Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Apr 2014

don't you hate that one guy..

that is just standing right on the trail? like cmon dude i gotta go through!
    just happened to me today, i had good speed ,i make a sharp turn and i brake so hard i nearly fell of my bike because some dudes right there in the middle of the trail

mtbr member
    Maybe he just broke down/crashed? If that's not the case, yes, poor trail manors...
    2014 TREK FUEL EX8 29er
    2015 TREK FARLEY 6

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    No different then driving your car...some people are selfish.. Now saying that if he didn't crash, break down......ect then all I have to say is, YOU CAN't fix stupid!!!!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by BigVaz View Post
    Maybe he just broke down/crashed? If that's not the case, yes, poor trail manors...
    no he was actually texting

Rogue Exterminator
    Came up a couple guys while on a climb on my single speed. They were standing on the single track with bikes side by side looking at me muscle through some wet, rooty and slightly technical climb. I finally called out "coming between you" and they got the hint.

The trails are fool of bone heads.
    Just stick it in granny and start grinding.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Don't you hate that one guy....

...who needs to find something to be outraged over?

Personally, I find it pretty difficult to be irritated at most anything while I'm out riding my bike. Maybe it's because I realize how lucky I am to be able to do it, and how many people out there don't have the means, motive or opportunity to do the same.

Outrage over interference with a leisure activity is purely a First World problem, plain and simple. Since this is the passion thread, I thought I'd add that little bit of perspective. Apologies if if causes outrage.

Rogue Exterminator
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonshine Willie View Post

Well glad you can be outraged over somebodies outrage.
    Just stick it in granny and start grinding.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014

Personally, I find it pretty difficult to be irritated at most anything while I'm out riding my bike. Maybe it's because I realize how lucky I am to be able to do it, and how many people out there don't have the means, motive or opportunity to do the same.

Outrage over interference with a leisure activity is purely a First World problem, plain and simple. Since this is the passion thread, I thought I'd add that little bit of perspective. Apologies if if causes outrage.
    u mad bro?

Unpredictable
    What was the name of the organization in Get Smart - the anti-hate organization? Their motto - "We hate hate; hate it!"

Dirt Junkie

What this guy says. I think some folks should chill out. Why get so mad because someone made you slow down? THE HORRORS!!!!!

Everyone spaces out sometimes. It was his turn. Someday it will be yours. Life will continue I'm sure.
    How can anyone who's been riding as long as I have, be so slow???

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock View Post
    What this guy says. I think some folks should chill out. Why get so mad because someone made you slow down? THE HORRORS!!!!!

Everyone spaces out sometimes. It was his turn. Someday it will be yours. Life will continue I'm sure.
    Well said. What I hate is the one guy shts on the floor in the single toilet bathroom. A guy in the middle of the trail is no big deal, unless he is taking a dump....
    On MTBR, the reputation is infamous.

mtbr member
    It's a blessing to be tolerant. There are certainly lots of clueless people in this world that require tolerating. Lord knows Iv'e been one of them on more than one occasion.
    Use it, use it, use it while you still have it.

mtbr member
    This never happens to me, I just bunny hop them, once I bunny hopped a kid and a dog!

Sounds like you need to work on your tech skills, if you rode a 26" bike you would learn to ride properly.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Here in Korea , the reason they suck at driving cars is because they have only been doing it for 30-40 years, well after being out on the trails, I would say they have only been walking for the same amount of time.

I treat all mid trail users like slalom posts. Carve your corner around them as hard as you can, and its ok to clip them with your shoulder just a bit.
    "Bigring, that's deep. ...Well, I suspect it is. I didn't read it."

mtbr member
    I'd Enduro© right over that dude.

Seriously though, you almost fell off your bike trying to stop for an unmoving person in the trail??? What if it had been a rider coming the other way on the trail? This would have given you even less distance to stop.
    Race Reports, PreRide Reports, and General Rambling:

www.roostersbikersedge.com
    http://www.ENVEcomposites.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Unless it turns out to be a woman who falls deeply in love with me and she has enough money for us both to stop working and travel the world riding MTB then it's OK.

My Rusty Knee
    In my first xc race (for fun) I managed to get cramp in both front and back of my thighs in both legs at the same time! I was standing there in the middle of the track hoping no one came while I couldn't move in agony....luckily I managed to get out the way before any one came .
    What exactly is a rigid hard tail?

Trailhead Poseur
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespasianus View Post
    A guy in the middle of the trail is no big deal, unless he is taking a dump....
    Three weeks ago I came upon a guy standing in the middle of the trail, facing away from me, and taking a leak right on the trail. Come on, take a couple of steps to one side and aim for the bushes, people have to ride through that now!
    Speed solves all problems, except for those things it makes worse.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013

Re: don't you hate that one guy..

Once I got cactus needles stuck in a god awful part of my foot. Pedaling and standing even stung. I kind of pulled off the side of the trail but it was very narrow and brushy and cactusy on both sides off of it. I'm getting my shoe off and not a moment after I had stopped some assclown pulls up and is like " great place to stop huh?". I was livid! I started to cry right there in front of him. It was all very stressful.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Apr 2013

Re: don't you hate that one guy..

Quote Originally Posted by jjaguar View Post
    Three weeks ago I came upon a guy standing in the middle of the trail, facing away from me, and taking a leak right on the trail. Come on, take a couple of steps to one side and aim for the bushes, people have to ride through that now!
    What a jackwagon!!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Look at those moments as educational opportunities. It is definitely irritating to find a deuce on the trail (dog/horse/human). People, clean up after your animal or yourself...if you gotta go, take a little hike into the woods and bury it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    On singletrack trails at my local spot I try to be courteous and do a little whistle to let them know I'm coming, say thanks and move on. Helps portray a positive image and all. Mostly the folks that think they are the only ones on the planet don't go much more than a mile from the parking areas, so I just try to avoid those spots.

I frequently string together road rides using our local rail trail as a connector and on the weekends that's a whole different ball game. I picture myself in a walking dead scenario and imagine I'm dodging zombies.

Unpredictable
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespasianus View Post
    Well said. What I hate is the one guy shts on the floor in the single toilet bathroom. A guy in the middle of the trail is no big deal, unless he is taking a dump....
    A mate of mine was at the department Christmas party when a dude rushed out of the dunny yelling for everyone to "check this out!". He and others witnessed artistic circular patterns of excrement covering all walls of the cube, floor to ceiling. Someone proclaimed, "Holy $hit, this guy's got an acrobatic arsehole!" Turns out is was someone disgruntled with a colostomy bag. Oddly, everyone has good memories of it.

So Vespa, enhance your calm and nicely ask kjlued for his blade.....

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Had someone blocking the middle of a downhill trail on my ride yesterday as I was quickly approaching a corner. I rang my incredibell but no reaction. It was a young lady hiker who decided it was getting too warm and decided to stop and put her long hair up in a pony tail. She re-adjusted it several times until it was just right. When she finally noticed that she was in my way, she was startled but apologized. I didn't mind watching... I mean waiting for her to allow me to pass. Cause I'm a nice guy like that.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast