The perfessor

Effed up..........

- the trails have been pretty wet and were closed for a while so I thought I would hit the local greenway trails (paved)......though they were dry, I hit a patch of "green slime" trail at slow speed and STILL went down hard, almost breaking my elbow (a bone chip or two to remove).....really sux since I got some great wheels for Xmas this year - I keep my bike right by the computer in the man-cave to keep the passion stoked......will know how much longer I'll be off on Monday when I talk to the Doc about my MRI.......here's hoping it won't be much longer.........
    Trifecta is Perfecta: 26" FSR Geared / 29er SS Rigid / 29er Ti Hardtail Geared

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    sorry to hear it, mr. chrome. sending positive vibs your way

The Fastest of Bananas
    That slime is the worst, I'm ate it hard on that stuff myself a few time. Quick healing to ya

The perfessor
    Good news from the Doc: MRI didn't show anything bad, just some ligament damage that can heal on its own but they will wait for the edema to shrink / breakdown before the next visit in four weeks..........stability of the elbow is excellent in their opinion and the bone chip doesn't seem to be affecting anything so they think they might just leave it rather than go in after it......I can work on bending / straightening the elbow, but no weights yet.....continue cold / heat therapy as necessary and stay patient.....hopefully, I'll be up and running before the middle of March........

The perfessor
    - good news, went to the Doc's on Monday and he released me to ride again.....the elbow is healing quite nicely, and the first ride back was pretty good - didn't rattle my elbow to bad........gotta build up my endurance again but my speed was still decent ......

mtbr member
    Dec 2013

Effed up..........

Good news!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magically Delicious
    For me personally, the biggest disappointment in receiving an injury sometimes is not so much the injury itself, but, rather the down time from riding. And, what can sometimes be a long and slow recovery. I've been riding many years and have endured more than a few significant injuries. Ranging from significant soft tissue damage to broken body parts.
    Good luck for a short and productive recovery.
    A bad day of cycling is better than a good day at work

Work Truck - Dassault Falcon 7X

The perfessor
    Cleared, that's it exactly........I've ALWAYS been an active individual so down-time absolutely kills me........