Page 3 of 83 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    [QUOTE=Bubbles & Me]All I have to do is get anywhere near the bike!
    Or say the words "Lets go"

Nice Beagle!

Heres mine

zod
    Southern Fried mUni
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Side Down
    Maya's got the passion
    That last pic of Maya rocks!

My black lab is not a very good traildog....once she finds a creek or pond to lay in the ride is over so she stays at home.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Close. Dogo Argentino. 1 Years old. She weighs 95 lbs, and can be quite a handful. We still have alot of work to do with her training.

Ridin in UT
    Quote Originally Posted by LarsXC
    Close. Dogo Argentino. 1 Years old. She weighs 95 lbs, and can be quite a handful. We still have alot of work to do with her training.
    Hey LarsXC - this is a little off topic from the original post, but do you have any puppy pics of her? This is our new little guy (rescuee) and I'm trying to figure out what exactly he is besides the usual "pit mix" label they get at the shelter when they look anything like a pit. I'm thinking Dogo Argentino too, but I don't know. Have a look. He's about 4 months old and 30 lbs. His paws are pretty big so it'll be interesting to see how large he gets!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Apr 2007

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by davec113

Haulin' ASS through the buttruff!

Best

pic

so far.

-- Evil Patrick

My Music

My Videos

Ride everything! Remember, Elvis died pushing.

Just roll it......
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Patrick
    Haulin' ASS through the buttruff!

Best

pic

so far.

Don't encourage him Patrick......we're doomed to see that pic forever!

Seriously, I'm super envious of that pic.....I'd love to get a pic of my boys hauling arse like that. It's rad when I've got my older dog in the lead and my younger one on my rear wheel and we're just rippin' it up and launching over everything. SO FUN! Dave's got a winner with that shot!!

EB

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Cute pup Rubberside. May have some Dogo in him. As a reference point, my girl weighed 31 lbs at 8 weeks. Female Dogo's go around 80-100 lbs, males 90-120

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I've only ridden a handful of times with mine because I don't want to have to deal with other dogs if I don't have a leash on him. He does not always get along with other dogs, especially other males. The few times I did take him on rides was over the winter on a few night rides since I figured I would have the trail to myself and he loved it.

mtbr member
    Beautiful dog! What breed is he?

mtbr member
    OMG this is the best thread I've seen in a long time. It totally put a smile on my face. So many beautiful creatures in one thread

I'm so looking foreward to when I can get a dog on my own.

yeah, uh............bikes
    Might as well post some pics of Dude and Dixie. Dude's the biker, Dixie just can't get over her fear of the wheels.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I have a question for all you who take your dogs riding with you.When I try and take mine out he goes full throttle as soon as we leave and of course runs out of steam pretty fast, so we are only able to go on short rides.Any advice on getting him to take it slow at first.

Just roll it......
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecRider96
    I have a question for all you who take your dogs riding with you.When I try and take mine out he goes full throttle as soon as we leave and of course runs out of steam pretty fast, so we are only able to go on short rides.Any advice on getting him to take it slow at first.
    Good luck with that! Seriously, I don't know many dogs that don't go ape sh*t as soon as a ride starts.....

The best thing you can do is just to take him out more often and start upping his mileage until he gets into better shape. Maybe he's a breed that doesn't have the stamina though.....but you can't really tell unless you start getting him out on longer rides. I really find that if I don't take my dogs on rides for a couple of weeks, they have a drop off in their stamina. Last summer, we got married and went on our honeymoon so they didn't ride for a month and were in horrible riding shape when we got home. No matter how many walks they went on, it's just not the same.

Cheers,
    EB

Rolling
    BikeJoring!

Make him pull you on your bike. That is why I ride with mine, especially on leash. I can't run fast enough to run with them without getting pulled.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by cdahl
    Beautiful dog! What breed is he?

He's a German Shepherd/Siberian Husky mixed breed.

mtbr member
    When I had a trail-running pooch, he was well trained at "heel". Early on, he tried to boogie on by at
    a faster speed, so here's what I did that sounds cruel, but really isn't. I'd take him on a flat,
    easy trail that had high (3 ft) grass off to the sides. If he came up beside me, I'd "crowd" him over
    into the high grass where he was forced to back off on speed. It worked. A couple of attempted
    passes resulting in that type of "issue" for him to contend with? Nope. He was a fast learner.
    Passing no workie. Me back off and heel now. Arf.

Boogie was one smart lab. I had him trained to do goofy stuff like walk backwards up stairs.

15 years old and it was game over.

I also had a very well trained Great Dane though there's no way in h ell I would take him out
    for a trail run! He'd win in the "crowd out" maneuver.
    -- Evil Patrick

My Music

My Videos

Ride everything! Remember, Elvis died pushing.

just ride

dogs

The harrier hound is Tele (as in telemark skiing). She is my brother's dog and can easily do 20 miles of singletrack without getting tired.

Sadie is the younger golden retriever. She is two and can usually get around 4 miles in before she is pooped out.

The pic of two dogs is Jake and Amber. Amber is the older one, she made it to 15 years old, but passed at this past Christmas.

They all love the woods!
    MTBR Disclaimer: I work for Salsa Cycles
    Ride: www.chequamegon100.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Cool thanks for the info , I will start taking him more often.And as far as breed he is a border collie so he was born to run!

Ridin in UT
    FloridaFish - GREAT looking doggies you have there. How many miles is Dude good for? Just curious.

Life is Good

I'm not allowed to take our dog on bike rides, but do these count?
    Get a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live. ~Mark Twain

Ridin in UT
    Foxy Ladies!

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by Judd97

I'm not allowed to take our dog on bike rides, but do these count?
    Are those the pups on the Gothic road near 401 in Crested Butte last year?

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

how do you train a dog to do this?

i love my dogs, but i dont ride with them because ive seen dogs run in front of their owners bike, others bikes, or get lost in the woods going too far ahead or getting distracted by sights and smells that take them far off trail. and what happens when they run thru poison oak?

yeah, uh............bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Side Down
    FloridaFish - GREAT looking doggies you have there. How many miles is Dude good for? Just curious.
    Technically they're my brother's dogs, but I've been they're "roommate" for a few years. Never taken dude riding outside of the neighborhood. He's a good natured dog, but I've seen things that let me know that I won't be able to control him in every situation (nothing bad, but I won't take that chance). There aren't any places around here that would be out of the way enough for me to feel that it's ok to have him along with me on a ride.

Page 3 of 83 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 ... LastLast