Page 74 of 88 FirstFirst ... 24 64 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 84 ... LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 2191
    Except when I'm driving
    Mar 2012
    Looks like another winter without much snow. Glad I opted out of buying a pass this year and I'm riding my bike with the hound instead of my board without my buddy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dogs with Passion-20121208_122932.jpg  

Dogs with Passion-20130120_115456.jpg  

I'm bored and at work or else I would be riding

NMBP
    Quote Originally Posted by rjedoaks View Post
    This thread is great
    After the ride
    Sleeping dogs compilation. [VIDEO]
    Nice.
    Riding Fat and still just as fast as I never was.

NMBP
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikemaya View Post
    I got a rescue dog for Christmas. As far as I can tell, he is half Cairn Terrier, half Chihuahua. He is around 12-13 lbs. I have been told that such a small dog won't be able to keep up with me. But I am slow, and he LOVES to be near his mama. Once I get the basics down with him, I really want to see if I can train him for trails...
    Let the little guy set the pace and see what he can do. I've seen people bike many miles with Jack Russell's

Also with a dog that small, you could figure out a way to carry him if he get's too tired, like Dorothy and Toto.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Hereīs my first try at video editing. Itīs got nightriding in snow with my doggy:

Steel iron city nights - YouTube

mtbr member
    border collie sophie is 3, i've had her for 2 years.

hike & bike:

hare-ing around the corners

lift-assist - checking out the trail down:

drinking mid-ride:

cooling down post-ride:

she comes ski touring too - just out today in fact.

mtbr member
    Whoring this picture out. Haven't been riding since I broke my clavicle 2 months ago and decided today seemed like a great day to start again. I'm glad I brought my boy with me. He enjoyed it just as much as I did.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dogs with Passion-image.jpg  

The torture ends now.

mtbr member
    Hoban and me hitting the freeride park.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I just got into mounting biking recently and stumbled across this thread and realized that maybe my best pal 'Kyah' could enjoy this new sport with me. Well, today was the first trial run of letting her go with me. Overall she did great. Still plenty to learn but she did well and had a great time. Sorry for the crappy cell phone picture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dogs with Passion-kyahs-first-trail-ride.jpg  

mtbr member
    I thought I'd post up my trail companions, as we lost one of them this week

Molly didn't like running trails, but she did like holding down the campsite!

This is what she normally did:

She's been battling Canine Lymphoma for the past 6 months. Thursday morning, we had to make the final trip to the vet. The steroids we were giving her had stopped working, and she was starting to suffer the effects. It was the hardest thing I've ever to do; putting my best friend to sleep. It was better than her having to struggle for every breath, though.

This is our other dog, Mason, who loves running trails.

this is him after a ride, and a swim in the river...worn out.

We got both of them at the same time, so he's moping around the house right now. I'm hoping he'll get back to normal before too long. I'm planning on taking him out for a ride this afternoon...maybe that'll help.

NMBP

Dogs with Passion

Quote Originally Posted by Le Pirate View Post
    Sorry for your lose. Putting a pet down is one of the hardest things to do, even if you know it's for the best. Get the other dog a new companion.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    @ Le Pirate; My deepest condolences at your loss. +1^

mtbr member
    Sorry to hear that Le Pirate, We lost our Golden Lab the same way. Toughest thing I ever had to do. Hopefully Mason will be back close to normal soon, and can help ease the pain.
    2011 Trek Rumblefish 1

mtbr member
    Thanks everyone.

It took everything I had not to start full blown crying in the vet. Definitely had a few tears rolling down the face though. I was talking to the vet afterwards about how we consider them "the kids." My wife and I don't have any children, so the dogs have been treated as such. And I'm pretty sure I actually like dogs (even other people's dogs) better than I like a lot of people out there! hahaha

Didn't have time to go for a ride today (trying to catch up on work), but we did take him out to the lake to swim a little and chase some tennis balls on the beach. I think it helped. Probably helped us just as much as him. We're getting back to normal life now. I know it sounds silly, but this was a huge change in our family.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    A quick edit from saturday:

Just trying to study editing....

mtbr member
    Dogs with Passion-img_3769.jpg

Hey, wait up!
    Took my Annie girl camping. We've started riding trails together, and she's doing great. But it's hard to get action shots.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dogs with Passion-dsc_7997.jpg  

Dogs with Passion-dsc_8003.jpg  

Dogs with Passion-img_20130215_160812.jpg  

In best Klingon voice: Today is a good day to ride!

New Mexico Off Road Series

Dirt Rocks!

Let Go, and Let Bike.

MTB B'dos
    Been "absent" sort of since the forum change over and didn't see this. So very sorry to hear of your loss, tough, brave, but hard thing you did to not be selfish and keep her around. I agree with you whole heartidly, much prefer most dogs over humans. Don't expect to get over it so fast, take your time and grieve and let Mason too, you lost a child and he a sister after all, no matter what anyone may tell you, you lost a family member and it'll take time. I'm not looking forward to the day I loose one of mine (oldest is just about 4.5 years now), but I've had to make this choice for my brothers ailing dog the day before my 40th Birthday and it changed me that's for sure, will never forget that day and couldn't get it out of my head for my Bday either had a horrible day, can't imagine what loosing one of mine will be like.
    Thanks everyone.

It took everything I had not to start full blown crying in the vet. Definitely had a few tears rolling down the face though. I was talking to the vet afterwards about how we consider them "the kids." My wife and I don't have any children, so the dogs have been treated as such. And I'm pretty sure I actually like dogs (even other people's dogs) better than I like a lot of people out there! hahaha

Didn't have time to go for a ride today (trying to catch up on work), but we did take him out to the lake to swim a little and chase some tennis balls on the beach. I think it helped. Probably helped us just as much as him. We're getting back to normal life now. I know it sounds silly, but this was a huge change in our family.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Do you use NUTRO pet foods? Please keep an eye on your pets. I cup of the "NEW & IMPROVED" formula, new for 2013 killed my 4 1/2 year old pit mix in 1 1/2 days, vet bill $2357. The food has been sent for anaylsis. If your dog doesn't like the food return it and if you have a problem with it call the FDA (Food and Drug Administration). Pedigree dog food is owned by the same company, Mars candy and the Mars family.
    Most are reporting vomiting, diarrhea or both. A few have dead dogs. A vet won't point you towards food problems. Please look at http://www.consumeraffairs/pets/nutro.html for more information.
    agmtb

mtbr member
    I fed my dog NUTRO a couple years ago and he would throw up every day. After we figured out it was the food we moved him over to California Natural and/or Natural Balance and he has been fine ever since. So I agree with you, stay away from NUTRO. Even the vet said others have had problems with that food too.

mtbr member
    I have always fed my dogs what vets recommended, which is always science diet. Price is competitive, no reason to stray from it, my dogs have always been happy. Dogs eat cat ****. They aren't picky. Feed them something that will keep them healthy, and they will be happy. Not worth messing up their health to save five bucks or to get them faux gourmet. They will eat basic food, because, well, it has more protein than your socks even if it doesnt taste as good to the dog...

mtbr member
    Not mine, but a nice clip.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    bike terror was gone within an hour.

they already follow me while riding in the yard.

have high hopes for the trail worthiness of my recently adopted puppies.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikemaya View Post
    I have always fed my dogs what vets recommended, which is always science diet. Price is competitive, no reason to stray from it, my dogs have always been happy.
    My family's dogs had always gotten science diet too, and when we got a puppy last year it's what the vet recommended. Then at about 6 or 7 months she got picky and started to skip meals, so we switched her over to Wellness food just to see if she liked it better.

And it completely changed her coat. For a month or two before that we'd been lamenting how quickly she'd lost her soft puppy coat, but we just assumed that as an adult her fur was going to be kind of coarse. But almost as soon as we switched foods she was back to being puppy-soft, and now she's a year old and has stayed that way.

There isn't really a point to this (certainly not bashing Science Diet), but I was blown away by how much of an effect the food had.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by newfangled View Post
    My family's dogs had always gotten science diet too, and when we got a puppy last year it's what the vet recommended. Then at about 6 or 7 months she got picky and started to skip meals, so we switched her over to Wellness food just to see if she liked it better.

And it completely changed her coat. For a month or two before that we'd been lamenting how quickly she'd lost her soft puppy coat, but we just assumed that as an adult her fur was going to be kind of coarse. But almost as soon as we switched foods she was back to being puppy-soft, and now she's a year old and has stayed that way.

There isn't really a point to this (certainly not bashing Science Diet), but I was blown away by how much of an effect the food had.
    Just googled it, sounds like good stuff! I have also thought about trying out a more natural food, but I really worry about making my dog sick by feeding them something boutique that is more marketed towards human sensibilities than what a dog needs, you know? Vets who I trust, have known for years and aren't just trying to sell me stuff, recommend the same dog food. I trust my dog's health to those people when I take them in for treatment, so it seems to make sense I should trust their judgement on basic stuff too. Doesn't mean other stuff is bad, but I would still take a label to the vet and see what they thought of it

Also, the price on some of the all natural stuff is more than I spend on MY food! I would rather cook something for the dog at that point...

That is just my thinking on all this, though I still am alternative-dog-food-curious!

tao
    succinct
    I was a huge BARF (biologically appropriate raw food) guy when my girl was a pup. Dog food has come a long way since then. Most important aspect is that it is GRAIN FREE. Ever see a dog stalk a cornfield or rice patty? Basically dogs are wolves since they can breed with them. An Australian veterinarian worked on recreating the wolves natural diet. If I remember correctly it's 30% non weight bearing raw bones (chicken wings) 30% meat (chicken wings cover the meat too) and 30% vegetables 10% organ meat (chicken hearts). Cats are pure carnivores. He got wings and hearts only. Cat had no problem chewing the RAW wings up bone and all. I'm sure your dog could too. NEVER FEED AN ANINAL COOKED POULTRY BONES they splinter. Google BARF Billinghurst for details.
    plunging like stones from a slingshot on mars.

Page 74 of 88 FirstFirst ... 24 64 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 84 ... LastLast