Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

An enormous sense of Well Being

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Mookie 
#1 ·
There is a British band called Blur and in their song called Parklife there is a line about after feeding the Pidgeons it gave an enormous sense of well being.
Riding was my pidgeon feeding last night.
A long year with both parents passing away and now I am executor
After dealing with executor stuff all week I took off work early and rode
We have some great tracks 45 mins away and headed up there for a late Friday Arvo ride.
It was pretty hot and humid. Summer over here.
There was a stillness in the bush. Some 40 km of track. There was a few
cars in the parking areas, but not a single soul did I see. All lost in our own piece of track.
Black faced kangaroos, pink and grey galahs everywhere.
I am a conservative rider but I put away the coward prongs and actually felt some flow

The drive out of the hills was into a gold and red sunset

I had an enormous sense of Well Being

Ps I have had a couple of drinks and will be embarressed when I see this tomorrow

See less See more
#3 ·
My condolences on your loss, I can't imagine losing both parents so close together. I'm still reeling from the loss of my mother 4 years ago. Miss her every day. I am familiar with Blur and Damon Alburn's newer Gorillaz project. Good stuff, it's always nice to have a few songs in your head as you go. A little well being is what we're all after when we ride. Glad you've found it, and no reason to be embarrassed whatsoever.

#5 ·
Condolences for the loss of your parents, my friend. Glad you were able to find comfort on two wheels and all the more precious because this form of solace comes unexpectedly, yet when we need it the most.

#6 ·
Condolences, mate. I haven't had loss such as yours but I can say that getting out and riding when things are down is great therapy for me. It sounds like you had a very peaceful ride. You got nutin' to be embarrassed about. I'll drink a pint for ya.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.