Te mortuo heres tibi sim?

Drop to flat, freeride bunny, and hard rubber.

The usual "winter close to me and everything else is either farther than I want to drive, or snowed in" ride today.

Sparse snow in spots, but enough on some of the rocky stuff to be fun in a different way than normal. Back half was pretty much all snow, ~ 2 inches. Always a challenge to hit it this way; stuff that gets cleaned regularly in the dry becomes much more interesting. A great way to work on my balance and body English on the bike!

1. standard trail/view shot
    2. wabbit twax all over today. this one skipped over to another rock about 2' away.
    freeride rabbit!
    3-5. timershot playtime
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Rabbit tracks all over the front half, and the back half was crawling with deer. Ran into several small groups; most seemed far less frightened than during warmer times of the year. Guess they get a bit used to the place being quieter for them during winter.

I'll have to try this shot from a different angle/distance next time, to be able to get more of the siquence.

heading up to brainard lakes/sourdough area tomorrow morning if any other front rangers are interested. i'll be on my xc skis, and i'm by no means fast on them. mediocrity as a skier is something i strive for.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Now broadcasting from CO

Good job! Nice...

I almost had a ride like that yesterday here in the East. The trails were completely covered in 2-3 inches of snow, so some of the great technical features were buried, but who can complain? I was having a good time till the rear shock on my Stumpjumper Demo bike got stuck down, so I turned back and pedaled the bike back uphill, standing with the shock locked out, through about 2.5 miles of constant rocks... that was hard.

Well, hope to get back out soon, Peace...
    Brought to you by rocks.

beer thief
    Good stuff - that bench sequence is well done!

Quote Originally Posted by radair
    Good stuff - that bench sequence is well done!
    i cheated. it's actually taken from two multiple timer shot sequences. i just took the three that looked the best. the next one after the landing had me mostly rolling out of frame, so left it off. then a few empty frames, and a few of me rolling up/straightening up to get on the thing.

the snow was odd. i totally nailed some of the spots that i thought the snow would give me trouble on. and ate it a couple times on some super mellow but thickly snowed spots. meh. cest la vie!

mtbr member
    Nice pics scrub!

With the upcoming forecast, i'd imagine Hall will be sloppy for a few days?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimc
    Nice pics scrub!

With the upcoming forecast, i'd imagine Hall will be sloppy for a few days?

yeah, i think it'll be sloppy unless you hit it early or late. i was there from 1130-130 and it was fine today, but it'll be warmer the next few.

beer thief
    Hey, you didn't need to admit that! I wondered if it might have been multiple passes, but in any case it came out well. Gotta love digicams - imagine the film you'd burn through with an SLR.

mtbr member

Nice pictures

Thanks for the visible update on Hall, I am hoping to hit that this weekend. Heil Ranch was fun in the snow last Saturday, but it is Heil after all, not near as fun. At least most of the lumpy babyheads were softened by some snow.

I love this time of year, hit the trail real early, and run into NO ONE.

contains quinine

Precious Daylight!

I've been trapped at night all week!

Nice stuff.
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by scrublover
    i cheated. it's actually taken from two multiple timer shot sequences. i just took the three that looked the best....
    Who cares, it still looks cool. Nice work!