Thread: Durable Saddle?

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Durable Saddle?

Im looking for a recommendation on a durable saddle. I ride a sir 9 and originally had the specialized alias saddle. The rails bent and eventually snapped during a race, and I got it replaced due to warranty with the same saddle. I put about 15 miles on the replacement and the rail bends. Read the reviews about it on here after the second one broke and saw that other people said the rails were weak. Can anyone recommend me a saddle that is durable and somewhat light? Durability is definitely more important to me now. Im looking to spend up to $100 but preferably closer to $75.

singletrack junkie
    Apr 2005
    This is what I use. It is the bomb. Don't know what it costs cause it came on mine when I bought it:

http://www.mtbr.com/cat/controls/sad...53_140crx.aspx

saddlemeat
    How much do you weigh? Is your saddle centered on the seatpost? Rails bend and break on expensive saddles too... just replaced my 2 yr old WTB Ti rail Pure V Team because a rail broke. I really like the comfort of the Pure V and will continue to replace it if that's what it takes.
    I ride with the best dogs.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I weigh about 180 lbs and it isnt perfectly centered on the seatpost, its more towards the front of the seat but its well within the markings on the rails so I can't see that being the problem.

Members who have read this thread: 0