Page 68 of 85 FirstFirst ... 18 58 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 78 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 2102
    mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    on a side note, this is a great thread, good pics, and thanks a ton for the advice!

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I will never take mine out again....I seem to vanish when I sit on my bike lol

mtbr member
    Here's my bike and my buddy in GGPDogs with Passion-imageuploadedbytapatalk1346478302.902618.jpg
    Dogs with Passion-imageuploadedbytapatalk1346478336.713246.jpg
    I'm sick of all the Irish stereotypes, as soon as I finish this beer I"m punching someone

duh
    my pup just relaxing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dogs with Passion-img_0220.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    My riding buddies..... Molly (RIP) in front and Buddy close behind.

Dirt Rag Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by shugarbear View Post
    See, this is what I have been told. When he snarled or raised a lip at her when she was still crawling, I was dominate and I made sure he knew who was boss. He felt the "sting".... that obviously did not work and to be honest I did not feel right about it either.
    Fair enough... I'm not sure what breed your dog is, some breeds react differently to physical discipline than others. I've always had tough, hardy dogs, like Shepherds as a kid with my parents, and an American Bulldog and Staffordshire Terrier subsequently. These are tough dogs, bred for their stoicism, endurance, and focus. One punch in the head ain't gonna phase 'em too much, but it will hurt their pride and make them think about what they've done. In fact, it's probably because they know what a punch feels like that they shrink away with their ears down when I merely look angry and wave my finger at them. That's total dominance, and it doesn't sound like you've got that over your dog yet.

My little Staffy's built like a tank and is a really sweet little doggy, wouldn't hurt a fly, but the American Bulldog (RIP) would've ripped a strangers throat out if they showed aggression toward me or did something equally stupid on our property. Even so, I would take her to BBQ's at friends houses, with kids floating around occupying themselves, because she had a big loving heart, and was genuinely good with kids, although too strong and energetic to play rough with them. Most importantly though, she knew where the boundaries were, what was expected of her, and the severe consequences for overstepping the mark. Puppies are always pushing the boundaries of acceptable behaviour, and it takes a good couple of years to train them properly.

My voice is like a remote control for my dogs, they amaze other dog owners with their polite obedience, but it took months and months, if not years of training (discipline & reward) every day to get there. Because of this, I allow my dogs freedoms other dogs wouldn't dream about. For example, I have always walked them without a lead, and so long as they keep up, mostly let them take their own time, sniffing and pissing on whatever they want when we go for walks. I believe this is healthy for the dog, lets them hone their natural instincts, while I simply have to say their name and they're back by my side in an instant.

To some extent I let them choose which way to walk, but it's not by me chasing after them. When we get to an intersection, my dog will sit down and crane his neck around, making eye contact with me, looking to be told when it's safe to cross the road. If I'm walking one way and he wants to go another, he'll take a few paces in a different direction, stop, and look back at me, the boss, for permission to proceed. Sometimes I say yes, sometimes no, it's up to me how the dog behaves. Ultimately, I don't give him a choice; what we do, when we do it, and the behaviour the dog exhibits are always my responsibility.

you guys can all say my dog would be dead, I would beat the **** out of it etc... But, until you have been to that point, you have no idea. I said the same stuff and I was SUPER pissed at my dog.
    Man, I feel for you. I love my dog so much, he's my best little pal, we do everything together. But I'm a single guy, I don't have a partner or kids. Obviously, they come first, and if your dog's snarling at you infant daughter... well, you know how bad that is.
    Last edited by m0ngy; 09-08-2012 at 02:51 PM.
    "You go up the hill, you go down the hill."

mtbr member
    Dogs with Passion-imageuploadedbytapatalk1347067313.627002.jpg

Mid ride break
    I'm sick of all the Irish stereotypes, as soon as I finish this beer I"m punching someone

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Great thread and pics. I want to start taking my boy out with me, wouldn't want to push him too much to keep his hips good, once he gets on a trail he will run until he dies.

I'd have to do it mid week in the park to avoid others while training him around the bike.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    do you guys really go on rides with your dogs?

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    That's Awsome!

NMBP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mat94 View Post
    do you guys really go on rides with your dogs?
    I can't speak for the others, but all of the photos of my dogs on rides have been very well Photoshoped.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by crashtestdummy View Post
    I can't speak for the others, but all of the photos of my dogs on rides have been very well Photoshoped.
    And my videos were very painstakingly CGI'd. Totally worth it tho.
    Are you a Happy Mutant?

MTB B'dos
    Love it, absolutely love the look of absolute joy and some good old exaustion from some healthy exercise.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    May 2012
    My Shredder!
    Best bud riding bro!

Original Video - More videos at TinyPic
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dogs with Passion-bodhi.jpg  

Last edited by fauxfreeride; 09-11-2012 at 11:57 AM.
    I got more bikes than skills, son!

mtbr member
    Fall came to Dallas this weekend, it was 59 degrees Sunday morning and the girl finally got to hit 5 miles again. She slept for the rest of the day while I went back out to do some more riding.
    Here she is waiting for me to catch my breath

Ready to hit more trail

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    We had some quality time today:

mtbr member
    This guy is so great, we Only do a few miles now with long breaks but he loves it, I can't touch my bike without him going apeshoot, here he is post rideDogs with Passion-imageuploadedbytapatalk1347694275.492329.jpg

Bicycle Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Boot View Post
    We had some quality time today:

Haha! "Dad, your sag is not set correctly."
    The unexamined life is not worth living - Socrates
    Bearded Women Racing

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Casual evening trail ride with one of my girls.

Leena and Stevie (side 2)
    Pedal through it!

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Introducing our new puppy Finn! We have had him for about 3 weeks now. He is an 11 week old Super Mutt! The shelter guesses the litter was some type of weimaraner mix. He is a great dog so far! Very smart with his training! Stays with us off leash on the local trails (walking). I am super excited about potentially having my first trail dog!

Picture from the shelter

The day we got home

Park Time!

Trail Time!

Dirt Rag Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by mkirby258 View Post
    Introducing our new puppy Finn! We have had him for about 3 weeks now. He is an 11 week old Super Mutt! The shelter guesses the litter was some type of weimaraner mix. He is a great dog so far! Very smart with his training! Stays with us off leash on the local trails (walking). I am super excited about potentially having my first trail dog!
    Super Mutt, lol!

He's a handsome boy, are those green eyes? You can see he really loves you, constantly seeking your attention. You're his entire universe now, and that's a lot to live up to. Haha, doggies eh...
    "You go up the hill, you go down the hill."

mtbr member
    aww man, too cute

b a n n e d
    Holy crap . . . . you have no idea how strong the resemblance is between Finn and my pup Winston (a Vizsla x Choc. Lab mix)!!!

Here he is at about 1:

He's 6 now an due to an unfortunate incident beyond my control as a puppy, he's terrified of the bike
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by OO7 View Post
    Holy crap . . . . you have no idea how strong the resemblance is between Finn and my pup Winston (a Vizsla x Choc. Lab mix)!!!
    WOW! They have really close resemblance! We have been saying that he is mixed with choc lab when people ask. And I had a hint that he might have some vizsla as well...

Thanks for posting!

mtbr member
    My Lab Bodhi:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dogs with Passion-coop-liftoff.jpg  

Dogs with Passion-cooper-impact.jpg  

Speed Kills...It kills those that don't have it!
    German Engineering in Da Haus, Ja!

Page 68 of 85 FirstFirst ... 18 58 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 78 ... LastLast