Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Emancipation

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Debaser 
#1 ·
Solo rides rule, when you come accross something and want to check it out, imagining what life was like 100 years ago. Ended up on a little side track on Satuday, the Emancipation Mine. Some pics of the journey, some of the destination I didn't know I was going to.

Hope others had good rides this weekend. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Here's the mine. There were 2 entrences, the collapsed hole was above them on the hillside. It was maybe 50x50 feet and when I was tossing rocks into it, it took about 3 seconds to hit bottom. Picture doesn't do it justice, but I was a bit spooked by it. Last picture are rusty rails, they used to run the mining carts along these. Been a while since they've been used...

Again, thanks for looking.

Attachments

#3 ·
Nice stuff Brian...

Yeah, those guys sure were some tough mofo's!

There were a couple of uncapped shafts near where we used to live over by Ned, definitely scary stuff, especially when you're a Dad!!

Are those more pics from your S.... adventure? :)

#6 ·
daveM said:
Yeah, those guys sure were some tough mofo's!

There were a couple of uncapped shafts near where we used to live over by Ned, definitely scary stuff, especially when you're a Dad!!

Are those more pics from your S.... adventure? :)
Thanks Dave! No S ride here, these are right under your nose. Not big enough to hit as a ride (15 minutes of trail?), and a bit isolated.

Glad to hear you're out and about. We're about due to bump into each other soon, methinks. Missed you at the shop by about 20 minutes Saturday.

#7 ·
kjfp said:
What the heck are you running on your bike............motorcycle tires? :p

Cool pics, riding is a large part about exploring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
'Old school' Mythos. I'm an addict, I can't remember how many of those I've worn down to nothing...

Exploring is high on my list of fun stuff. Haven't done that in months, since late summer. Poking around the next corner makes my day, most days.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.