Page 55 of 86 FirstFirst ... 5 45 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 2136
    mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I have two shorthairs.. I don't take them on trails while riding..my choice.. but I bike 3 to4 thousand mi per year and those dogs off leash look happy to be alive. Leashes just take all the responsibility of training out of the owners hands. Dogs NEED to seek for their mental health. The real hazard on the trail are F@#$%& I-pods..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    You wouldn't know it was January in Virginia! Out for another epic warm ride today.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    2010 Trek Rumblefish
    2013 Trek Cobia

mtbr member
    Jan 2011

Uwharrie near Badin Lake, NC (Keyauwee Trail)

Ruxin can't get enough of these trails

mtbr member
    This is Hugh. He is only 4 months so I haven't taken him on the trails yet. In about a month I will introduce him. Tons of energy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dogs with Passion-photo.jpg  

Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I have hope for the human race. ~ H.G. Wells

Team Awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by js_paddle07 View Post
    This is Hugh. He is only 4 months so I haven't taken him on the trails yet. In about a month I will introduce him. Tons of energy!
    Cattle dog!!! So much fun...

mtbr member
    Go easy on him until he is over a year old and you'll have a healthy running companion for many years.
    2010 Trek Rumblefish
    2013 Trek Cobia

Is not amused
    Quote Originally Posted by js_paddle07 View Post
    Nice looking dog. Cool color scheme.
    Yip yip yip nope nope nope

mtbr member
    Thanks! I've heard cattle dogs don't do well with things that go in circles...like my wheels. Hope he likes the trails.
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I have hope for the human race. ~ H.G. Wells

Code Burr
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBoyBMX View Post
    I am an all out dog person, hand down. i love my dog and most others...
    but if i come across you on the trail and you dog is all over the place and out of control it will cost you $106.00. If you dog is well trained and actually listens to you, a verbal warning for it being off leash will do. I'm tired of lazy people who refuse to take responsibility/properly train their animals. it has cost me too much time, work and heartache in the past. ie; responding to injured hikers/bikers/horseback riders, broken bones, nuisance dogs, dog bites, dogs chasing wildlife, etc. leash your dog if it's the rule...if you refuse, buy property big enough to do whatever you want and take the liability if your dog is out of control.
    just be responsible and accountable for your animal. thats all i ask
    You'd hate Texas.

mtbr member
    i wish i had a dog to take out on the trails with me . i think it is on of the greatest things . my bf and i have 2 dogs but neither one is a good trail dog. one is 8 and has bad joints and he is a beagle . the other one is a small dog that i would have to carry after no time at all but they give us much support when we are out . they find things we dont need to eat like hersey kisses . sunday we came home to all of them eaten but 2 they were nice to share .

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by tuffgrrl View Post
    i wish i had a dog to take out on the trails with me . i think it is on of the greatest things . my bf and i have 2 dogs but neither one is a good trail dog. one is 8 and has bad joints and he is a beagle . the other one is a small dog that i would have to carry after no time at all but they give us much support when we are out . they find things we dont need to eat like hersey kisses . sunday we came home to all of them eaten but 2 they were nice to share .
    Im sure you know this but extremely careful with choclate around your dogs. It contains a chemical that is a cardiac stimulant and diuretic. It could just make the dog extremely thirsty and have an upset stomach but since canine livers dont process choclate, it will build up in the liver over time. Heart attacks due to hightened heart rates are the most common choclate related death cause.
    2010 Giant Yukon FX
    Pure XCR Wheelset/Geax Saguaro Tires/Tubeless
    Bike Weight Lost: 2.48lbs (1124g)

Is not amused
    Dino mean muggin and waiting to go for a ride.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dogs with Passion-befunky_imag0046.jpg  

Yip yip yip nope nope nope

mtbr member
    Feb 2010

Both enjoy the snow.

mtbr member
    What kind of dog is your friend here?

Quote Originally Posted by Driverfound337 View Post
    Recents of my pooch, He's a tremendous part of my life and trail riding, I hate riding without him.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/62339652@N02/6766473863/]
    [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/62339652@N02/6766484485/]konashred1013, on Flickr
    When will you learn that I am always right sometimes?

mtbr member
    Just some bad news.. My boy kilo possibly ruptured his crutiate ligament. Anyone have this happen to your running partner? It breaks my heart cuz he loves to hit trails.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Black lab

mtbr member
    Sep 2010

Amelia

hoping to take my girl Amelia out this spring. she is three, loves jumping into the Boise River and swimming around. I am sure she would make a great trail dog, boundless energy, strong, and agile.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dogs with Passion-amelia.jpg  

It's all downhill from here.
    (There's a **** of a lot of climbing left.)

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    A day on the trail
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dogs with Passion-billede074.jpg  

Dogs with Passion-billede089.jpg  

Dogs with Passion-billede092.jpg  

Dogs with Passion-billede095.jpg  

Dogs with Passion-billede097.jpg  

Team Awesome
    Nothing happier than a sleepy dog face....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kofoed View Post
    A day on the trail

Is that a full bred corgi? Looks like it's got a little of somethin else in it. Its definitely got a corgi personality.
    Are you a Happy Mutant?

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    It is a full breed Corgi cardigan, but she has got a bit of long legs on her - if you can call it "long legs" on a dog like that

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by nanochef View Post
    Just some bad news.. My boy kilo possibly ruptured his crutiate ligament. Anyone have this happen to your running partner? It breaks my heart cuz he loves to hit trails.

yep.. we're still recovering... expect our running days are behind us.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by nanochef View Post
    I'm sorry to here that. Our Yellow Lab Palmer had that happen. After his surgery his fetching days are over, but he can still swim!

Lord Thunderbottom
    @ Kofoed

Corgi's rock!

I've got a 6 year old pembroke, haven't tried riding with her, she listens very well but I guess I assumed her legs were a bit short for long trail rides, but she keeps up with us on 10 mile hikes with no issues

She injured her CCL when she was 3, being so young we had options and we opted out of surgery and kept her on light duty, no stairs, no jumping etc for a few months and she pulled thru despite the initial assumption she would "need" the surgery, she's been running around for 3 years now like nothing happened, I'm so happy for her

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by TitanofChaos View Post
    @ Kofoed

Corgi's rock!

I've got a 6 year old pembroke, haven't tried riding with her, she listens very well but I guess I assumed her legs were a bit short for long trail rides, but she keeps up with us on 10 mile hikes with no issues

She injured her CCL when she was 3, being so young we had options and we opted out of surgery and kept her on light duty, no stairs, no jumping etc for a few months and she pulled thru despite the initial assumption she would "need" the surgery, she's been running around for 3 years now like nothing happened, I'm so happy for her
    Glad to hear she is doing fine..
    I have never had any problems on the trail, she has always kept up and never look like she couldn't cope - when the trail gets to technical, she always run ahead - there is no waiting for me

Page 55 of 86 FirstFirst ... 5 45 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 65 ... LastLast