Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7475354555657
Results 2,801 to 2,805 of 2805
    saddlemeat
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperStang View Post
    Thanks for the advice guys, I am going to look into the booties. I was looking at her cuts this morning and it looks like it is her actual leg that is cut open just below the dew claw(which she doesn't have) on both of her front legs. All of her paws seem to look really good. Thank you.
    Careful with boots, they will keep the pads tender. I would only use a boot to temporarily protect an injured pad. Sounds like not an issue, let her run, enjoy!
    I ride with the best people.

Danger Zone
    We thought about boots for our dog but decided against it. Her paws just needed to toughen up a bit, which they did. She does occasionally get cuts on her legs because she likes to cut through the woods and run through trees and branches. We just monitor them and make sure she's not chewing at them. Nothing major; they tend to heal up on their own and she's good to go. Our vet has never shown any concern with it.

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldFly View Post
    We thought about boots for our dog but decided against it. Her paws just needed to toughen up a bit, which they did. She does occasionally get cuts on her legs because she likes to cut through the woods and run through trees and branches. We just monitor them and make sure she's not chewing at them. Nothing major; they tend to heal up on their own and she's good to go. Our vet has never shown any concern with it.
    Yep, the only way to toughen a dog up for this kind of recreation is to allow the pads and the dog to toughen up. It's a natural thing. Using boots promotes tender pads.
    Quote Originally Posted by NDD View Post
    Dude, I'm in Illinois. The only place anyone would come from that would say this area is hilly is Kansas.

noob bikepacker
    I dated a Veterinarian for 13 years. Our dogs (German Shepherds) hiked with her alot. She also said to only use pads to protect a current injury, or if you are in terrain where there are needles or sharp rocks. Young ones just have to callous over.

The only other time for boots was in the cold. We had Shepherds and Huskies and the lived outside...meaning that they always prefered to be out in the cold....we didn't leave them out.
    "It's about having pointless fun in the woods...." - Walt
    '15 Surly Krampus
    '87 Mongoose Californian Pro

mtbr member
    My Husky only wants inside if its hot out. Cold, snow, windy, rain she wants outdoors.
    I like to fart when I'm in front of you on a climb

Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7475354555657