'03 stumpy - Sold
Originally Posted by pimpbot
Access Hardtail -Sold
Giant TCR - Sold (thank God)
Trek 9500 - Sold
Raleigh Grand Prix - Sold
Singular Swift 29er singlespeed
Giant Yukon... rebuilt as a city bike.
Big wheels rule. The only way to fly.
First bike - single speed "Dutch" or "English" klunker that was heavy as hell. My birthday present from my dad in the 7th grade back in 1975. The keys to freedom. Rode the crap out of that bike and used to bomb downhill down this steep, rocky hill in my backyard when ever I was bored during the early eighties. For all I know, it still is in a storage shed at my folks home back home.
2) Panasonic R4000 in 1990
3) Falcon 520 Reynolds tubing 6 speed 1990- 1993
4) Cannondale 1992-1994
5) Dave Moulton Fuso 1994- 1998 ( still kick myself for getting rid of that one)
6) Atala Columbus SLX 1995- Current. 8 speed Campy Record ergo
7) DeRosa Columbus SLX Track bike Suntour Superb Pro Pista 1998- Current
8) Gary Fisher Big Sur HT - F****%#^!!!!r stole it off my roof rack in 1998
9) Cannondale R4000 full D/A. Still have it.
10) K2 Razorback XT HT with the original Noleen shock 1999-Current (bought to replace the GF that was stolen six months prior
11) Custom built Scandium Atherton - 1999-Current
12) Tsunami - Al/carbon stay compact frame - 2001- 2010
13) Custom Ti Road frame Full D/A - 2005- Current
14) Bridgestone R450 (1980's?) bought in 2007 as a project. Currently being used as a 7 speed with D/T shifters.
15) Custom Ti Cyclocross frame - 9 speed D/A 2007-Current
16) Ritchey/Bontrager cross frame - Awaiting repairs to cantilever bosses 1998- Current.
My wife's bikes:
Schwinn road bike 2001- Current
Specialized Hardrock 2005-current
Astra - 1970's era mixte frame
I may be dating myself a little but here goes...
Schwinn Varsity 10 speed
Raleigh MTB 18 speed
"A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish."
LeGran BMX 500 from K-Mart (5yrs old)
Spirit 10 speed
Miyata 10 speed
Murray Eagle River
Giant Reign 1
tangaroo: What electrolytes do chicken and turkey have again?
rck18: All of them, because they're meat.
1. Murray BMX
2. Murray 24" MTB
3. 1993 Specialized Crossroads
4. 1995 Giant ATX 890
5. 1997 Schwinn Homegrown Hardtail
6. 1997 Schwinn Homegrown Factory Hardtail
7. 1998 Schwinn Homegrown Factory Hardtail
8. 1998 Trek 5500 OCLV (Road)
9. 2007 Titus Modena (Road)
10. 2007 Titus Racer-X
11. 2008 Kona Unit 2-9
12. 2009 Yeti ASR-Carbon
13. 2010 Giant TCX-1
14. 2010 Cannondale Flash 29er 1
15. 2010 Cannondale Flash Carbon 29er 2
The Murrays were cheap, but I was so stoked to be out on a bike and enjoying my new freedom.
The Specialized was my first "nice" bike at 13 years old and it got me out on some longer rides, up to 60 miles...this is when I first started to expand my boundaries.
The Giant ATX was my first nice mountain bike, and I got into racing on this bike. I sold it to a friend and he still rides it often.
I had 3 Schwinns, the first had a crossthreaded bottom bracket from the factory, the second, umm, broke, and the third lasted me 8 years.
I've never taken to any of my road bikes, and they were sold without too much remorse. The Trek was too flexy for my tastes and the Modena just didn't fit. The Giant TCX is a great bike and it's fun, but I still prefer, my mountain bikes...even on the road.
The Racer-X was really versatile and solid...could be ridden for everything from XC racing to All Mountain.
The Yeti was the most fun...it felt fast and like a BMX bike.
The Cannondales, are the best race bikes I've been on...and do double duty as road bikes. They're light, fast, and very fun on all but the roughest trails (think Porcupine Rim).
Last edited by brentos; 11-25-2010 at 10:02 PM.
The Beast Breathes
How many of those do you still own?
Originally Posted by kntr
Nice bikes, BTW
Good luck with that, mister 300-Mile Turn Radius.
My sister's Purple Schwinn with solid tires.
White Huffy BMX of unknown origin
Trek 800 <-Life changing Bar Mitzvah present, 1992
GT Timberline <-Fist suspension fork
Cannondale M500 <-Started wrenching, 1994
Random steel Schwinn Road Bike <-Pittsburgh full-time commuter
Random steel Jamis road bike
RM Slayer <-moved to Moab
RM Switch <-moved to Grand Junction
Banshee Chaparral 6" <-my first RMH
Mountain Cycle hardtail of some sort
Banshee Chaparral 7"
TBC Preston FR <-three of um
Cove Handjob <-got a DUI
TBC Bottlerocket <-my BFF
Niner MCR <-Bikepacking mule
Sure I'm forgetting several. Good that we are not trying to remember women.
My first bike was probably some K-Mart or Toys-R-Us special. It had pedal brakes and 2 tires.
Next was probably another TRU special - this one had handle-bar brakes!
My next bike was a Murray Street Machine! Awesome with disc brakes! One of the first "off road" bikes. It got stolen.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wML-s6CAMa8?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wML-s6CAMa8?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
After that was some no-name mountain bike that my dad had. We stripped it down, painted it and repaired it. It worked for a while until the rear deraileur bent on a fairly simple hill climb.
Then a hand-me-down Trek mountain bike from my friend when he bought a Cannondale. Worked for a while, then I think I sold it at a yard sale.
Just purchased 1 week ago today:
Trek Gary Fisher Marlin 29er.
This is fun to recall the memories:
Banana Bike (hand-me-down with yellow, you guessed it, banana seat)
'91 Sears 24" bike (had shiny 5spd shifter on top tube)
'95 Schwinn Frontier, rigid 26" (my first purchase, converted to singlespeed still have)
'04 Trek 6700 Disc (sold)
'98 Specialized Allez Comp (sold)
'05 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp Disc (sold)
'75 Schwinn (baby blue w/ bent seat tube converted to singlespeed, gave away)
'05 Specialized Tarmac Comp (sold)
'07 Trek Fuel EX 8 (sold)
'07 C'dale Capo fixie (sold)
'07 Giant TCR C2 (sold)
'08 Yeti 575 Race (sold, biggest regret, loved this bike! )
'09 BMC RoadRacer (sold)
'09 Redline Conquest Pro (sold)
'09 Ibis Mojo SL (sold)
'09 Yeti ARC X (Still Have)
'10 Jamis D29 Pro (sold)
'10 Ibis Silk SL (Still Have)
'10 Redline Monocog Flight (sold)
'10 C'dale Road Tandem (Still Have)
Just for fun I'll add in my wifes bikes as it's mostly due to my influence that she took up cycling:
'00 Giant Sedona (Still Have)
'05 Trek 2100 WSD (Sold)
'06 Trek 4500 WSD (Sold)
'07 C'dale Six13 (Sold)
'08 Yeti 575 Race (Sold)
'09 Orbea Diva (Sill Have)
'09 Yeti ASR (Sold)
'10 Yeti ASR 5 (Still Have)
And last, but probably the one I've been most excited about, we bought a green Strider that our 16 month old son will hopefully start enjoying on Christmas morning!
Our Stable: Yeti ASR-5, Yeti Big Top , Yeti ARC-X, Orbea Diva, Co-Motion Speedster one for me, one for her
Here's a few....Could never remember all of them no way...
In the 60's
In the 70's
Merida? The full suspension bike Kawasaki sold
In the 80's
In the 90's
Gary Fisher Sugar 1
(3) Redline Prolines
San Miguel Beer Drinker
1. no-name bike with bmx tires which i installed 7-speed shifters when i was in grade school (got stolen)
2. no-name mountain bike which eventually got parted out and eventually thrown out
3. Haro X6 Extreme (wrong size)
4. Schwinn Frontier (finally, proper fitting bike)
5. Haro Xeon -- loved it except for the weight and the chainsuck
6. Giant Anthem Team 2007 - loved it except for the Maestro rear shock which was totally unserviceable
7. KHS Alite 2000 - loved it but was yearning for full squish after a while
8. BMC TF03 - it was nice, yes, but I then I am looking for a 29er
9. Trek Marlin 29er - current bike
Man! This is a great thread!
1. Schwinn 20" kids bike, modded by my Awesome XC Racer Dad, with sparkle paint just like the schwinn racing team, Bmx Racing Rims, Off road tioga tires, Gripshift with 6 speeds, custom colored cable housings (White) and Racing Saddle..I think it was a Selle Italia. IT RIPPED!
2. Mongoose Mini BMX bike with 20" wheels with normal width tires (tioga skinwalls), Higher bars (custom painted)...I started jumping with that bike!
3. Gary Fisher XC bike! This was the one that got me into racing! Wicked paint job (custom...red to yellow to black!) Gripshift X-ray shifters, Shimano XT mech, Shimano cranks, custom wheelset with nashbar hubs and Panaracer tires..sometimes green michelins! Serfas kevlar saddle, serfas grips, profile riser bars. Awesome bike! Dad sold it...my brother had the same...we still have it around.
4. Mongoose Fuzzy Hall Signature BMX...custom built by aa mechanic friend...he sold it to me used. It was pretty heavy! But pretty much the envy of my biker friends in school! Triple Walled Alex rims, Haro sealed hubs, profile cranks and chain wheel, heavy ass chain, 4 piece bars, haro stem. Everything was huge on this bike..I think it weighed about 40lbs!
5. Cannondale caad4 F3000 which brings super bad memories! It's been the only bike that was stolen! NEVER AGAIN! I won a loooot of local races on it! IT weighed about 19 lbs. First real race bike..Full XTR back in the day.
6. Cannondale caad5 F2000 that replaced my stolen bike! I was riding pretty good in that time..I was about 12-13 years old...It had CODA disc brakes which sucked and my dad put XTR v brakes instead. It has spinergy SPOX, Selle Italia FLITE seat (fave!) and the whole enchilada! Went to Mexican Jr. Championships on it.
7. Cheetah Downhill bike! My first "DH" bike! I bought it used, It had White brothers upside down forks (the first ones). I had a blaaaast on that thing...I painted it, changed a lot of parts and then sold it.
8. Cannondale Jeckyll trail bike! This was BIKE USA (was located in San Diego) edition. I rode Durango, CO on it and was the best bike EVER! I loved that bike...but soon felt a little short on travel....So I got....
9. Orange 222 Downhill bike! It had EVERYTHING! It was a graduation present when they first came out! My dad got a suuuper good deal on it! Brand new! It was White with red letters! It had race face, sram 9.0SL, Answer ProTaper gold bars just like my dads motorcycle! IT ripped! 38lbs! I won a couple of dh races at big bear and Fontana, CA. I recently ebayed the frame
10. Specialized P.2 bike. I got it SUPER cheap! It was my jumping bike all through high school, I put 24" double wide rims (SUN) on it...It looked FUGLY by today standards...but I loved it. I learned a loot of stuff with it.
11. Identiti Dr. Jeckyll Frame. I got this to replace my P.2
It was awesome! I jumped with that bike a lot! I went to skateparks, etc. I broke a marzocchi fork on that bike. I sold it.
12. Iron Horse MKIII Trail bike. I loved it! Used it everywere! It was my first All-Mountain bike. It had manitou nixon forks, 5th element shock and XTR parts my dad passed on to me from his previous race bike. I recently sold it to buy me a new bike!
13. Union Street Bikes Molly Maguire MTBMX street bike! 24" wheels! BMX parts! 25 lbs.! SUPER AWESOME FUN!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE THIS BIKE!!! I still have it...I invested a lot of money (for the type of bike) on it. 80% Odyssey parts. Super flickable! I don't use it that much these days. I don't like getting hurt that much these days. Probably gonna sell it.
And last but not least.....
Young Punk Days:
1) 1975 JCPenney 5-speed w/ sissy bar.
2) 1978 D&G 20" BMX w/ Motomag wheels.
3) 1979 Red Line Chrome Moly 20" BMX w/ Tuff Wheels.
4) 1980 FMF Alloy 20" BMX w/ Cook Bros. headset.
Dope Fiend Days:
1) 1997 Specialized Rockhopper A1 FS - Traded for leather jacket + $50 cash.
2) 1999 Pacific Full-Suspension - Found it dumpster-diving. Abandoned it after RD broke.
3) 2001 NEXT 24" Full-Suspension - Found it in front of house. Later stolen, while locked. Karma is a *****!
4) 1997 Roadmaster hardtail - Lost my license/car, and this was my primary ride.
5) 1993 Giant Innova hardtail - Unattended bike, in front of house. Left Roadmaster behind in-trade.
6) 2002 Giant Full-Suspension - Saw kids cut lock, and chased them away. Got bike easy.
7) 2004 Gary Fisher Zebrano hardtail - Purchased for $40. Stolen from rehab facility.
Recovered XC Rider:
1) 2006 Trek 4900 Disc - Great bike to train on, but weighed 33lbs. Sold it after 1400miles.
2) 2006 Cannondale F600 Furio - Lost 50lbs of fat, riding this bike. I have a new addiction.
3) 2005 Cannondale F2000 SL - Learned XC bike handling skills on this 19-pound rocket:
4) 2010 Giant Anthem X2 - First FS bike paid with money I actually earned myself. Transferred components from previous Cannondale race HT. The result below weighs 22.3 pounds:
Last edited by Cayenne_Pepa; 12-08-2010 at 10:15 PM.
"Life is way too short to own anything crappy"
Schwinn Stingray with 5 speed stick shifter and a wide slick rear tire (ultra cool)
My dad's very old Raleigh 3 speed
Miyata Americana (the first bike I bought with my own money...from picking blueberries)
KHS Special (shoulda bought the Trek instead)
Mountain Sport Montana (innovative design - poorly built...this is when I learned not to trust Mountain Bike Action magazine reviews)
Fisher AL-1 (the one I got was bulletproof...but too heavy. I should have bought a Klein for $200 more)
2002 Trek 8000 (used from a buddy...VERY nice frame! Super light and fun to ride.)
Trek 4900 (used...bought for parts then turned the rest into a commuter)
08 Salsa Moto Rapido (love it!!)
09 Redline Conquest with discs (wet weather commuter)
09 Orbea Onix (fun fun fun!!!)
No money for new bikes at the moment. The 3 I have are great bikes and I love riding all of them. I see no need to change at the moment.
Hmmm... never tried to make a whole list.
big wheel - dukes of hazzard
20" huffy bmx (thunder?)
beat to crap spraybombed stingray that was my uncle's
gt pro performer
diamond back reactor
cyclecraft pro cruiser
gt pro series
elf pro cruiser
gt pro series cruiser
free agent pro cruiser
early 80's Ross mountain bike from a friend's dad
90' or 91 trek 930
70's schwinn road bike from my cousin
93 spech. stumpjumper
95 trek 930
2000? spech. rockhopper pro
2002 spech. stumpjumper
2005 spech. stumpjumper fsr expert
2008 spech. stumpjumper fsr expert
2009 fuji roubaix
2009 pivot mach 4
2010 motobecane fly ti 29er
I rode BMX for a long time so I've gone through a few bikes. I still have 2 of my BMX bikes.
1) My first bike ever was a 20" Wal-Mart bike. It was red.
2) Thought I was too big for a 20" so I asked my parents for a 18 speed from Sears. Dont remember the brand.
3) Realized I couldnt jump curbs as good on that so I sold it and my parents bought me a Mongoose Menace.
4) Broke the Menace and bought a cheap Redline Frame and some really cheap stuff to make it ride.
5) Broke that and got a Specialized Fat Boy
6) Broke that and got a Schwinn. Dont remember the name of it. The lower end of whatever Jay Miron rode back then.
7) I then got into BMX racing so my parents bought me a Trek Pro-Issue. The Y shaped frame. I now had 2 bikes.
8) Broke the Schwinn and bought a DK SOB frame to replace it. Used the parts off the Schwinn.
9) Broke the trek frame, which got replaced under warranty. They sent me a normal looking frame this time. I built the bike back up with all new parts. I still have this bike.
10) Got rid of the SOB frame because I was tired of how much the bike weighed. Bought a Standard STA Ox-Platnum edition and some other high end parts. I still have this bike also.
11) My 08' Specialized XC Comp. Getting rid of this one soon though so then I'll be on #12.
Inglis 29er Singlespeed
Gary Fisher Rig
Salsa Juan Solo
On-One Inbred 29 slot
Orbea Alma 26er
Rocky Mountain Solo CXR
Gary Fisher Caliber
Kona Kapu (steel)
Cannondale Black Lightning (2 of them)
Gary Fisher Sugar 3
GT I-drive 5000
Colnago c40 (steel fork)
Falcon 73 road
This is just the last 7 years...can't remember past that...purchased most used
A few updates since 2006
Intense Podium 20inch
Intense Podium 24inch
Supercross Envy 20inch
Supercross Envy 24inch
Specialized Epic FSR
Bianchi Super Pista
Originally Posted by Chase24.1
-Diamondback Viper BMX
-Cannondale f800? Cad 3 something or other.
-Atala, 1974, full Campy. Parted out like an idiot, converted to fixed.
-Motobecane Super something-or-other.
-Schwinn LeTour 1x5 freewheel with no brakes.
-Fetish Cycles road bike, 1x9 with a MTB STI lever, rear brake only.
-Santa Cruz Superlight
-Access MTB, first 3x9, then 1x9 then SS, then converted to drop bars. Then sold.
-Mystery road bike conversion.
-Old Bianchi (?) SS MTB
-Surly Cross Check (still have)
-1977 Trek (forget the model), full Campy and Phil hubs, bone stock and perfect. Miss that one.
-Nashbar 853 (still have)
-GT Peace 29er, the worst bike I ever rode.
-1985 Trek 660 (still have)
-Salsa Fargo (still have)
Ninja turtles bike (thrown out?)
Pacific bmx (stolen)
X games brand bmx (stolen)
red NEXT dual suspension (tacoed rim, not worth replacing, thrown out)
Rode my brothers dyno VFR for a while (just recently thrown away do to broken top tube)
Trek 820 police bike (got for free, thrown away)
Got to highschool bikes were lame
Graduated and stopped playing varsity sports, felt like a slob started running which was boring so i got a
Lame list, I know, but I still got plenty of time to build it. already looking to get at least a new MTB for next race season. Maybe I'll upgrade the roadie too.
Ignoring childhood bikes.....starting circa 1991....
1991 Cannondale M400 (broken frame)
1992 Kona Hei Hei (Sandvik ti....where'd they go?)
1993 Specialized Stumpjumper (first steelie)
1993 Supergo FS (first fs bike...broken frame)
1993 AMP B4 (How did AMP not get sued?...or did they?.....almost goes without saying broken frame)
1993 Specialized Allez (first road bike)
1993 Cannondale MT3000 (Tandems are so dorky, so fun, so expensive, and so rarely ridden)
1995 Trek Y22 (worst bike ever.....broken frame)
1995 Trek 2300 (a noodle)
1995 Trek OCLV Pro Issue (fist ss..........broken frame)
1996 Cannondale CAAD2 (replacement for M400)
1996 Klein Adroit (one of my favorites)
1997 Klein Attitude Race (regret selling)
1997 Klein Mantra Race (weirdest feeling fs..........broken frame....twice)
1997 Schwinn Homegrown Factory (made me want to fish - bass boat blue)
1997 Merlin Echo (boutique-y crap)
1997 Manitou FS (so fragile.............broken frame)
1998 Ellsworth Truth (very short pivot life)
1999 Klein Quantum Race (nice crit bike....terrible road bike)
2000 Retrotec Half (so cool to look at.....so horrible to ride........broken frame)
2001 Klein Palomino (a close second worst to the Y bike)
2001 Santa Cruz Bullit (the Sherman Tank)
2001 Titus Loco Moto (poor attempt at a single pivot....broke so quickly)
2003 Pinarello Opera (steel is real with carbon)
2005 Ellsworth Moment (great riding.....miss it)
2007 Retrotec Half 29 SS (replacement for the broken original....rode just as poorly...broken frame)
2007 Colnago Master X (Still in the garage, classic Italian beauty)
2007 Fisher Rig (Even their first gen 29 geomentry wasn't bad)
2008 Trek 69er SS (Bad science experiment, but still being ridden......a Klein under the Trek badge. Travis can ride it, but can anyone else?)
2008 Colnago C50 Cross (Costs more than most 600cc motorbikes....dumb)
2008 Trek Madone 6.9 (Nice and light at 15lbs.....at the cost of rigidity)
2009 Fisher Superfly SS (Rides so well.....sounds so bad)
2011 Trek Sawyer (Could it be?.....a Retrotec that rides well and won't break?)
Last edited by cyk; 12-12-2010 at 08:28 PM.
Earn the descent.
93 Cannondale M700
95 Klein Rascal
96 Trek Y-33
96 Manitou System DH
01 Iron Horse G-Spot
01 Schwinn Straight 6
02 Foes Fly
03 Intense Spider
03 Titus Quasimoto
03 Titus Quasimoto DH
05 Titus Moto-lite
05 Banshee Scirocco
06 Seven Duo
06 Ellsworth Moment
06 Gunnar Ruffian 29er SS
07 Niner RIP9
08 Sinister Ridge
08 Vassago Optimus Ti 29er SS
05 Seven Sola Ti
08 Ellsworth Tiruth (still have)
08 Ellsworth Moment (still have)
06 Ellsworth Rogue
07 Ellsworth Epiphany (still have)
09 Jones Spaceframe / ti truss fork (still have)
09 Cotic BFe (still have)
10 Knolly Delirium (still have)
05 Orbea Lobular
05 Orbea Aletta Tri
06 Titus FCR Ti
05 Independent Fabrication Club Racer fixie
07 Orbea Ora Tri
05 Seven Elium SG (still have)
09 Seven V-II
10 Pinarello Dogma 60.1 (still have)
10 Moots Vamoots CR (ordered)
"Curb drops to flat, or curb drops to transition? There's a BIG difference there." Qfactor03
Sorry for the descriptions, I felt like I needed to put some fluff in there to make up for my short list. I dont know the bikes I had as a kid, these are the bikes I have bought myself.
1. 200? Wal-Mart Roadmaster- Metallic blue with all the stickers removed. I can't believe I never broke it or myself riding it. This was my intro to MTB and I knew I was going to have to do better.
2. 2006 Specialized HardRock Sport Disc- The best bike in the world when your last one had a "sport" fork and came from WalMart. I eventually put a RS Recon and BB7's on it and still ride it sometimes
3. 2010 Specialized Stumpjumper HT Comp- So smooth..
Haha Mike, I had a short break from biking while smoking, eating and drinking! Thing is that your back, and we always return
I'll play... if I can remember all of these.
At the beginning
1: The classic red trike of most of our childhoods, 1969-1971.
2: White and purple "department store" bike with training wheels (later without), 1971.
3: Classic banana-seat red Schwinn, 1972-1975.
4: Special edition, Bicentennial, red, white and blue, banana-seated 3 speed Schwinn (I really wanted a BMX bike...), 1976-1979.
5: Trek 720 "touring" bike, 1983-1985. Parted out.
I see the light
6: Red Trek Antelope 830, 1986. Sold to pay the rent.
7: Black Trek Antelope 830, 1987-1988. Stolen.
8: Green Trek Antelope 830, 1988. Cracked head tube.
9: Black Giant 780 ATX(?), 1989-1995. I added a Scott Unishock in 1991 and this became my first bike with suspension. Passed on to my dad.
10: One of a kind red and grey prototype Schwinn Homegrown hardtail, 1995-2001. Sold damn it!
11: Dark blue Santa Cruz Heckler, my first FS bike, 1999-2005. Sold.
12: Dark blue Santa Cruz Bullet, 2000-2005. Sold after repeated concussions and bruised ribs...
13: White Santa Cruz Blur, 2004-2005. Sold, too small.
14: Red Santa Cruz Chameleon, 2005-2010. Sold, again damn it!!!
15: Black Santa Cruz Blur, 2005-2007. Sold.
16: Dark Blue Santa Cruz Nomad, 2007-2010. Sold.
17: Purple and white Coyote RD road SS "bar" bike, 2007-2009. Sold.
18: Classic red Schwinn cruiser, 2007-2009. Sold.
19: Giant Trance, 2008. Sold after it became apparent (and succeeded in fracturing my shoulder) that it was too big
20: Silver Santa Cruz Blur, 2008-present.
21: Specialized Globe auto-shifting bar/commuter bike, 2009-present.
22: Black Santa Cruz Carbon Blur Long-Travel, 2010-present.
23?: Something soon for sure... Maybe a hard-tail 29'er?
Last edited by huntermos; 09-12-2011 at 01:52 PM.
Reason: updated info
this is an old thread but i'll refresh my list:
mid 1960's big wheel
purple 1970-72 schwinn sting ray (fate unknown)
white 1972-73 sears free spirit (fate unknown)
red 1990-91 univega alpina uno (sold)
red 1994 kona fire mountain (partially parted out, sold)
red 1996 GT karakoram (parted out, frame sold)
orange 1997 ibis alibi (current stable)
blue 1995 specialized rockhopper (disposed of by landlord)
red 1998 ibis alibi (parted out, frame sold)
unknown manufacturer black cruiser bike (disposed of by landlord)
red 2002 santa cruz superlight (sold)
yellow/orange 2007 schwinn fastback CX (broken frame)
green 2008 KHS solo one 29'er (current stable)
white/red/black 2011 GT CX type 1 (current stable)
Last edited by mikeb; 08-20-2011 at 01:18 PM.
BMX joe 12
some kind of infinity 16 inch wheeled bike
2006 Kona howler, Small
2008 Santa Cruz Heckler, Small
My favourite bike of all and my current a late 2007 Santa Cruz Heckler
Those are all of the bikes that I have had so far. I'm sure that there are many more to come!
FIrst for me was a chrome dept store huffy, Lasted about 8 months,
Dyno Bmx Jumper
2000 Specialised hemi fatboy MX
1998 DBR Vlink 3.2 (still have it WOOT!)
2004 XTS moto
Hopefully soon a 2005 DBR Super SL
1- Rampar bmx
2- Raleigh bmx, stolen
3- Schwinn Predator Freestyle bike, stolen
4- Specialized Hardrock early 90's l
5- Diamondback Mtb some random mid 90's cheapo
6- 95? Mtn Tek Comp LX First decent mtb, alu hardtail, Manitou III fork
7- Custom chopper beach cruiser with dual crown raked forks and 144 spoke wheels
8- 2007 Iron Horse MkIII still have
9- 2007 Rocky Mountain Slayer 50 still have
trek 1500 '07
specialized tarmac expert '08
specialized stumpjumper comp '09
trek fuel ex 9.8 '09
trek marlin SS '11
niner one9 '10
niner A9C '11
Ok but your making me strain my tiny little brain to remember.....
Early 50's some red/white tricycle
NEVER had a two wheeler as a kid, parents said they were too dangerous
(HA fooled them rock climbed, skydived, raced motorcycles, etc)
1966 Very Used Generic beach type bike, coaster brake belonged to my brother
1971 bought a used J.C. Penny 10 speed to ride to college.didn't ride it long after I got my first motorcycle.
In 1982 (started seriously ridding)bought a used Raleigh Super Tourer (1976) still own
1986 Cannondale SR900 all Campy rode Ironman in '87, still own
1995 Specialized Stumpy M2 Comp sold it
2000 Cannondale F2000SX (first year Lefty) sold it
2003 Klein Palomino Team (Beautiful bike! sold it
2008 Maverick Durance (still have, need to sell, sz sm)
2009 Orbea Oiz Love it!
Training on Hills Builds Character, That's How I Got To Be One!
It all started with this bike in the late 50's
By the late 60's I was riding 15-30 mi of ST a day on an old Huffy 10 speed.
I upgraded to a Schwinn 10 speed once I moved to Ft. Collins,CO in '73 and the easy availability of 20-30 mi ST trails just a few pedals away from town.
I was shocked to see companies finally come out with "Mountain Bikes" in the 80's after 15 yrs of riding trails on my street bikes.
My first "real" MTB was a Diamondback that I bought in '86.
A few Childhood bikes.
Late 80's Department Store MTB
92 Schwinn Impact
94 Caloi (Started Rigid and added Manitou Mach 5 fork)
87 Specialized Road bike
96 Haro Escape (The old reliable 21R fork)
05 Gary Fisher Cake 2
08 Specialized Langster
09 Scott CR1
11 Trek Elite 9.8 (had it for all of 2 weeks)
11 Trek Superfly
03 Specialized Hardrock
09 Trek Fuel EX8 WSD
10 Trek Madone project one
Will likely have a tri bike and a 29er HT by spring
My first bike was a 1962 Rudge sports model with a (Sturmey-Archer?) 3-speed that came with a Dynohub and Brooks saddle. Bought new, it was stolen two years later. My fault.
No more bikes for a long time after that.
In about 1992 I bought a Nishiki tourer new for $350. Can't recall the model but it had far too many gears for Manhattan riding. That bike was stolen too. Not my fault. I had it just long enough to come to dislike derailleurs a lot.
Now I'm ready to begin a new job that will offer me an easy 5.8 mile commute each way. Eager to get back in shape I'm leaning toward buying a new Surly Karate Monkey complete bike. Singlespeed. If I like it, can use it regularly, and it doesn't get stolen, I'll upgrade to an Alfine 11 or Rohloff hub. If I think it necessary.
Even with the addition of hundreds of miles of bike lanes in the City in recent years, New York is still essentially a hostile place for bicycles. Can't even take one into a Whole Foods store. How not green is that?
Last edited by marchone; 08-21-2011 at 06:08 PM.
GT Pro Performer
Ross Road Bike
LeMond Custom TI
Gary Fisher Cake
Gary Fisher Rig
Trek Top Fuel
Trek Fuel EX 9.9
Ellsworth Evolve - Have had 6 of these bikes at different times.
Felt 9 HT
Santa Cruz Blur
Titus Racer X 29er
Cannondale SuperSix Hi-Mod
Raleigh XXIX G
Niner One 9
Niner Jet 9
Niner RIP 9
Van Dessel Jersey Devil
Ventana El Comandante
Titus Fireline Ti 29er
GT Sensor 29er
Van Dessel WTF
Lynskey Pro 29 SL
Cannondale Flash 29er 1
Trek Superfly Elite
I know there are more, will add them when I remember!
Last edited by Spinning Lizard; 08-23-2011 at 08:18 AM.
1979 Schwinn banana seat bike of some sort - broke the frame
1981 generic bmx - rusted and thrown out
1983 Murray bmx - long gone
1986 generic freestyler - sold at yard sale in the '90's
1994 Trek 850 - traded after 3 months for the next bike
1992 Mongoose IBOC - gave it to a friend after getting next bike
1997 Spec Stumpjumper (the green one) - sold on ebay in 2000
2002 Trek Fuel 100 - sold on ebay in 2009
1990's Gary Fisher hardtail (bead blasted by previous owner - no idea of the frame name) - my current whip, trying to get my passion back.
Next one? I want a 29er SS or 1x9
1966 - Tricycle (stolen)
1970 - Schwinn Stingray
1975 - Sears 10 Speed (stolen)
1982 - Sears 10 Speed (stolen)
1994 - Haro Rigid MTB (stolen)
1995 - Diamondback Vertex MTB
1996 - Specialized S-Works M2 MTB grey
1996 - Specialized M2 Road
1997 - Specialized S-Works M2 MTB orange
1998 - Specialized S-Works M2 MTB green (stolen)
1999 - Specialized S-Works M4 MTB Yellow
1999 - Huffy MTB commuter
2003 - Specialized Epic Marathon MTB grey
2006 - Specialized Allez Road 2006 alum+cf
2007 - Swobo Del Norte SS Road
2009 - Madwagon Cruiser
2009 - Vassago Jabberwocky SS MTB
2010 - Linskey Ti w/Vassago Geometry MTB 2010
2010 - Sun Cruiser
1- Something with hard rubber wheels
2- Huffy MX (BMX with a suspension fork and sprung seat to make it look like a dirt bike)
3- Spalding ATB
4- Iron Horse
5- GT Mount Shasta Tempest
6- Klien Attitude Comp
5- Trek 4000
7- Santa Cruze Superlight
8- Specialized Stumpy EVO
2. Trek Mountaintrack 220 (I think)
3. Some crappy wal-mart bike
4. Haro V1
5. Crappy bmx bike i found in my friends neighbors trash bin on garbage night
6. Kink Curb (BMX bike)
7. Iron Horse Maverick Elite (Older, impossible to find, 6" travel, upgraded the hell out of it)
It's not about what bike you ride, but how hard you tear it up
Pics of the only 2 bikes I still own, probably selling the haro soon.
It's not about what bike you ride, but how hard you tear it up
1993 - Giant ATX-760
1997 - Trek Y-22
2002 - Giant XtC Team
2010 - Giant Reign
raleigh racing bike
some crappy raleigh mountain bike (can't remember name)
cannondale m1000 black/blue fade
marin nail trail
gt zaskar pro
my current ride specialised rockhopper comp 2010
I'm not gonna count the bikes I had as a kid, this list is all within the past 3 years.
2001 Haro 540 Air
1996 Specialized Ground Control A1
2005 Specialized Hardrock Pro Disc
2009 Specialized Rockhopper Comp
early 90's Specialized Rockhopper
2009 Specialized Langster
2008 Cannondale F29 2 - (my current ss)
1998 Specialized S-Works - (my current geared)
1970 Schwinn Typhoon
1977 Schwinn Town and Country
1964 Schwinn Fiesta
1983 Schwinn Sidewinder
1983 Schwinn Predator
1985 Schwinn Predator
2- 1983 Mongoose Californian
1979 Mongoose Motomag
1984 Mongoose Californian
1985 Mongoose ATB Pro
1986 Mongoose ATB
1977 Dunelt womens 3 speed
1950's JC Higgins womens
1964 Hiawatha women's
1997 GT Performer
1987 General Hustler RL Osborne
1987 General Hustler
1985 Diamond Back hot streak
1985 Diamond Back cool streak
1985 Ross Pirahna
Too many too think of!
1. Huffy Sonic 6
2. Huffy Mud Slinger
3. Trek 4500
4. Schwinn Crosscut
5. Motobecane Sprint
6. Novara Buzz King B
Among the more memorable of the bikes I have owned:
MCS Magnum BMX circa 1980
Gary Fisher Klunker replica
Dyna Taboo Tiki cruiser
Ventana El Comandante
You have got to be joking! I salute the people that can remember these!
2008 Specialized Hardrock sport
2009 Giant Rincon XC
2002 Trek 4500
2 2003 hardrock cr-mo's
2003 Giant rainier
2003 Giant NRS 3
2003 Giant Warp Ds2 with lots of upgrades
Weyless 67 downhill rig
1999 Stumpjumper FSR
2000 Stumpjumper m2 pro
1995 ? stumpjumper m2 future shock
2007 marin nail trail
1997 Specialized ground control FSR Aim pro
1984 Peugeot p6
1976 Schwinn varsity
1980s Univega nuovo sport
1980s Specialized Sirrus
1992 Specialized epic carbon
2006 Allez elite
2 mid 80s Novara Strada's
BMX. this list will be far from complete but here it goes
90s RL 340
2007 Redline Romp
2008 Diamonback nitrous
2008 Kink roc
06 Failure grade 1
2008 Redline 3.1
2008 dk step up
2007 Diamondback skindog
weird black mosh
2008 eastern element
2008 eastern jane
08 kink transition
2009 eastern traildigger
2006 redline double x
2007 haro x3
2009 haro x3
2009 haro x3
2005 haro x24
2009 haro x3
2009 kink launch
another 2008 diamond back nitrous
there is more but im going blank
here is my photobucked account of what bikes have been recorded with pics. it shows how much i bought and sold each for.
Members who have read this thread: 8