GT backwoods (from the mid 90s I believe)
Still enjoying it every day of the week.
(plus a few bmxs from my childhood that I can't remember)
This is self fulfilling and I can't imagine anybody else cares about my bikes. That said, I will limit to my mtn bikes just to humor myself:
84 Diamondback Mean Streak
87 Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo
90 American Comp Lite
90 Rodriguez AL 26 Mtn Tandem
91ish Raleigh bonded bike XT group (can't remember model)
97 Kona King Kikapu
98 Kona Custom Ku
01 Kona Stinky Primo
41 Schwinn DX (new to me)
Either my priorities have changed or I am way overdue for a new bike......
1) Red & White Tricycle - Circa 1966 to 1968 ?
2) 1st Bicycle - Purchased in France ~ Circa 1971 ~ 1st Grade
3) JcPenny w/ Banana Seat , Skinny Front Tire, Slick Tire Rear - Bright Orange ~ 1973
4) Dolphin 300Z 10 Speed - Lugged Steel Frame, Shimano Components ~ 1978 to 1990
- This was one of the millions of Japanese road bikes from this era, but well made.
- I road this everywhere and used for daily college transportion
5) Used Raleigh Technium Mountain Bike ~ 1990 to 2005 (built from box of components)
(didn't ride seriously during this , but rode around with kids, etc))
6) Very Used Specialized Rockhopper Frame - circa early 2005 (late 90's frame)
- components from the Raleigh, frame accepted larger tires ... updated
- serious riding trails every Thursday night w/ local crew from bike shop
7) 2006 - Jamis Dakar XC Comp (late 2006 ... '06 closeout at LBS)
8) 2007 - Jamis Dakar XCR Frame (warranty replacement for XC above)
9) 2006 - Jamis Satellite Road Bike (1st road bike since 1990)
10) 2007 - Jamis Dragon Frame
- closeout '06 ... transferred components from Specialized
Next steps ... I've made quite a few component upgrade to the Satellite road bike. Soon it will have Shimano 105/Ultegra level components. I'd like to stay with the Dakar XCR, but my next bike could be an all mountain bike with a little more travel. In addition, the ride club is trying to talk me into cyclocross this year. I'll use the Dragon for now, but a cyclocross bike may be in the future. 10 bikes in 44 years, 4 in the last 3 1/2 years.
The comment by Aemmer likely true ... "I can't imagine any else cares about my bikes" ... it was fun and rather funning looking in the rear view mirror for a few moments.
Happy in Happy Valley
My personal list:
1) Red and white tricycle
2) John Deer pedal tractor (Bad A**)
3) 20" Ross Mt. Murray, late 80's model? Red, 3 speed.
4) 24" Diamondback of some kind. Another late 80's model 7speed?
5) 26" Mongoose sycamore, 21 speed 1997 model
6) 26" Marin Juniper Trail Al Hardtail. 2001 model. 27speed and still my main trail rider.
7) 27" Italian road bike from 1974. Hand me down, was my mother's when she was 15. Gone as it became too small for me.
8) 27" Peugot 130 road bike 1986 model-- Craigslist piece of garbage. Still have it but havent ridden it since I bent the rear axle on a pothole on my commute. Heavy as hell.
9) 27" 70's Viscount-lambert. Another craigslist special, but has worked out much better then the peugot. my current commuter/road bike.
Few garage sale bmx bikes when i was a kid,
Mallard 27 inch road bike ( rode into a post while cheking out a young lady)
Protour road bike.
Shogun trail breaker 2
Shogun preire breaker expert triple triangle triple butted tange xt thumbs i just dont know where it is at my parents house
kypo 753 road bike
raceline expert my first bike back from the drinking years
ellsworth truth xo
giant tcr euro
giant tcr euro smaller frame
Look 595 ultra record
jamis 653 steel campag veloce
old steel track bike
Look 595 ultra tt bike record
Next will be the steel hardtail, Voodoo bizango or the like surly? spot? not sure yet
1. My brothers hand me down (too big but that's what I learned how to ride on)
2. Sky blue banana seat bike
3. Converted #2 into a "BMX" bike, painted yellow
4. Murray Chrome BMX
5. GT BMX with Z-rims
6. Diamond Back Apex (still have)
7. Klein Attitude with mission control system (grew out of it)
8. '99 Fat Chance Yo Eddy XXL (still have)
9. '02 cat3 Cannondale R400 (stolen 1 month ago)
10. Sycip Double Dribble 29er Custom (stolen 1 month ago)
SOON TO COME!!
11. Sycip Diesel 29er Custom with Rohloff speedhub
12. Sycip Crossdresser Custom CX/touring hybrid with traditional drivetrain
The Diesel should be here in a couple of weeks. Thank goodness for home owners insurance.
Free Spirit BMX
Huffy 10 Speed
Costco Mountain Bike
Specialized Rock Hopper
i'll play, just to see if I can remember way back before light weight anything was around.
1st bike a tricycle or two. seen pics but no recall
1st bike I remember was a 3 wheel chain drive. loved this bike
1st bike was a 24 inch murray, my sisters. i didn't care
1st bike of my own was a light weight racing frame 3 speed, skinny tire, might have been a Puch. not a good bike for urban. lots of flats.
'59 ish 1st bike I purchase. Schwin, 3 speed, springer front end. road the hell out of this in middle school in South Central LA . I could beat the gangs to the corners and was home free.
big gap after I found out about cars and girls.
'64 met a girl with italian/campy bike. love the bike! I bought a Raliegh International, full campagnolo and sew up tires.
'69 drafted, found out about motorcycles and women.
'82 found a clunker, only shifted into two gears.
83 bought Japanese ten speed with the ovalized crankset.
84 Poghliagi. full campy, got stolen. learned lessons here!
86 bought another italian bike at Helen's full campy
Gary fisher Hooko Eeko solid fork, fast bike on road. crashed off road.
97 Trek Y2 f/s fun bike for commuting. I got more compliments on this bike!
99 Specialized m4 hard tail. bad bike. could never get this to work.
2005 Giant NRS 3 full carbon, XTR 1 1/2" travel fork. crashed many times.(my friends introduced me to single track) they all had AM rigs.
2007 Debernardi. road. 105, converted to full campy
2007 KHS AM 2000. great AM bike. crash big time DH my helmet save my life.
2008 KHS flite 300 for commuting. it's cheaper, lighter, faster and climbs better than my Debarnardi.
Just going with the last 15 years.....
'93 Specialized Rockhopper (with Sntour thumb shifters ! They were the bomb !)
94' Cannondale M500
95' Klein Pulse Comp
98' Specialized Stumpjumper custom HT
98' Klein Pulse Comp
00' Yeti FRO
2007 Titus Eleven (fully rigid)
2007 On One Inbred custom (HT SS)
81' Kuwahara KZ-1 1981 reproduction anniversary limited edition
85' GT Pro Performer
06' KHS DJ 200
hmmm... I love bikes !
1. Giant Sedona SE
2. Cannondale M600
3. Voodoo Bizango
4. Kona Kula
5. Dean Oscar
6. Salsa A La Carte
7. Azonic DS1
9. Cannondale R800
8. Schwinn Homegrown (post Pacific)
9. Gary Fisher Big Sur
10. Schwinn Homegrown (pre Pacific)
11. Raleigh XXIX SS
12. Surly 1X1
13. Salsa El Mariachi SS
14. Surly Karate Monkey
The oldschool stuff
Mongoose BMX (how far back we goin?)
GT Mach One
90's Schwinn MTB
90's Diamond Back FS
Sugar 293 x 2
Moots MootoX YBB 29er
Titus RX 29er
Titus RX 96er
Healing Mini-Max BMX
Milazo Crazy Horse
Mongoose DX 5.3
Avanti Atomic SS
Foes DHS Mono
looking at a roadie...
I've been riding 8 years and had 3:
1999 specialized rockhopper
2002 intense tracer
2006 kona unit
Crazy the number of bikes people have gone though!
Don't remember my childhood bikes - they were rusted-out POS garage-sale $10 bmx-style bikes that I had to make rideable (some with bananna seats too and tall bars. One of them was a girl's bike with a two speed internal rear hub that shifted when you tapped the coaster-brake. It prolly weighed 40 lbs.
1992 Diamondback Sorrento Chromo-steel rigid bike (Cantilever brakes could not control my descent speed!) learned to MTB on that one - saratoga gap and other trails in norcal.
Skipped the hardtail and went straight to full-suspension:
1998 Diamondback V-6 - not bad - v-brakes, 80mm judy XC long-travel (sucked). Wife just made me sell it a year ago..
2000 Specialized Enduro Pro (bought in 01)
2004 Specialized S-works enduro (bought in 05)
2007 Specialized S-works Enduro SL (bought in 08)
2005 Specialized Roubaix comp double (DA/Ultegra)
Last edited by FSRguy; 09-03-2008 at 09:51 PM.
1970s - Schwinn 5 speed Stingray
1980 - Ross BMX bike
1990s - Schwinn Frontier
1998 - Trek VRX
2008 - Gary Fisher X-Caliber
2008 - Gary Fisher Paragon frame to replace the broken X- Cal frame
Life, liberty and the pursuit of singletrack.
small red singlespeed
yellow Kent singlespeed
Jeep Cherokee 18 speed / 24" wheels
Infinity Quantum fs
2002 Giant Rainier
2005 Giant NRS
1988 Pinarello ?
2007 Rocky Mountain Solo CX
Relatively short list, but I'm only 20
Wood chips are stupid
Sears Free Spirit (Stingray wannabe)
American Comp Lite
Marin Pine Mountain
Bontrager Race( Horz drops,rivited bonded,cablestops,chainsuck plate,bonded fork)
Custom Chamberlain Road
IF Steel Deluxe
Specialized Stumpjumper Alum hardtail(snow bike convert)
Gunnar Rockhound 29er
Soulcraft Monstercroos comming soon!
unknown chromed road bike
Raliegh Alum hardtail(snowbike convert)
"Trust me,you don't want a big baby."
A random BMX
1994 Cannondale M600
2001 Cannondale F2000
2001 Cannondale Jekyll 700
2001 Cannondale Jekyll 2000 SL
2001 Cannondale Jekyll 2000
2001 Scott (the Scales’s predecessor)
2001 GT I-drive 4
2001 Whyte PRST-1
2002 Rocky Mountain Slayer
2007 Specialized Stumpjumper
2008 Giant Trance 1
2008 Giant Trance X2
That’s my bikes so far, if I wrote up all of my dads bikes I’d be here all night, seriously…so I’ll leave them out even though I’ve ridden them many times and they’re kept right next to mine.
Schwinn Stingray 16in(Metalic Blue with banana seat)
Schwinn Cruiser 24in
Huffy Sonic 6
Giant Awesome 24in
Schwinn Moab 3
08 Gary Fisher X-Cal
06 Kona Stinky Deluxe
06 Kona Stinky Deluxe
08 Gary Fisher X-Cal
01 Jeep Cherokee Sport, locked, lifted, and loaded
Drinking the Slick_Juice
mongoose- all i remember it being was silver
diamondback-it was made of aluminum($40)
haro nyquist-stolen(i stole this one but it was stolen from me)
haro del sol-beater(Free)
Raleigh super course 12-stolen(Free)
giant ocr3-current (soon to be 1x7)$60
trek 850 mountain track-single speed conversion(my baby)$35
"If women don't find handsome , they should at least find you handy."-Red Green
Diamondback - Something Unknown
Saracen - Something Unknown
Santa Cruz Nomad (current)
Raleigh XXiX (current)
Surly Steamroller (current)
BMC Streetfire (current)
Ibis Mojo (current)
the list is to long, i cant remember it all.
DJ, "Because I'm sure the world need's more dudes stalking the woods stoned out of their mind carrying a deadly weapon."
Big Wheels trike
Tiny bicycle with training wheels and spokey-dokes
-break in biking for a couple years-
Dad's Specialized RockHopper rigid
Trek low-end mountain bike
-break in biking for a while-
Jamis Boss cruiser
Araya fixed conversion road
Specialized HardRock Ultra
Specialized Stumpjumper FSR
Now I've got two "copies" of the bike my dad loaned me, a single speed Specialized RockHopper and a Street Stomper with the motorcycle brake levers...I'm passionate about those steel S bikes. They remind me of my dad and my youth.
Members who have read this thread: 23
- Mike E.,
- M Lopez,
- Reilly S.,