
Iron Horse AT150
Gary Fisher Wahoo
Specialized rockhopper comp 2006
Giant Escape RX composite 2013
Giant Talon 2
Giant XTC3 advanced 2016
The above bikes are from years 1992-2016 (today)
Members who have read this thread: 8