Page 6 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 56 ... LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 2096
  1. #126
    40% of the time it works
    Reputation: dirtysancheez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    13

    Reef

    Reef In action
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #127
    mtbr member
    Reputation: flipnidaho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    6,409
    My girl....


    Immortalized...

  3. #128
    organically fed
    Reputation: w00t!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,173
    Quote Originally Posted by flipnidaho
    My girl....


    Immortalized...
    What is she? A Ridgeback?

  4. #129
    Self proclaimed idiot
    Reputation: MattCharettePhotography's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by flipnidaho
    My girl....
    Immortalized...
    Great tribute to a companion man, great idea.
    Mountains will move under the man with enough will to make them do so.

  5. #130
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Anonymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,817
    An unleashed dog in a national forest is illegal. Why should I not subject you to second hand cigar smoke, if you think it's ok to subject me to second hand dog?
    Your fear of looking stupid is holding you back.

  6. #131
    Self proclaimed idiot
    Reputation: MattCharettePhotography's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    An unleashed dog in a national forest is illegal. Why should I not subject you to second hand cigar smoke, if you think it's ok to subject me to second hand dog?
    You make a habbit of trolling?
    Mountains will move under the man with enough will to make them do so.

  7. #132
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Anonymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,817
    Quote Originally Posted by MattCharettePhotography
    You make a habbit of trolling?
    I make a habit of pointing out hypocrisy. I like dogs more than most people. However, if you think it's OK for you to ride trails with an unleashed dog, you got another think comming. You ride with an unleashed dog, you smell my smoke. Simple as that.
    Your fear of looking stupid is holding you back.

  8. #133
    Self proclaimed idiot
    Reputation: MattCharettePhotography's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    74
    City forests, and state forests have their own sets of laws, as most national sanctioned forests are national parks, dogs would not be allowed. here in Maine the leash laws for most dogs are only in certain distances to residential areas, and it varies from town to town, city to city. Your argument is valid for national sanctioned forests but really kind of lame to try to generalize all private state, and city owned property into the law for national forests.

    Personally, I do not smoke, but I dont mind a quick wiff of a cigar as my dog and I blow past smokers on the uphill.
    Mountains will move under the man with enough will to make them do so.

  9. #134
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    53

    Winston - Trail Blazer

    Bred to hunt, raised to bike...
    Attached Images Attached Images

  10. #135
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    53
    doh
    Last edited by Sparky1231; 08-24-2008 at 06:08 AM.

  11. #136
    trail fairy
    Reputation: trailadvent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,652
    Ahh love Dog threads can never be too many, some awesome looking dogs in here

    Love this headbadge too very cool

    Immortalized...
    Some more of my boy MAXXIS, [3months old male pup, lab x] hes been on a few threads, he loves to get around this boy
    Where walking some local trails for my rehab now no bike but still good to be out on a trail! Got to play at a pond with his new best buddy yesterday Jack, hes a English terrier 18mths old a real boof head beast of a dog awesome really didn't get piccs, they both had a great time chasing sticks in this pond and each other, though Maxxis was a little out gunned, but did well, Jack was never going to hurt him, though it could have been all over in seconds if he wanted too, hes a beast, very cool dog though, and looking fwd to more times with them and my friends who own him, will be good on the trails in the future together!








    chur
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

    MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

    Leatt FAQs


  12. #137
    mtbr member
    Reputation: flipnidaho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    6,409
    Quote Originally Posted by w00t!
    What is she? A Ridgeback?
    Yes, she's a Rhodesian Ridgeback without the Ridge. We got her from Ridgeback Rescue almost 10 years ago... She doesn't go on bike rides anymore due to her arthritis but she still runs with me every other day for a few miles... I like hanging out with her more than most of the people I know...

  13. #138
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tatankainlondon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    422
    Quote Originally Posted by flipnidaho
    I like hanging out with her more than most of the people I know...
    And I can tell you why: because your dog will not talk about you behind your back neither stab you in your back.... As simple as that

  14. #139
    trail fairy
    Reputation: trailadvent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,652
    Quote Originally Posted by tatankainlondon
    And I can tell you why: because your dog will not talk about you behind your back neither stab you in your back.... As simple as that
    so true..
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

    MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

    Leatt FAQs


  15. #140
    mtbr member
    Reputation: flipnidaho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    6,409
    Quote Originally Posted by tatankainlondon
    And I can tell you why: because your dog will not talk about you behind your back neither stab you in your back.... As simple as that
    Amen to that..... PLUS, she's always glad to see me and she's very protective of my gear... She's better than any Kryptonite (since she has unusually large fangs for a dog)...




    The last person that tried to steal my bike...

  16. #141
    My Rusty Knee
    Reputation: Stuart B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,179
    Quote Originally Posted by flipnidaho
    My girl....


    Immortalized...
    Very cool!

    I went out again this morning with Jasper, and took some (rather ropey) video. Don't watch it full screen, might make you feel ill with the shaking lol. I put my old gps on his harness, he got 25mph, I got 17mph lol....he didn't even open up fully.

    thankfully I am allowed to let him off the lead here!

    and sorry about the squeeky back brake . Its not very good, but was fun to do.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkj0YSMkbHw

    Stu
    What exactly is a rigid hard tail?

  17. #142
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    196
    Sasha is a 5 year old collie/blue heeler mix (we think...she was an SPCA rescue). She had to have knee surgery when she was a year old, although it hasn't slowed her down one bit!



  18. #143
    mtbr member
    Reputation: oldcabin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    42

    Passion for sleep . . .

    . . . not the trail.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  19. #144
    Dog Musher
    Reputation: hammerdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    102
    Here is my team this past winter. Both are German Shorthaired Pointers that I adopted from the pound.


  20. #145
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tatankainlondon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    422
    Quote Originally Posted by hammerdog
    People say one picture is worth a thousand word and this picture is a fine example of that

  21. #146
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ewarnerusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    2,104
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    I make a habit of pointing out hypocrisy. I like dogs more than most people. However, if you think it's OK for you to ride trails with an unleashed dog, you got another think comming. You ride with an unleashed dog, you smell my smoke. Simple as that.
    Our national forest dog laws are posted as "under verbal control". Leashes only required within 100 feet of the trailhead. I've noticed there's always someone hating the sight of a loose dog when it's posted on this site....

    This is Bella who is unfortunately no longer with us. Cancer is a b***h.....

  22. #147
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    121

    This is Donner



    Incredible trail dog, started working with him @ 8 months on short rides, he is now one of the more aware dogs on the trail and will not get in your way. Only thing that gets him is heat, he's a Shepard/Lab @ 90lbs and does not do so well over 80 degree's. Oh yeah, he hucked the rock in this shot. Such a rad dog!!!

  23. #148
    friend of Apex
    Reputation: WKD-RDR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,684

    401...



    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

  24. #149
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    617
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    An unleashed dog in a national forest is illegal. Why should I not subject you to second hand cigar smoke, if you think it's ok to subject me to second hand dog?
    Boy you're a nasty little troll aren't you?

    Hey genius, there's a difference between a National Park and a National Forest. I don't know of a single National Forrst in Washington, Idaho or Oregon that has a leash law, and in fact I hunt upland birds, ducks and geese in several different National Forests with my dogs (off leash!) every winter.

    Sounds like you had a single bad experience with an asshat dog owner that gave you this attitude. See how all it ever takes is one bad experience to create a stigma for everybody else?

    Personally, leash laws don't bother me at all. With both of my golden retrievers (15 and 2 years old), I'll put the leash on them, then they'll pick up the end of the leash with their teeth and proudly walk themselves, right by my side. I've had park rangers laugh and smile as I went running by. In the last 15 years with my old goldie in every state I've lived in, I've never had anybody mention a leash law to me because my dog is always right at heel (until I release her to track birds or run and play in an off leash area).
    Last edited by GpzGuy; 08-26-2008 at 06:41 PM.

  25. #150
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    617
    Quote Originally Posted by MattCharettePhotography
    City forests, and state forests have their own sets of laws, as most national sanctioned forests are national parks, dogs would not be allowed. here in Maine the leash laws for most dogs are only in certain distances to residential areas, and it varies from town to town, city to city. Your argument is valid for national sanctioned forests but really kind of lame to try to generalize all private state, and city owned property into the law for national forests.
    Not really a true statement for the Western US. There are of course National Parks within national forrests, but these usually have clearly deliniated boundaries, or at least you can tell when the land goes from cared for / improved to wild. In Washington, the national forrests are HUGE. In Wasington alone there is the Gifford Pinchot (where I grew up), the Okanogan, the Colville, the Olympic, the Wenatchee, Snoqualmie and Mt. Baker, each of these encompasses thousands of square miles.

    Now there are national parks within some of those national forrests of course, for instance Mt. Rainier NP is in the Snoqualmie national forest.
    See this little map here: http://www.wildernet.com/pages/area....F%26NP&CU_ID=1

    Also, its been my experience that park rangers can be very selective about enforcing leash laws. It depends on the situation, (and I hate to say it but the type of dog too). In fact, I can only remember being nicely asked (not cautioned, warning, or cited) to hold my dog's leash by a ranger at Rainier. But that was at a visitor's center and there were lots of people about.

    Law Enforcement Officers in metro areas are the same way. I never put my dog on a leash, but I carry it, (or she carries it in her mouth) and she walks and runs right at my heel, and right next to me or just right behind me on my bicycle. I've stopped and talked to Seattle police on my runs through the park and none of them ever even blinked, or they would laugh and ask if they could pet her. I've only had one LEO in Tacoma say anything to me about it, but that was because he was a K-9 unit and my dog was in heat.

Page 6 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 56 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •