Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Professional Crastinator
    It's not just one guy. It's a conspiracy led by the same group of people who will roll through a stop sign like they're in a hurry, then drive in front of you at less than the posted speed limit.

We've passed, and passed through, all kinds of bird watchers, hikers with dogs on 20ft. leashes, motorcycle trail riders, even other MTBers traveling in the same direction. They're everywhere. It's just another aspect of riding.

-F
    It's never easier - you just go faster.

Co Springs
    Quote Originally Posted by crutton View Post
    that is just standing right on the trail? like cmon dude i gotta go through!
    just happened to me today, i had good speed ,i make a sharp turn and i brake so hard i nearly fell of my bike because some dudes right there in the middle of the trail

I wonder about those..... might be so new to biking they have no sense of well-being. Were it me, I'd think about a rider ripping through trails and potentially hitting me. There was a fatal bike/pedestrian crash I read of in MI a few years ago.

I might even caution them by giving that example since it sounds more like I care about them getting hurt than them being an arrogant d-weed (which might be exactly what they are).
    After that word of caution, it's probably smart to remind them that even if they don't get hurt in a mishap, the other rider could be hurt trying to avoid them ....
    unless

that rider is smart enough to know they could use him to cushion their crash !! lol

No one calls me Maurice.
    no he was actually texting
    Well there you go. Obviously you've never tried to text from the edge of the trail, it's really hard. Conversely, riding off the trail is really what mountain biking is all about. I'm not trying to take sides here, but I did see his post "Don't you hate guys who insist on riding on the trail when you're texting." and he makes a lot of really valid points. I think we can all learn something about earning the trust and respect of our fellow bikers here.

(Can hardly keep a straight face typing this.)
    The most expensive bike in the world is still cheaper than the cheapest open heart surgery.

DFMBA.org
    The 'one guy' for me is the a-hole who refuses to budge even a little and let me pass, even after multiple "pardon me"s. To refuse to yield (even a little) b/c you don't like mountain bikers is all the excuse I need to buzz your arse.

Sent from my mountain bike while crashing
    Please donate to IMBA or your local IMBA chapter. It's trail karma.

No one calls me Maurice.
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBeing View Post
    The 'one guy' for me is the a-hole who refuses to budge even a little and let me pass, even after multiple "pardon me"s. To refuse to yield (even a little) b/c you don't like mountain bikers is all the excuse I need to buzz your arse.

Sent from my mountain bike while crashing
    Hope you crashed on the edge of the trail while crashing. I hate it when guys text and crash in the middle of the trail.
    The most expensive bike in the world is still cheaper than the cheapest open heart surgery.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Re: don't you hate that one guy..

I have no problem using stupid people who put me in danger as cushions. I do it biking, snowboarding, and I've attempted to while driving but they get all scared and move over.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Trail Ninja
    He probably is also the "one" guy that is just irresponsible in every way, that gets other mtn bikers kicked out from trails, parking spots, hang outs, etc.

Example:

- parks, and invites his filthy buddies to park, at relatively unused corner of retail area that tolerates parking there, only to leave filth, from leaving it littered (forgotten water bottles, wrappers, bits of vegetation), with dirt, mud, oil, latex/sealant, and whatever else shedding off of bike and rider, to acting defensive and hostile (like an a-hole) when confronted by those pointing it out. Takes for granted the people that go and clean that up.

Some people have not yet learned how to be civilized...
    Last edited by Varaxis; 05-18-2014 at 12:47 AM.

Don't Tread on Me
    I hate guys who agree with some other guys about different things, wait....I meant to say I like guys who disagree with other guys about stuff. I think. Mainly I don't want to be considered a hater. I hate those guys....
    Consciousness, that annoying time between bike rides.

mtbr member
    That one person that ... lets their dog **** on the trail or path and doesn't bother to be intelligent enough to pick it up, you either ride through it or step on it and take it home with you.

Resident Gear Head
    I rolled up on a hiker yesterday who had her music so loud she couldn't hear me yelling "excuse me" as loud as I could and I was 3 feet behind her. Had to get off my bike and tap her on the shoulder which scared the crap outta her. I still said excuse me and she stepped aside. Im alright with sharing the trail but jeez keep your music at a reasonably low volume

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by provin1327; 05-19-2014 at 10:58 AM.
    2 Hands Working Do More Than 1000 Hands Praying

No one calls me Maurice.
    Quote Originally Posted by provin1327 View Post
    I rolled up on a hiker yesterday who had her music so loud she couldn't hear me yelling "excuse me" as loud as I could and I was 3 feet behind her. Had to get off my bike and tap her on the shoulder which scared the crap outta her. I still said excuse me and she stepped aside. Im alright with sharing the trail buy jeez keep your music at a reasonably low volume

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    Urban version of the same story. Rolled up on two guys wearing their shorts halfway down and I yelled a couple times then I just rode around them. Apparently caught off guard, one guy was yelling that I needed a horn and the other was saying I better show more respect next time I pass. Really? Can you maintain 20 miles/hour and chase me down with your baggies on? Just proves that the original concept for Mad Max came from cyclists on trails.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I don't see what all the fuss is about. If I come up on someone on the trail, I usually stop and chat for a bit. Maybe pull out a couple beers, and roll on 20 minutes later having made a new friend that day. Works great with everyone, dog walkers, trail runners, horse back riders, other mountain bikers. The only resistance you'll get is from Lycra wearing strava guys. Those guys, I just wish them a good day as their backs disappear into the distance.

mtbr member
    We don't take kindly to folks who don't take kindly!
    Name:  2wegv83.png
Views: 16111
Size:  264.0 KB

Co Springs
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyWilliams View Post
    I don't see what all the fuss is about. If I come up on someone on the trail, I usually stop and chat for a bit. Maybe pull out a couple beers, and roll on 20 minutes later having made a new friend that day. Works great with everyone, dog walkers, trail runners, horse back riders, other mountain bikers. The only resistance you'll get is from Lycra wearing strava guys. Those guys, I just wish them a good day as their backs disappear into the distance.
    That's funny.
    I think some of the fuss is about those that are more out for the ride or workout and feel it's aloof if not ignorant to walk three people wide and blatantly create road blocks.
    On the other hand, if on a trail being shared and appropriately used by hikers or joggers, and dog walkers or ?? , I understand that bikes using it as a high speed training circuit may invite some of their own troubles as well as fuel the fire that many have about bicyclists in general. Some of these issues are shared with a similar angst on motorcycle forums as well.

I wouldn't go halfway on the short chat and offering a beer though. I'd rent a couch so we could relax in comfort. One that's wide enough to shut down the trail completely.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

don't you hate that one guy..

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyWilliams View Post
    Whereabouts do you ride kind sir? Ive been seeking a beer mule for some time and you seem to fit the bill!

Of the Nameless Rabble
    Feb 2011
    I'm laughing my ass off while I read through this thread because all I can think of is how badly people seem to be missing the point here. Remember this old thing?

Name:  Trail-Courtesy-Yield-To-Sign-K-8263.gif
Views: 907
Size:  30.1 KB

I like this place

mtbr member
    Do I move up the courtesy food chain if I'm riding this?
    don't you hate that one guy..-ph-lg-tan-blkmane.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by shining_trapezoid View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ph-lg-tan-blkmane.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	73.7 KB 
ID:	895474
    Yeah, as long as poop doesn't come out of the back!!!

Co Springs
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutter Jim View Post
    I'm laughing my ass off while I read through this thread because all I can think of is how badly people seem to be missing the point here. Remember this old thing?

Is it the point they are missing or the sign ??

If it works as good as the Don't leave doggy doo signs, they ought to save their money.

No one calls me Maurice.

SJ, I don't think the original thread has to do with yielding as much as it does with access. I gladly yield to horses and hikers (with or without the Rucksack and Hiking pole) but that's a two way exchange. They have to (when conditions allow) create a path for other trail users to go around. I'll yield to an individual or group walking single file down single track, I do object when they walk 3-4 abreast and force me to leave the trail. Same with other cyclists, if I can't pass because the trail is too narrow I'll gladly wait, just don't lay your bike sideways across a 3' trail so you can change a tube unless you want your bike bunny-hopped (which the Fargo does really well by the way). You point is taken though and we do have an obligation to represent.

Of the Nameless Rabble
    Feb 2011
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ph-lg-tan-blkmane.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	73.7 KB 
ID:	895474
    Anyone riding that thing definitely has the right of way over anyone!

I like this place

mtbr member
    Sep 2013

I don't know if it's an "old" sign because I've seen them posted on trails here in CO while on recent rides.

Unless I totally misunderstood your post, which is always a possibility. If so, disregard my comment.

mtbr member

Hope

Well, I gotta defend the other guy in this case. I just had a pretty bad crash and had to make stops here and there to get the blood out of my mouth. I stopped and suddenly this douche was yelling from behind me and almost ran into me. Sorry, but if you ride on public trails, there will be other people. If that bothers you, then you have to buy a couple of acres and make your own trails. People may have to stop for various reasons. In my case, my least problem was if other bikers might have to slow down and go around me. I was busy getting leaves and wood out of my wound.

Later, I heard the guy in the parking lot joking about how he almost ran over a child and how he lost his "awesome speed" because of the kid. Although 90% of people on this trail use it for biking, it is a public trail and others are allowed on it as well. Again, if this bothers you that much, you gotta ride on your own property.

P.s.: If I would not have had this crash that forced me to experience the perspective of the person who is actually stopping on the trail, then I would probably be on your side. Lol

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Foxhound,

I totally agree with your perspective even if it is a new one! I was out riding over the weekend with my fiance, my buddy, and his gf. We were on a shorter ride but it was really hot and we take lots of breaks when we are out with the girls. The girls are very courteous riders - they know they are slow uphill and downhill and do not hesitate to move out of the way. Towards the end of the ride we are on a flat fire road heading back to the parking lot. We are pulling over to the right into some shade for a quick breather and a guy comes from behind us and hit me on my right side as he skids past. First of all, how do you hit someone on a quadruple wide track? Secondly how do you hit someone from behind? Lastly, why was he trying to pass me on the right? The incident could have been avoided if he was riding under control and announced his presence. I love meeting other people out on the trail and I fully understand that trials are multi-use where I ride but I don't understand why people ride like this. The most frustrating part is that he never said anything. Even after he skidded into me he just looked at me and then rode off. Not sure if he was embarrassed, nervous, or pissed but he never said sorry or anything. Thanks for reading my rant, I am just frustrated by how things went down

All fat, all the time.
    that is just standing right on the trail? like cmon dude i gotta go through!
    just happened to me today, i had good speed ,i make a sharp turn and i brake so hard i nearly fell of my bike because some dudes right there in the middle of the trail

Was this during a race? Public or private trails?

Sounds like you need to ride at a speed where you are not a hazard to other people. People do all sorts of goofy stuff on the trails.

Don't be a hater.

Last edited by Shark; 06-09-2014 at 12:22 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    Was this during a race? Public or private trails?

Sounds like you need to ride at a speed where you are not a hazard to other people. People do all sorts of goofy stuff on the trails.

Don't be a hater.

This was a Sunday afternoon, public trails, open fire road. We were headed towards a shade tree. I don't understand how you hit someone riding in the same direction as you on an open fire road. I think that is just careless and rude. We were pulling over to wait for the girls, how could I have ridden any differently?
    Last edited by idoc; 06-09-2014 at 11:59 AM.

unrooted
    I always thought that, while not as fun as it could be, mountain bikers should attempt to only ride at a speed that allows them to brake within the distance they can see. Keeps you and other trail users from getting jacked. I'm guessing that the OP on page one hadn't seen anyone else on the trail if they were hauling ace when they came around the corner, so just as stupid as it is to ride to fast into a blind corner, it is silly to stand in the middle of the trail, but the guy standing in the middle of the trail probably hadn't seen anyone around so thought it was fine to stop there.
    195 lbs-6'4" Banshee Prime XL
    Ride Mammoth, Tahoe & Vegas

PLEASE GIVE ME NEGATIVE REP!

All fat, all the time.
    Sorry, I was posting about the original post. I didn't get to the end.

Let me make my post more clear!

Quote Originally Posted by idoc View Post
    This was a Sunday afternoon, public trails, open fire road. We were headed towards a shade tree. I don't understand how you hit someone riding in the same direction as you on an open fire road. I think that is just careless and rude. We were pulling over to wait for the girls, how could I have ridden any differently?

Rock n' Roller
    Is that one guy annoying? Yes. But you can't control others - just yourself. And to that end, you are responsible for your actions.

Stopping in the middle of a trail can be bad; not being able to stop is even worse - regardless of the reason. You don't know why someone is stopped there, and let's face it, it doesn't really matter. Running into someone sucks - for all parties involved.

I love speed; I love racing; I love raging, but I know when to turn it off. A race it time to turn it on; a popular trail on a weekend is time to turn it off.

Case and point (I'm going to vent - 2 years later and this still gets to me). I was riding at 18 road in Fruita, PBR, with a group of friends. If you've ridden there, you know this is an amazing trail but it sees a lot of traffic from a lot of different abilities so you have to still be able to stop and ride in control. It also sees a ridiculous amount of traffic.

A friend was riding in front of me; she clipped something at full speed - not exactly sure what happened - but she went up, over, and down hard, skidding a little ways down the trail. She was bleeding, her bike was a mess, she wasn't moving and when she started moving, she started screaming. I got off my bike (not caring about ettiquette), ran to her and began to assess the situation. It didn't take long to move her and our bikes off the trail ( a few minutes, tops), but in those few minutes, we were almost hit several times. One gentleman actually came within feet of hitting us - he just couldn't stop, skidded off the trail and around, cursing as he rode away (still trying to get a strava PR no doubt). I was yelling the entire time around the corner "Slow down; rider down." In those few moments, maybe 6-8 people rode past us, each came up suddenly, barely braked in time, and acted offended that someone would dare fall and "mess up" their downhill. Luckily she was okay; she was cut up and banged up but nothing was broken and we slowly rode back down to camp. To this day, it was the most negative experience I've ever had on a bike. Was it annoying that a few peps had to slow down and wait a second while I helped my friend off the trail. Yep. But do you know what the most important thing in that moment was? Hint: it wasn't their downhill rush.

I go as fast as I can stop - for any reason. Period.

mtbr member
    Idoc,

I am a girl, but I usually go very fast. And do stupid things, as my 40 stitches in my mouth are proof of it. However, I totally agree that there is no such thing as the "only-fast-bikers" law. If people have to stop, then darn, they have to stop. If hikers and slower bikers want to use the trail, so be it. The guy who hit you sounds like the idiot who almost ran into me and the little kid. He was a douche through and through. When I fell and was sitting at the side of the trail bleeding like crazy, neither him nor his douche friends stopped. Not that I wanted them to (pride n stuff), but I feel like it is just common sense. I even stop for turtles...

unrooted
    Quote Originally Posted by snowgypsy View Post
    One gentleman actually came within feet of hitting us - he just couldn't stop, skidded off the trail and around, cursing as he rode away (still trying to get a strava PR no doubt). I was yelling the entire time around the corner "Slow down; rider down." In those few moments, maybe 6-8 people rode past us, each came up suddenly, barely braked in time, and acted offended that someone would dare fall and "mess up" their downhill.
    I've been mountain biking long enough that I remember a time when we would get super-stoked to meet another trail rider! Back in the "good ol' days" we always slowed down and asked if they needed help if they were stopped, and we definately stopped and asked if they needed anything if we saw them wrecked, or working on their bike.

For some reason I still do that. . . and I use Strava.

That's why I try to always follow one of my personal biggest rules in life: Stay away from Colorado.

Rock n' Roller
    Quote Originally Posted by unrooted View Post

For some reason I still do that. . . and I use Strava.

That's why I try to always follow one of my personal biggest rules in life: Stay away from Colorado.
    Hey, there are still amazing people and riders out here in Colorado. And many of us do use strava. In Crested Butte, I've yet to have a bad experience. Most times, people have been kind, helpful, compassionate, etc. I think it's a formula: weekend crowds + people from out of town who aren't familiar with the trail systems + people annoyed at people from out of town x3 people with something to prove x2 crowd mentality = bad behavior

I've met most of my best friends on the trail (a big shout out to the lovely rider who helped a member of our group reassemble her chain; you are a rock star and I still owe you many beers); I hope to meet a lot more this summer. I also hope that everyone plays nice, rides hard, and stops when its needed.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by unrooted View Post
    Stay away from Colorado.
    Lol. No d-bags in Cali, eh? Pure genius.

Last edited by jugdish; 06-10-2014 at 06:03 AM. Reason: -1
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

unrooted
    Quote Originally Posted by jugdish View Post
    Lol. No d-bags in Cali, eh? Pure genius.

The only d-bags in Cali are visitors from Rad-o.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Slee_Stack View Post
    Its warm and fuzzy to 'not care', but if you never care, bad behavior becomes more and more acceptable. Is courtesy now out-of-style?

Probably. That doesn't mean I don't try to practice it and appreciate it when I see some thrown my way. It also doesn't mean I don't shake my head at self-absorbed guys like in the OPs post.

It would be nice if people at least tried to pretend that they have some concern for others.

Yet more evidence that cell/smart phones are more evil than good.

Modern credo seems to say Its all about me, meee, MEEEEE!
    empathy is a rapidly fading emotion...

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueFinn510 View Post
    one of the trails I ride has a lot of people walking their dogs, without leashes. I wish instead of yelling at me about how friendly the dog is, they would yell at the dog about how unfriendly I am. not much worse on a hill climb or good descent than a dog just staring at you.
    Animals have the right of way. What if it was a turkey or fawn or a hawk? Get over yourself..

VENI VEDI BIKI
    All depends on context. Was the guy broken down, exhausted, injured? If not, then he is a tool, but you could solve the problem by a polite "hello". Sometimes people space out (myself included),,it happens.
    Veni Vidi Biki

I came, I saw, I biked.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ou2mame View Post
    I was out last week on a trail and came around a bend and see this guy just walking, no bike.. Dead center of the trail. I say excuse me, nothing. Ride behind him a few more seconds, and my friend his gf and my gf catch up.. So now 4 of us are behind him. I flick my shifters, maybe he'll hear that and look? Nope. So I tap him on the shoulder, and he jumps and turns around scared ****less. He had headphones on, so i say thanks and keep going.. I don't know if I was outraged, it was kinda funny really. But he could have been hurt. You probably shouldn't walk through a mtb trail with both ear buds in

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    You gotta be a real douche to listen to music while hiking anyways. Listen to nature FFS!

Rock n' Roller
    Quote Originally Posted by skankingbiker View Post
    All depends on context. Was the guy broken down, exhausted, injured? If not, then he is a tool, but you could solve the problem by a polite "hello". Sometimes people space out (myself included),,it happens.
    True, he might have been a tool, but do you really have time to evaluate this and make a decision prior to stopping? Do his intentions impact your choice? The reality is when you come up on someone, you don't have the time to determine if their situation warrants their position or not, whether or not it's justified.

Whether he's a tool or someone in need of aid, you still stop, wait a second, and then get going again. If you are really annoyed, you can start a forum and grumble about it in virtual reality.

Spacing out happens. We all do things that we know we shouldn't often by accident.

Sharing is caring. Especially when it comes to trail use.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    Oh yeah, and if I slow down for a runner and announce myself but they fail to move because their headphones are in and they can't hear me, I blast through them.

I am overly courteous to everyone until I realize that they are rude and then I am overly rude back.
    It's a win win...

mtbr member
    May 2006
    anyone that posts on MTBR I just crashed my brains out and the doctor says not to ride for 2 weeks what should I do? Theres one every week!

Guess I got my old guy grump on but DAMN!!!!

Old Fart Swamper

Cool-blue Rhythm

Came up on a couple with two beach cruisers leaned up on a tree...

They slipped into the woods from the hi-voltage power line jeep trail...

They had no Idea they were standing on a MTB singletrack...

I was at speed and came banking into that turn, Laughin so dang hard I pissed myself,,

You figure out what they were doing while he was standing there
    dead center of the trail,,,,

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Was riding in a State Park last weekend. Got to the lloonnggg downhill back to the lot. Came around a corner going pretty fast, and 2 park rangers were hiking. I put on the brakes, in complete control, and had plenty of room to stop before I reached them if needed.

My brakes are LOUD. It is so annoying. They are (hope you're sitting) Avid, on a 2013 carbon Stumpy. As soon as the brake howl began the rangers freaked-the-f-out. Waving their arms yelling, "Slow down, slow down". I rolled by them saying "I'm in control, my brakes are just loud".

So - what were we talking about? I love mtn biking.

sluice box
    We are talking about that one guy. Well I was out biking and just happened to be behind a casual mountain biker who bought into the xtream mountain biking culture and started his pre-ride by carb loading bluegreen mountain dew and god only knows what kind of nachos, tacos, and chulupas from taco bell. Lets just say this biker was not that good on the climbs, but as I approached him downwind I was choking for oxygen as he was crop dusting the trail with every pedal stroke. One of the hardest climbs of my life, as I crested the hill the cheese pickup line “I wish I was your bike seat” just got cheeser and could not help but laugh. Don’t be that guy.

mtbr member
    This is only appropriate if you have a Pike fork.

Carrying javelins on a bike is kind of a hassle, but the multifunctionality is worth it.
    Attachment 891799

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by June Bug View Post
    This is only appropriate if you have a Pike fork.
    Murdered out.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NumbaKruncha View Post
    My brakes are LOUD. It is so annoying. They are (hope you're sitting) Avid, on a 2013 carbon Stumpy. As soon as the brake howl began the rangers freaked-the-f-out. Waving their arms yelling, "Slow down, slow down". I rolled by them saying "I'm in control, my brakes are just loud".
    Just tell the Rangers that you found bear bells to be ineffective. Your bear siren is much more useful for informing EVERYONE of your presence. LOL. I love my Avids.

No one calls me Maurice.
    I'll add three to the list:

I hate the three folks who were walking along the trail 3 abreast, chatting with each other and listening to music with earbuds at the same time. No, not because they were spanning the entire 9' wide trail or wouldn't move until I rode right behind them and yelled (for the third time). No, I hate them because they them proceeded to call me an "inconsiderate piece of S$%&." Not to argue, but were I inconsiderate I'd have just bowled one over and been on my way. There's always next time.

The next "guys I hate" are the rider/smokers that were clustered along the trailside creading a big cloud of smoke for me to ride through. If there's a big clearing, go a few feet off the trail.

Finally, the paving crew last night that was tearing up a road that intersects my trail home. I'm all for fixing the streets, but you can't create a mile long no crossing zone and act all surprised when a dude on a Fargo jumps your "barrier tape" on their ride home. I did appreciate the detailed explaination of why the road was closed and how the tape was there for my protection they yelled as I rode off. I'm so looking forward to doing the same thing on my Paragon this afternoon (they might not yell if they think I'm the same guy).

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Forster View Post
    I'll add three to the list:

I hate the three folks who were walking along the trail 3 abreast, chatting with each other and listening to music with earbuds at the same time. No, not because they were spanning the entire 9' wide trail or wouldn't move until I rode right behind them and yelled (for the third time). No, I hate them because they them proceeded to call me an "inconsiderate piece of S$%&." Not to argue, but were I inconsiderate I'd have just bowled one over and been on my way. There's always next time.

The next "guys I hate" are the rider/smokers that were clustered along the trailside creading a big cloud of smoke for me to ride through. If there's a big clearing, go a few feet off the trail.

Finally, the paving crew last night that was tearing up a road that intersects my trail home. I'm all for fixing the streets, but you can't create a mile long no crossing zone and act all surprised when a dude on a Fargo jumps your "barrier tape" on their ride home. I did appreciate the detailed explaination of why the road was closed and how the tape was there for my protection they yelled as I rode off. I'm so looking forward to doing the same thing on my Paragon this afternoon (they might not yell if they think I'm the same guy).
    Smoking riders? I thought they were all dead by now..

Co Springs
    Quote Originally Posted by idoc View Post
    This was a Sunday afternoon, public trails, open fire road. We were headed towards a shade tree. I don't understand how you hit someone riding in the same direction as you on an open fire road.
    Target fixation .... Maybe a newb looking at what he wanted to avoid hitting.
    In the Middle Ages, the biggest mistake was not putting on your armor because you were 'just going down to the corner.'

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast