Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Ever have one of those perfect rides?

725 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Samblam 
#1 · (Edited)
OK, so today's ride was so good I have to share. Temperature was mid 40's and leaves everywhere, plus our trails are in peril after some State cutbacks so don't seem as well traveled lately. I wasn't really "feeling it" but it had been over a week since I rode and I knew it was going to be better than the yardwork I had just finished up.

I set the pressure at 25 and headed out. I've been running 27-30 and this drop proved to be a good move....I felt faster than ever and even on the leaves the bike seemed to handle the best it ever has. I was bunny hopping stuff all over the place, launching off roots like a kid on a BMX, and railing turns like never before. I even clipped a couple of twigs with my rear tire, drifting through some kinks where I could get a little air mid-turn like in so many of the awesome videos we all watch...

It was sublime, it really was. The trail was perfect, even with leaves, and the temperature was cold enough to keep my lungs aware, but never got annoying.

I finished up on our new downhill section that includes some nice launches and serious berms....just an awesome day in the woods!

I wanted to post something to the "Passion" section, no matter how corny...I hope everyone else's next ride is this good!

See less See more
#3 ·
I just yesterday had one of those rides! It was epic! It was about 20 degrees and I was totally frozen, but I was keeping a great pace and felt like I was one with the bike and the trail. I know exactly how you feel, and that is what keeps me going back when's its miserably cold this time of year! Ride on!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.