Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jjaguar View Post
    Three weeks ago I came upon a guy standing in the middle of the trail, facing away from me, and taking a leak right on the trail. Come on, take a couple of steps to one side and aim for the bushes, people have to ride through that now!
    Actually, one place we ride tends to have homeless people living in it. Never forgot one morning coming across a guy shtting next to the trail. He was pissed as hell (that we disturbed him!) and started chasing us - pants down. The last guy in our group was convinced he was throwing his sht at us.
    On MTBR, the reputation is infamous.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by crutton View Post
    no he was actually texting
    I don't normally condone this type of conscious action, but you shoulda hit the guy. Who does that? Gotta stop and text my girl and be like I'm out riding, it's sooo cool! wtf
    No fuss with the MUSS

Rogue Exterminator
    Quote Originally Posted by Flucod View Post
    This never happens to me, I just bunny hop them, once I bunny hopped a kid and a dog!

Sounds like you need to work on your tech skills, if you rode a 26" bike you would learn to ride properly.
    With a 29er you can just roll over them.
    Just stick it in granny and start grinding.

Rogue Exterminator
    Well that changes the whole game. I mean seriously, you don't expect him to ride and text?
    Just stick it in granny and start grinding.

mtbr member
    Its warm and fuzzy to 'not care', but if you never care, bad behavior becomes more and more acceptable. Is courtesy now out-of-style?

Probably. That doesn't mean I don't try to practice it and appreciate it when I see some thrown my way. It also doesn't mean I don't shake my head at self-absorbed guys like in the OPs post.

It would be nice if people at least tried to pretend that they have some concern for others.

Yet more evidence that cell/smart phones are more evil than good.

Modern credo seems to say Its all about me, meee, MEEEEE!

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    one of the trails I ride has a lot of people walking their dogs, without leashes. I wish instead of yelling at me about how friendly the dog is, they would yell at the dog about how unfriendly I am. not much worse on a hill climb or good descent than a dog just staring at you.

mtbr member
    Almost hit a trail runner last ride. It was my fault for going fast on a downhill towards a corner with enough speed to just be barely able to avoid her when she emerged from the bushes blocking the view of the turn as I skidded off the trail in the dry conditions as she stared at her feet listening to music running directly at me deaf to the ringing of my bell.

Luckily no trees or cactus right there so going off the wide trail wasn't really an issue. Plus I was almost stopped at that point.

My fault entirely.
    2014 Devinci Troy Carbon XP

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    headphones+single track = bad idea.

mtbr member
    I once had the audacity to stand on the trail for a minute while out hiking, shame on me! I would have deserved it had I been killed, or at least publicly flogged.

I suck.

mtbr member
    Unless its a Mountain biking specific trail you shouldnt even go into a ride with a mindset like that. Multi-use means families hiking or people walking dogs. Mountain biking is adrenaline pumping, I get it, but hiking is for people to unwind.

Would you be so upset about a hiker not diving off the trail as you come ripping around a corner? I hope not.

Do you seriously never stop on the trail without dragging your bike off the trail?
    count your blessings

ILIKEBIKES
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Slee_Stack View Post
    ... Is courtesy now out-of-style?

Probably... Modern credo seems to say Its all about me, meee, MEEEEE!
    You mean it's no longer about "Marcia, Marcia, Marcia?" Yeah, I'm that old...

Afric Pepperbird
    To the Manor Born...

sorry, couldn't resist.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by wizzer16 View Post
    Unless its a Mountain biking specific trail you shouldnt even go into a ride with a mindset like that. Multi-use means families hiking or people walking dogs. Mountain biking is adrenaline pumping, I get it, but hiking is for people to unwind.

Would you be so upset about a hiker not diving off the trail as you come ripping around a corner? I hope not.

Do you seriously never stop on the trail without dragging your bike off the trail?
    he was a biker dude and he was on his bike but standing with his legs over the bike right on the middle of the trail.
    and the trail i was on is bike only

mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Re: don't you hate that one guy..

I was out last week on a trail and came around a bend and see this guy just walking, no bike.. Dead center of the trail. I say excuse me, nothing. Ride behind him a few more seconds, and my friend his gf and my gf catch up.. So now 4 of us are behind him. I flick my shifters, maybe he'll hear that and look? Nope. So I tap him on the shoulder, and he jumps and turns around scared shitless. He had headphones on, so i say thanks and keep going.. I don't know if I was outraged, it was kinda funny really. But he could have been hurt. You probably shouldn't walk through a mtb trail with both ear buds in

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by ou2mame; 05-07-2014 at 10:51 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    With a 29er you can just roll over them.
    Hahaha......ha.

mtbr member
    Nah bro, I'm calling big BS on this one. Your so full of ****, your eyes are brown. If he was in the middle of the trail texting, you have have added that little texting detail in the OP. But, someone comes up with a good excuse for why he might have been in the middle of the trail and all of a sudden the dude was texting. **** dude, how stupid do you think we are?
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

pin it
    I've lost count of the number of times I've encountered oblivious hikers/walkers, (lost) shakey riders on beater bikes, parents and kids stopping, riders merging without yielding etc etc .... all on clearly marked dh trails at my favorite bike park.

Did they ruin my day... no. I don't see it that way at all. Those folks were ignorant and didn't see that their actions were dangerous to themselves or others. It's in my nature to warn them. In every situation, I acted accordingly (telling them to get off the trail because...) and never saw those folks again. And I continue to rip down the trails
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

mtbr member
    This is why you gotta ride with lead knuckle gloves and sawblades attached to the back of your forearms. Or maybe a samurai sword. Somebody in your way? Cut 'em in half! Then you could put their head on a stake above a sign that says "no stopping on the trail!" Maybe writing a sign is going too far.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    The dude had clothes on right? So it couldn't have been that bad.

Naked dude in the middle of the trail, that's a different thing altogether.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    I hate those guys blazing down the trails with their mind off in space. I was detered a lot when I first started riding by those people flying up on me raging down the trail. I get it, your skills are higher, but for the lower people who take their time it's pretty frustrating. They should have rage only trails instead of novice-advanced rating.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by shining_trapezoid View Post
    This is why you gotta ride with lead knuckle gloves and sawblades attached to the back of your forearms. Or maybe a samurai sword. Somebody in your way? Cut 'em in half! Then you could put their head on a stake above a sign that says "no stopping on the trail!" Maybe writing a sign is going too far.
    i use javelins. they double as great slalom gates with heads on 'em.
    i'm on my Last Herb
    RestInPeace Hook

mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Quote Originally Posted by soflotrailer View Post
    I hate those guys blazing down the trails with their mind off in space. I was detered a lot when I first started riding by those people flying up on me raging down the trail. I get it, your skills are higher, but for the lower people who take their time it's pretty frustrating. They should have rage only trails instead of novice-advanced rating.
    They don't know you why do they have to change their pace because of yours? There's more than enough trail for everyone. They pass, you keep going

mtbr member
    Apr 2010

So, you should stand at the landing zone of a jump? That's where your stand? No. You stand on the edges of the trail. He didn't take them out, they took him out.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 53119 View Post
    i use javelins. they double as great slalom gates with heads on 'em.
    Carrying javelins on a bike is kind of a hassle, but the multifunctionality is worth it.
    Name:  tumblr_m5m4sxaYqZ1qzozj1.jpg
Views: 981
Size:  24.0 KB

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast