mtbr member
    Jan 2004

New question here. DR's Bike Punk Enduro

Did anyone here attend this yr??? I didn't go this yr and know a few regulars here were not really planning on going. I've kinda waited the last few days to see if someone says something and haven't seen anything. Sooooooo.....Did anyone go? Got pics? Get drunk enough? Cold, wet?

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    I attended...and again a kick ass time. the single speed contingent definitely showed this year....

It was a little chilly, but the trails were fantastic. Last year we dealt with a lot of mud but this year they was little to none to be found.

I myself fell in a puddle trying to be a hero and went up to my thighs...too bad it was only 1/2 way through the race so I got to freeze the rest of the day.

A fantastic day

here are some pictures for you: Punk Bike Pictures

Jon

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Thanks Jon,

Looks like a great time again this yr. I seem to be making it every other yr so by that logic I should be there next time.

Did that guy w/ the "chopper" really ride that one the trails???? Cool bike

Ricky, I didn't think you were going this yr.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    yea his name is Lee Klevens, he did it all on the chopper....the downhills everything! he's sick. He bit it on one of the singletrack trails. Didn't get to see it, but heard it was a crazy crash.

Want to vent?
    Nice pics...thnx for the link

I should have no trouble going out in the low 50s today and riding in the sunshine after seeing that.....
    "I'm supa-fly TNT, I'm tha guns of the navarone!"

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    I am going out tonight as well...however it's going to be a tad colder than that here.

there will be some more pictures up either tomorrow or Friday, getting a CD of them tonight at the ride.

Mmmm Rocks Good
    Feb 2005

Event of the year!

Quote Originally Posted by crashedandburned
    Did anyone here attend this yr??? I didn't go this yr and know a few regulars here were not really planning on going. I've kinda waited the last few days to see if someone says something and haven't seen anything. Sooooooo.....Did anyone go? Got pics? Get drunk enough? Cold, wet?
    The Enduro is the must attend event of the year! A great time was had by all who attended. Conditions were primo w/minimal mud unless you were wallowing in it like a warthog like pghmtnbkr did! Lots of beer and a touch of brandy from a flask kept the chill at bay. SS'rs were in abundance, there was even a Surly Pugsly w/3.7" wide tires there, and of course Lee on his chopper rounded out the sickness of the event! I think Mo counted 115 riders at the start of the day. See everyone next year!