Page 61 of 85 FirstFirst ... 11 51 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 71 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 2112
    mtbr member
    He only gets to run along side of me on a leash....but he does really good!

mtbr member
    May 2006

My assistant trail builder

Toby selecting the line for a new trail we're building.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dogs with Passion-imag0220.jpg  

http://facebook.com/CharlemontTrails
    NEMBA Past President...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx View Post
    Glad to see someone else thinking like I do, wish they'd really crack down on breeding with the amount of unwanted and discarded dogs and pets we have the world over.
    You wish "they" would crack down on breeding? And by they, I suppose you mean government people... Is there anything left that Americans don't want their government to provide some horrible answer to?

Weekend warrior aspirant
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by danhasdrums View Post
    You wish "they" would crack down on breeding? And by they, I suppose you mean government people... Is there anything left that Americans don't want their government to provide some horrible answer to?
    Please don't make that a generalization - I'm an american who most certainly *doesn't* want more meddling.

I'm hoping "They" referred to AKC and other animal breeding and eugenics groups.
    Mountain bike with 15k miles, Road bike with 10k miles, breaking in my 29er by riding the entire AZ Trail

MTB B'dos
    While I know that to most Americans it's the only place people live on the planet, surprisingly in fact there are loads of others continents and islands the world over where people participate in lots of activities that Americans also do, including MTB and access the internet. By "they" I mean governments and kennel clubs the world over, because clearly people cannot make sensible decisions for themselves on just about anything it would seem and have to rely on agencies and such to tell them what to do, if not they just go wild. If people had any sort of self control the human population would not have doubled in the last 50 years alone.

Last edited by LyNx; 04-17-2012 at 05:54 AM. Reason: corrected only in 50 years, not 100 the population has more than doubled in the world.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    Let's replace "self control" with "government control" and see how long it takes for them to make MTB'ing illegal, ya right!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    2010 Trek Rumblefish
    2013 Trek Cobia

mtbr member
    O.K. Back on subject. Enjoying a break before next run.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    2010 Trek Rumblefish
    2013 Trek Cobia

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    My dogs are pretty excited with my biking, but they are not good looking enough for post in this forum

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fysioterapeut View Post
    My dogs are pretty excited with my biking, but they are not good looking enough for post in this forum
    No such thing as an ugly trail dog! Let's not talk about the riders though....
    2010 Trek Rumblefish
    2013 Trek Cobia

mtbr member
    While I know that to most Americans it's the only place people live on the planet, surprisingly in fact there are loads of others continents and islands the world over where people participate in lots of activities that Americans also do, including MTB and access the internet. By "they" I mean governments and kennel clubs the world over, because clearly people cannot make sensible decisions for themselves on just about anything it would seem and have to rely on agencies and such to tell them what to do, if not they just go wild. If people had any sort of self control the human population would not have doubled in the last 50 years alone.
    My bad, seeing that you're' from Barbados I can see why you want fornication heavily regulated with all the deaths there due to aids.
    Sadly, if people like freedom, part of that means they have to endure some acts that they find personally offensive, such as breeding of dogs. There are groups here in the US that are doing a lot to try and push for more government regulation on dog breeding, but sadly, these regulations will have a large affect on how the responsible breeders go about their business, and I hate using the word "business" because these breeders do not profit. While I sympathize with the dogs in the pounds, and I personally donate time and money to those organizations, it's also very positive what some breeders are doing to improve the health and temperaments of pure bred dogs and it would be sad if that progress had to come to a halt.
    This argument doesn't even mention the fact that the majority of countries on our planet are staring down their own personal debt crisis so when I hear of people suggesting that the government step in and add more negatives to the balance sheets, I find it a little disconcerting. And that will be last post on this since this should be about doggies and pictures of doggies!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    My pup Lucy at the top of a trail in GA. (It has been raining the last couple days so she's been bouncing off the walls with all that extra energy)

015 by saltwatertaco, on Flickr

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I have posted my girl here before, but she's just that awesome. Shiba Inu Pit Bull mix, and a bundle of energy and joy. She loves getting out on the trails, but mostly for hiking. She runs circles around me, so hopefully taking her on the bike will help her release more energy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dogs with Passion-331621_10150396109409520_561654519_8202405_2035796288_o.jpg  

Dogs with Passion-292230_10150715823419520_561654519_9259204_853935872_n.jpeg  

It's all downhill from here.
    (There's a **** of a lot of climbing left.)

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    IS it just me, or are the posts all out of order?? When Im signed in last page consists of 09/10 posts. When I log off, the posts are in chronological order......hhhhmmmmm
    Frank
    As confused as a baby in a titty bar!!!

MTB B'dos
    Not exactly sure how or why your first little sentence was snuck in there, but since you took so much time to search for that info I'll reply.....Since I know you searched to come up with these great facts, you might also have checked and realised that in the US, blacks only make up 14% of the population, but account for over 46% of the HIV/AIDs cases, so on an island with over a 93% black population, heavily dependent on tourism, mainly US it's no wonder the numbers are so high. The highest cause of transmission is through heterosexual exchange, women having the highest %, i.e. tourist based prostitution as we have cruise and warships coming through here all the time, deduce from that what you will.

As to the actual subject of lowering/stopping dog breeding and instead fostering more adoptions of the billions of homeless animals out there, that is money well spent IMHO. As to the "good" breeders don't make money and do it for the love If they really cared the "good" breeders would self regulate and get together and help to eradicate breeding farms and bad breeding practices, since of course we know you guys don't need regulating right

My bad, seeing that you're' from Barbados I can see why you want fornication heavily regulated with all the deaths there due to aids.
    Sadly, if people like freedom, part of that means they have to endure some acts that they find personally offensive, such as breeding of dogs. There are groups here in the US that are doing a lot to try and push for more government regulation on dog breeding, but sadly, these regulations will have a large affect on how the responsible breeders go about their business, and I hate using the word "business" because these breeders do not profit. While I sympathize with the dogs in the pounds, and I personally donate time and money to those organizations, it's also very positive what some breeders are doing to improve the health and temperaments of pure bred dogs and it would be sad if that progress had to come to a halt.
    This argument doesn't even mention the fact that the majority of countries on our planet are staring down their own personal debt crisis so when I hear of people suggesting that the government step in and add more negatives to the balance sheets, I find it a little disconcerting. And that will be last post on this since this should be about doggies and pictures of doggies!
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

I married a witch.
    It's been a few years since this shot, but at least I'm not posting an argument about overbearing governments wanting to regulate the over breeding of anti-American dogs with aids... (hint, please stay on topic, or take the argument elsewhere.)

mtbr member

our mutt

Gee, we'll add one trail mutt photo. If you go to her blog, you can see a bunch more. Since she's a dog that doesn't speak, its mostly pictures.

The Trail Mutt Reports
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dogs with Passion-tech-t-gromit-j-dl-.jpg  

Arly a tandem Nerd, Who rides them, loves them, so we sell them. superiortandems.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mzinn23 View Post
    I LOVE MY PIT BULL .
    Thats hilarious......your dog is as much a "PIT BULL" as this guy is.....hahahha

Weekend warrior aspirant
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Rack Man View Post
    Thats hilarious......your dog is as much a "PIT BULL" as this guy is.....hahahha

Not sure what you were expecting?
    American Pit Bull Terrier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They look pretty much like that.
    Mountain bike with 15k miles, Road bike with 10k miles, breaking in my 29er by riding the entire AZ Trail

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wintersolstice View Post
    Not sure what you were expecting?
    American Pit Bull Terrier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They look pretty much like that.

Ok....Lets play "Identify the real Pit Bull" game: Your right I can't tell the difference....My Bad!

Last edited by Rack Man; 04-18-2012 at 12:16 PM.

I married a witch.
    Really? This is what you choose to make a stand on? The guy has a dog, likely with some pitt mix in it, he's proud of his dog, and you are going to invest this much effort in arguing the point?

Do you have a dog? Go take him for a ride, he's feeling neglected, you're spending too much time on the computer.

mtbr member
    As to the actual subject of lowering/stopping dog breeding and instead fostering more adoptions of the billions of homeless animals out there, that is money well spent IMHO. As to the "good" breeders don't make money and do it for the love If they really cared the "good" breeders would self regulate and get together and help to eradicate breeding farms and bad breeding practices, since of course we know you guys don't need regulating right
    There are plenty of groups you can donate money to that are working to help find homes for homeless pets. You are free to do so. I do this myself, my breeder friends do the same as well as pull animals from kill shelters and provide them food and shelter until they find their forever home.
    "Good breeders," as you call them, do not have the authority to stop backyard breeders and breeding farms, from letting their dogs have sex. I don't know how you think they can just team up together and make other people behave a certain way, but it simply is just not possible. Your proposition would be as successful as the war on drugs or the war on terror because it is as ludicrous of an idea.

mtbr member
    Zappa as a little puppy.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Here you go guys. Please move your dog breeding conversation here so we can enjoy this thread. Thank you.

Gripe about dog breeding ethics here
    "Your opinion may vary, but it's stupid." -Rich Dillen

mtbr member

MacGregor

If I want to ride without my Border Collie I have to sneak out...cuz if he sees me in a helmet....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dogs with Passion-zzmacvickwood2011.jpg  

Dogs with Passion-zmtbrmacsmile.jpg  

Dogs with Passion-zmtbrmacwildflowers.jpg  

Dogs with Passion-zmaccoolsmtbr.jpg  

Dogs with Passion-vicandmacmtbr.jpg  

"Yeah, Humboldt County is way the %#@* up there, but worth it!"

I married a witch.
    That dog is lucky to have such an awesome playground! I love the shots.

Page 61 of 85 FirstFirst ... 11 51 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 71 ... LastLast