Page 5 of 85 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I love the pictures of the beagles! I used to have a beagle and he would love to hike with me, ride, and hunt with me. He always stayed close and if you called him he would immediately come to you. Man did he go nuts when you took a gun out of the case, pulled out hiking boots, or rolled the bike out of the garage. He was a great dog. Thanks for the posts it put a smile on a my face and I needed it today.

As for people taking their dogs on heavy human traffic areas without a leash; well it is dangerous, but I don't mind if a dog is friendly. I can usually just dodge a dog or yell at them and they run away, but when people don't know how their dogs will react around people really bugs me.

I've been attacked 3 times on the trails by dogs off the leash and unfriendly. Just think before you take your dog unleashed in public. If they have any chance of being aggressive then leave them at home because eventually you will lose one of them if they go after the wrong person. Some people take a more lethal protection stance against aggressive dogs.

I love dog passion threads though. You all have some beautiful dogs!

Self proclaimed idiot

Raffi my 1 year old wolf hybrid, state laws prevent me from riding with her off a leash, as a matter of fact they prohibit me taking her anywhere without a leash. If someone in Maine sees a Wolf Hybrid (as if they are going to know it isn't just a Husky or Shepard mix) off a leash they can legally shoot it. She loves to go biking but is limited to the 20 acres behind my house that I own, or a leashed ride, and she doesnt care for that.

My girlfriend just got a Border Collie pup, you can bet your bottom dollar that as soon as she is big enough she will be out on the bike with me, I have started training her around my property. She may have to lose the pink collar though.
    Mountains will move under the man with enough will to make them do so.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Trail dog extraordinaire. Chakito!

Self proclaimed idiot
    Welsh Corgie? very nice, loyal dogs.

annadel lives in my blood
    this is rocky he is an tibetan terrier who is 7 years old he wanted to go on an walk so we went

AHH LETS GO NOW

I HAVE TO GO PEE

MY ROCK GO AWAY

THIS ONE IS MINE TO

LETS GO NOW

YEAH I GET TO CLIFF DIVE
    annadel is where its at

CHECK OUT MY FLICKR http://flickr.com/photos/32538636@N06/

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by MattCharettePhotography
    Welsh Corgie? very nice, loyal dogs.

Indeed a Corgie, and he is very loyal. Pretty fast for a short guy too. Loves to bike.

Self proclaimed idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by zeeduv
    Indeed a Corgie, and he is very loyal. Pretty fast for a short guy too. Loves to bike.
    They are fast, believe it or not, those little fellas make great herding dogs.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    my trail dog... a just over 1 year old Vizsla

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by MattCharettePhotography
    They are fast, believe it or not, those little fellas make great herding dogs.

My cats are VERY well aware of that

My Rusty Knee
    here is my pooch. he is a lurcher, he is about 3, and i got him from Kennel in january after he was found wandering the streets without a collar or chip. he is chipped now. last weekend I rode the mountain bike for the fisrt time since breaking my leg last year (Not been confident enough to, only been doing some easy road miles). I took Jasper with me, and he loved it.....i think he was surprised I was doing more than 3mph .

Stu
    What exactly is a rigid hard tail?

mtbr member
    Love that face in the second shot!

My Rusty Knee
    Quote Originally Posted by cooldaddy
    my trail dog... a just over 1 year old Vizsla

Is that a salmon sandwich in his/her mouth?

I can see a few reflections of you lot in their eyes

Stu

Rez
    mtbr member

Some More Vizsla's

Some new
    DSC01078a.JPG
    DSC01077a.JPG

and some old
    pup.bmp
    Last edited by Rez; 08-22-2008 at 01:14 PM. Reason: nothing
    What goes up must come down

mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Stuart......

Is your pup part greyhound or Whippet? looks like a good racing body.

Rez
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JEFMAL

Hungrian Pointer
    What goes up must come down

My Rusty Knee
    Quote Originally Posted by JEFMAL
    Some times I think greyhound and something smaller, other times Whippet with summet bigger . I don't know....I do know he is quick (30mph according my gps not long after i first got him off the lead .....strapped to his harness....i might test him again soon lol as he was pretty thin when i got him). he is chunkier and bigger than a whippet, but smaller than a greyhound.

he loves to run...fast. which can be a little disconcerting to oether dog owners sometimes....he says hello at half speed, which is quicker than they are used to. I completey trust him now, and most of the ppl I meet are regulars....i think it would be unfair on him to not let him run.

He is ace

Stu

My Rusty Knee
    Quote Originally Posted by Rez
    Hungrian Pointer
    looking at google pictures I don't reackon he is. his head is slimmer and his ears smaller.

Stu

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    He looks ripped. A family friend had 2 Pits he would take on 10-15 mile runs. They looked like Ahnald back in the day, Conan with fur, so intimidating to look at but were little babies.

My Rusty Knee
    I have been getting arty farty playing with my new dslr lens

Loser
    I used to take our Jack Russell riding.

She loved it but she has a wicked Napoleon complex so I had to keep an eye out for other dogs and pick her up if we came across anyone else with a dog - she'll go after any dog, any size that tries to sniff her butt, which is frightening. We never had a problem, but I had to pay close attention. She figured out after a little while that she could hitch a ride instead of run when she got tired. When it got to the point where she was begging for a lift too often, I stopped bringing her.

A guy I ride with sometimes has a dog named Kona that is the best trail dog I've ever seen. He stays out of your way 100%. He's also figured out how to cut corners on trails. I've passed him then five minutes later I come across him waiting up the trail for us. I rode with him the second time on a brand new trail, after only two passes he had figured out where to cut corners - smart dog. Kona's owner said it was weird the first time they rode the trail 'cause the dog followed the trail!

John
    Big Strings, Big Wheels, The Jisch Blog

I love Pisgah
    Casey(cow dog/border collie mix) 2 days ago while backpacking in Pisgah(Shining Rock).

The blue berries are rip right now
    "I've breathed the mtn air, man" Johnny Cash

It's a long way to the top
    . . . if you wanna rock and roll (ac/dc)

mtbr member
    Spark loves to ride and run. He's well behaved. This picture is one day after he was attacked by a coyote near Palisade, Colorado.

Moooo!!!
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Jisch
    I used to take our Jack Russell riding.

She loved it but she has a wicked Napoleon complex so I had to keep an eye out for other dogs and pick her up if we came across anyone else with a dog - she'll go after any dog, any size that tries to sniff her butt, which is frightening. We never had a problem, but I had to pay close attention. She figured out after a little while that she could hitch a ride instead of run when she got tired. When it got to the point where she was begging for a lift too often, I stopped bringing her.

A guy I ride with sometimes has a dog named Kona that is the best trail dog I've ever seen. He stays out of your way 100%. He's also figured out how to cut corners on trails. I've passed him then five minutes later I come across him waiting up the trail for us. I rode with him the second time on a brand new trail, after only two passes he had figured out where to cut corners - smart dog. Kona's owner said it was weird the first time they rode the trail 'cause the dog followed the trail!

John
    You have to be careful about picking smaller dogs up. The big dog gets excited and will jump up to get at the little dog and can hurt you. Picking a little dog up is one of the worst things you can do, your better off to throat the aggressive dog and make it submit. In those situations you have to be the Alpha. Not preaching just have seen it first hand. I used to breed blue-tick coon-hounds my mom who the dogs knew well grabbed her Shi-tzu off the ground. These dogs that knew and heeled to her without a second thought, however they were so worked up they knocked my mom over to sniff the shi-tzu. They didn't want to hurt it just sniff it. Dogs are very excitable and just flat out don't behave when that happens. Your best bet is to control that kind of encounter by trying to keep your dog down and out of the "line of fire".
    That video hit me where it hurt like a headbutting midget!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanMan
    Spark loves to ride and run. He's well behaved. This picture is one day after he was attacked by a coyote near Palisade, Colorado.

whoa, spark is a tough dog!

40% of the time it works

My Reef

Reef loves the water and to ride she is pretty fast on XC rides but not fast enough for DH trails. She is the best riding partner!

Page 5 of 85 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 ... LastLast