Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,100 of 2842
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by crashtestdummy View Post
    Good luck with your dog's ACL. I had my dog get his fixed back in March. It was very difficult for him to not go on bike rides for 5 months, thankfully, my wife usually took him for a walk before I left home with the other dog. He is now back to 100% maniac. We are holding our breath on the other knee.

Same procedure for my Maggy. I'm sure she'll be back to her full-on running form sometime in February. She's worth the wait.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ragetty View Post
    so what have your dogs been doing to develop these injuries?

(just curious and, as mine covers a lot of different ground, as an aid to injury prevention ... the more details, the better)
    Nothing out of the ordinary, alittle running around. Nothing special. You know, it is just like any person, you have basic couch potatoes who get torn shoulders doing nothing but office work, and you have some lucky athletes riding bikes who have never had a broken bone or strain.

NMBP
    Quote Originally Posted by ragetty View Post
    so what have your dogs been doing to develop these injuries?

(just curious and, as mine covers a lot of different ground, as an aid to injury prevention ... the more details, the better)
    My vet says that some dogs are just more susceptible to ACL injuries than others. If your dog does damage the ACL, there is up to a 60% chance that it will damage the other.

When they do this type of repair, they cut the bone in a semi circle, then rotate it and add the plate. It creates more of a ledge for the upper bone to sit on.

My dog is a total maniac on the trail. On open trails with sagebrush or creosote, he runs off the trail and jumps or dodges the bushes. He was not on a bike ride when he damaged his leg. He jumped off of a 2' tall retaining wall and his left leg hit a mow strip that was buried in the snow.
    Riding Fat and still just as fast as I never was.

mtbr member
    My lab has always been very active. Always biking, hiking, snowshoeing, x-country skiing...etc... with us. After going for a swim in a river, she climbed up a rocky, slippery very steep hill and when she got to the top, she was limping badly...

mtbr member
    ok, thx!!

I ride bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by honns View Post
    Is that a Rhodesian Ridgeback?
    He is a Vizsla. Otherwise known as a Hungarian Vizsla or Magyar Vizsla.

Downhill mountain biking at The Lookout (Swinley Forest) with Amber the Downhill Dog filmed on GoPro - YouTube

NMBP
    Dogs with a passion for the shade.

mtbr member
    Good boy looking after his master's tool

Dogs with Passion-photo-1.jpgDogs with Passion-photo-2.jpg

mtbr member

Mrs. Bigfoot & macgregor

Dogs with Passion-kathymac7.jpg

Mac loves to go along on mountain bike rides. If we ride without him we have to sneak out. Once he sees either of us in a bike helmet he stations himself by the front door!
    "Yeah, Humboldt County is way the %#@* up there, but worth it!"

nOOb
    May 2008
    Dogs are prone to sports injuries just like humans. Especially when it is a mixed breed and it may have some genes that cause less than desirable effects along with the pluses. Dogs also need rest and they need to gradually ramp up their effort for best results just like a fat guy getting off the couch. Dogs may not be suited for the activity they are being asked or encouraged to do, not all dogs make suitable running companions for example, it may tear their legs up to run 10 miles off road if it's a heavier working breed.

Many dogs do make great running and mountain biking companions, and once conditioned they can go all day long. We have a mutt (1/2 shepherd 1/2 Shetland sheepdog) that just tore the acl on his left leg, and tore the patella tendon on his right when he jumped off of a bank of a dried river bed into the sand, running out in the woods with me. With mutts you never know exactly what traits it will inherit, it appears our mutt inherited bad knees.

Anyway, I had to carry his 60 lb butt about 1.2 miles out of the woods across my shoulders, he couldn't walk. Heck of a workout, I was soaked in sweat by the time I got to the car, and I had to stop a few times to set him down and rest. I had our other 3 dogs with me, and I'm glad it wasn't our shepherd that went down, he weighs about 106 lbs.

It will be a while before he's up and running again, much less mountain biking or trail running with me. But we're in the same boat, I'm trying to get over an IT band issue that's been keeping me down, so we will recover together.

I'm fortunate the the gf is a vet, so she is of course doing everything on her part for free, and the surgeon that will do the surgery will do so for cost.

My poor little guy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dogs with Passion-bachardi.jpg  

NMBP
    Quote Originally Posted by nOOky View Post
    Anyway, I had to carry his 60 lb butt about 1.2 miles out of the woods across my shoulders, he couldn't walk. Heck of a workout, I was soaked in sweat by the time I got to the car, and I had to stop a few times to set him down and rest. I had our other 3 dogs with me, and I'm glad it wasn't our shepherd that went down, he weighs about 106 lbs.
    Good luck with the dog. It will be difficult for both of you.

I worry about having to pack out an injured dog. I did it once with a rattle snake bitten Cocker once, and it wasn't easy.

I have thought about making an emergency bike sling to carry an injured dog on. The sling would attach to the ends of the handlebars, and then to the seat or seatpost. If you could keep it tight, I think you could push your bike while balancing the dog on the sling. Patents pending.

mtbr member
    Meet Zara our 8 month old GSP, she has just started coming out on the trail with me and loves it.
    Dogs with Passion-img_20130831_072621-large-.jpg
    Dogs with Passion-img_20131101_175141-large-.jpg

Also a video of her in action.
    2014 Trek Slash 8
    2017 Trek Slash 9.9 RSL
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MEfLAZIWAU-My Trail Dog

mtbr member

Re: Dogs with Passion

Great video. Great dog.

mtbr member
    Zara has some serious passion.

I ride bikes
    That is what my Vizsla looks like when we go riding. It's the best. Also, GSPs look weird without a cropped tail. Beautiful dog! She looks like she is having a blast!

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by FLN75S View Post
    Meet Zara our 8 month old GSP, she has just started coming out on the trail with me and loves it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130831_072621 (Large).jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	844277

Name:	IMG_20131101_175141 (Large).jpg 
Views:	301 
Size:	290.4 KB 
ID:	844278

Also a video of her in action.
    Oh man this makes me miss my Dixie girl. We had a GSP rescue that could scoot like nobody's business. Ours had the tail intact too... Is Zara's like a whip? lol

Thanks for the smile.

mtbr member
    My boy, Leon on a trip to Gooseberry Mesa we took in September. Love looking at all the pictures!

Dogs with Passion-image.jpg

mtbr member
    Hehe, when I was a kid, I had a knack for finding nicknames for dogs. We had some family friends with a GSP, and he was a hunting dog. They had his tail cropped as a puppy, and I asked them why (I never understood why you would mutilate dogs with cropping of ears and tails...). They just kind of hemmed and hawed about asthetics, and how it is better when hunting so his tail doesn't rustle the bushes, and such. I was petting him, a goofy, lovable, hyperactive, dope of a dog, scratching at the base of the tail while they told me this. I looked at the all chocolate brown stub and told them 'It looks like a giant poo'.

Bam.

From that point forward, he was 'Pooie'. Dog loved the nickname.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the comments, she really does have some serious Passion for the trails and its a great way to use up some of her crazy energy. I was expecting it to be a lot harder to get her to come along with me but she was a natural and as soon as it goes into single track she doesn't want to stop. Best thing about my local trail is there is always water close by and she loves to swim so its straight in the water after a run.

Yea in NSW (Aus) it's illegal to crop the tail, i can see why they did its a weapon when she gets excited haha.
    2014 Trek Slash 8
    2017 Trek Slash 9.9 RSL
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MEfLAZIWAU-My Trail Dog

NMBP
    I have a Border Collie/Aussie that has a docked tail. She tends to freak out other dogs because of the way she hunches down, and with no tail, the dogs can't read her intentions. Tails shouldn't be docked, ears shouldn't be cropped.

I tell my grand kids that the tail cost extra, so I didn't get one.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008

Link broken-fixing it

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Just put this together for our vet and pet rescue as a donation. So much fun to ride with my bud!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/pCRHi-n8KOQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    I got more bikes than skills, son!

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikemaya View Post
    Hehe, when I was a kid, I had a knack for finding nicknames for dogs. We had some family friends with a GSP, and he was a hunting dog. They had his tail cropped as a puppy, and I asked them why (I never understood why you would mutilate dogs with cropping of ears and tails...). They just kind of hemmed and hawed about asthetics, and how it is better when hunting so his tail doesn't rustle the bushes, and such. I was petting him, a goofy, lovable, hyperactive, dope of a dog, scratching at the base of the tail while they told me this. I looked at the all chocolate brown stub and told them 'It looks like a giant poo'.

Bam.

From that point forward, he was 'Pooie'. Dog loved the nickname.
    They dock the tails on hunting breeds for a good reason....when there on the hunt there so jacked up that dogs have died by getting there tail stuck and ripping it off they will just run and run till they bleed out....

mtbr member
    Yesterday with my silver ghost:

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Nice!this is just like My dog Griffin, we rescued him from a high kill shelter 2 years ago brought him up to NH from NC. It took a little over a year to get him to a point where he was able to go off leash, but since then he has been the best trail buddy, and he is the best addition to our family.

I think I posted this awhile back but here it is again

Quote Originally Posted by fauxfreeride View Post
    Just put this together for our vet and pet rescue as a donation. So much fun to ride with my bud!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/pCRHi-n8KOQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mtbr member
    Old but still at it! (Both of us)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dogs with Passion-2013-11-11-13.20.56c.jpg  

2010 Trek Rumblefish
    2013 Trek Cobia

mtbr member

Hey boy!

"Who wants to go up the trail? Ready boy? Huh, are you ready?!"

Dogs with Passion-1454935_10202428051088822_924620632_n.jpg

The Bento Box on the toptube is for Mac's liver treats. If I ring my trail bell he knows he gets one and comes running...which is real handy when he wanders off of the trail to go 'vestigate stuff.

mtbr member
    Our trigger phrase is "bike ride". He goes nuts. Very good on the trails and will heel behind bike. Will also stop and back up off the trail. If he gets in front you simply call go, go, go and he takes off.

He loves KT

http://www.youtube.com/embed/CaDFC6QjE0g?vq=hd720

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Is he a Rotty Swiss mix? Good looking pup!

Quote Originally Posted by simple78 View Post
    Nice!this is just like My dog Griffin, we rescued him from a high kill shelter 2 years ago brought him up to NH from NC. It took a little over a year to get him to a point where he was able to go off leash, but since then he has been the best trail buddy, and he is the best addition to our family.

I think I posted this awhile back but here it is again
    I got more bikes than skills, son!

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by fauxfreeride View Post
    Is he a Rotty Swiss mix? Good looking pup!
    Thanks, We don't really know. We gave up trying to figure it out didn't think the dna test is worth it. We were told when we got him Aussie/border collie mix, there was a couple breeds we came across that fit his appearance and temperment such as Hovawart and English Shepard. Some people say maybe some sort of mountain dog mix. But he is perfect whatever he is

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Season, we don't have no stinking season!

Dogs with Passion-038.jpg

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    I love dogs! Best thread on mtbr.

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Let's go dad!!!
    He get's a bit anxious to continue on after a rest.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Quote Originally Posted by NDD View Post
    Dude, I'm in Illinois. The only place anyone would come from that would say this area is hilly is Kansas.

mtbr member
    My golden Max!

I ride bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Pressure View Post
    Season, we don't have no stinking season!

Name:	038.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	161.6 KB 
ID:	848539
    Those are some burly Vizlas! I need a fatbike so i can take my dogs in the snow!

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot View Post
    The Bento Box on the toptube is for Mac's liver treats. If I ring my trail bell he knows he gets one and comes running...which is real handy when he wanders off of the trail to go 'vestigate stuff.
    That is brilliant. Perfect for recall. What kind of treat pouch is that, does it have a flap?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by donkeykong0 View Post
    That is brilliant. Perfect for recall. What kind of treat pouch is that, does it have a flap?
    Yeah, it has a Velcro flap. I've had it for years and don't actually remember which bike shop I bought it from. I've seen others though, it shouldn't be too hard to find one like it. They're more popular with Triathletes...those folks use 'em for their mid-race snacks, so maybe try a Tri oriented shop.

mtbr member
    Time wounds all heels...

NMBP
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostRing View Post
    Following too close?

mtbr member
    Haha! a little bit...she was having a blast though!
    Time wounds all heels...

NMBP
    The gang on the ride today.

mtbr member

Loving the winter rides

Dogs with Passion-dscn3668.jpgDogs with Passion-dscn3666.jpg

He loves riding in the winter because he can keep up with me downhill. He did 14 miles and 2500 feet with me today.

I ride bikes
    My favorite riding buddy.

All winter long:
    Dogs with Passion-20140222_105949.jpg
    Lets go ride!
    Dogs with Passion-20140324_172822.jpg
    Bird?
    Dogs with Passion-20140324_170101.jpg
    Why did we stop for pictures?
    Dogs with Passion-20140402_182920.jpg
    Time for a drink from the camelback
    Dogs with Passion-20140324_165622.jpg

mtbr member
    That is a very nice looking dog you got there especially in pic #3. What breed is that and where is that trail?
    If you want a high VO2 max, choose your parents carefully.

I ride bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Putt4Dough View Post
    That is a very nice looking dog you got there especially in pic #3. What breed is that and where is that trail?
    He is a Hungarian Vizsla. Its a pretty big trail system close to my house called Riverside State Park. Spokane, WA.

mtbr member

My Golden Retriever Otis. Did 8.5 miles yesterday and still wanted to play ball later.

Sent from my LT30at using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dogs with Passion-uploadfromtaptalk1396712120064.jpg  

Dogs with Passion-uploadfromtaptalk1396712141339.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Dogs with Passion-100_8158.jpgDogs with Passion-100_8144.jpg
    13 miles with Cody yesterday on the Missouri river.

mtbr member
    time to go...and after we got back. Why am I dusted and Buster's not even breathing hard
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dogs with Passion-dsc01722.jpg  

Dogs with Passion-dsc01505.jpg  

Dogs with Passion-dsc01510.jpg  

2014 Nail Trail 29...

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Ziva adores biking, you have to trick her off her bed when walk time comes but if theres a bike involved she'll block the back gate so you cant possibly go without her. She is such a flipflop natured dog, the fittest lazy dog there ever was! Once you get her home all she does is sleep, she'd gladly sleep allllllllll day long.

NMBP
    The Kids

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mkirby258 View Post
    Introducing our new puppy Finn! We have had him for about 3 weeks now. He is an 11 week old Super Mutt! The shelter guesses the litter was some type of weimaraner mix. He is a great dog so far! Very smart with his training! Stays with us off leash on the local trails (walking). I am super excited about potentially having my first trail dog!

Picture from the shelter

The day we got home

Park Time!

Trail Time!

Here are some updated pictures of Finn. He is turning into a pretty good trail buddy... although his puppy side still rises to the surface sometimes...

MTBR Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mkirby258 View Post
    Here are some updated pictures of Finn. He is turning into a pretty good trail buddy... although his puppy side still rises to the surface sometimes...
    Cool trail dog. I don't think I could keep mine out of Bolin creek without his leash on. Maybe I'll see y'all out at CNF some time.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ncfisherman View Post
    Cool trail dog. I don't think I could keep mine out of Bolin creek without his leash on. Maybe I'll see y'all out at CNF some time.

He usually stays leashed in CNF. Too many runners/dogs to play with.

See you on the trails!

~Kirby

mtbr member
    My dog would pass out a quarter way into our ride. I try to take him running, but he slows down fast. Whats strange is the little turd can play fetch all day long.

mtbr member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhyCgPd-ej0

goto 1:35 to see the dog!

Black lab/border collie mix, runs all day. Takes water from the camelbak. I try to ride dog friendly trail as much as possible.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    All the dogs I've seen so far in this thread are pretty big dogs. I borrowed (dog-sitting for a friend ) a toy poodle and she did surprisingly well.

Dogs with Passion-coco-running.jpg

After running a couple miles she was still happy to play with a stick!

Dogs with Passion-img_1766.jpg
    Dogs with Passion-img_1779.jpg

NMBP

mtbr member
    It was so warm one evening that I decided to take Baron to his favorite spot during the evening. I took a few pictures with my phone and was surprised how nice they turned out.

Dogs with Passion-baron_dusk_sm-2.jpgDogs with Passion-baron_water.jpg

mtbr member
    Not MTB, but still sports w/dogs.

Dog seems terrified to me on the rope, and then just wants out at the end.

Passion or fail?

Intense Spider29 / Motobecane FlyTi29

mtbr member
    Don't take your dog base jumping. WTF? Sorry, I can't get behind that.

mtbr member
    Yeah hard to imagine the dog was a willing participant really, not cool IMO...

mtbr member
    Yeah, my wife showed me that yesterday. Not cool. It's no wonder the dog is excited at the end, because it thought it was going to die. Our dog just did her first flight in a cargohold, and I felt bad enough about that.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Dean S. Potter » When Dogs Fly: Philosophy, History and Safety

Dean Potter talking about base jumping with his dog.

I ride bikes
    Dogs don't need massive amounts of adrenaline to enjoy life like some humans need. They need food, water, attention, and exercise.

mtbr member
    I'm not actually worried that the dog is going to die. But I think "Herding is really scary! Fido likes herding, so why wouldn't Fido like basejumping?" is a pretty stupid justification.

mtbr member
    Not that impressed about having to stop and pose for a photo...
    Dogs with Passion-imag1762-large-.jpg

NMBP
    A Passion for the Shade

Clueless Bastard
    Quote Originally Posted by David R View Post
    Not that impressed about having to stop and pose for a photo...
    That photo is hilarious...

I ride bikes
    Near the end of our ride yesterday. He was hot and super tired.

Dogs with Passion-20140612_165813_resized.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Dogs with Passion-cassidy_bike1.jpgDogs with Passion-cassidy_moreau.jpgDogs with Passion-cassidy_tongue.jpg

Our Australian Cattle Dog, Cassidy, loves to mountain bike!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by moefosho View Post
    Near the end of our ride yesterday. He was hot and super tired.
    A tired V?!?! Sometimes I think I've tired ours out, but by the time we get home she's running in circles again...

I ride bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by David R View Post
    A tired V?!?! Sometimes I think I've tired ours out, but by the time we get home she's running in circles again...
    I think it was due to the heat. We had rode that far during the spring and he was fine. But when he got home, he was ready to play more.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripes View Post
    I love my dogs, but I can't take them on the trail (the male dachshund Shadow probably couldn't keep up, that, and he's losing his vision), and Bear (the female Rhodesian Ridgeback/Dachshund mix) likes to herd me on my bike when I'm test riding in the backyard. But here are pics anyway

aww... I googled Rhodesian Boxer mix to show someone the comparison between my Stella and others when I came across Bear. My Stella looks a lot like Bear and wears the same dancing bear collar.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Ridgebacks are generally considered prefect mtn bike dogs. So don't be too pessimistic about Bear. Maybe take her out on a tuesday morning at a safe (for dogs that don't know what they are doing around mtn bikes) trail area and test Bear out. You might be pleasantly surprised. Dogs loving running with the Pack! Bring a friend or two along that knows what the plan is as well (if they have a trail dog, even better), helps to create a pack.
    "I think it's rad, when Balls beats Natural talent" - Shaun Palmer

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Six Pack View Post
    Indy is a German Shepherd and he runs trail like it's his job. If I say "ride" or "bike", he goes crazy. If I touch my bike, he runs to the front door and waits.

To the dog haters out there...
    Indy is trained to run right behind my bike and as long as you leave him alone, he probably won't even pay any attention to you because he is too busy doing his job. He has never caused anyone any problems on the trail. AND I haven't had issues with anyone else's dogs when I ride.

To the dog owners out there...
    Show respect to others by making sure your dog is properly trained. Riding buddies, other trail users and even YOUR DOG will respect you more. Use your head. Leave the pooch at home when you know it is the right thing to do.

I wish I really could be as wonderful as my dog thinks I am.
    Love German Shepherds.
    Would get one tomorrow but a family member is allergic.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnryder56 View Post
    Ridgebacks are generally considered prefect mtn bike dogs. So don't be too pessimistic about Bear. Maybe take her out on a tuesday morning at a safe (for dogs that don't know what they are doing around mtn bikes) trail area and test Bear out. You might be pleasantly surprised. Dogs loving running with the Pack! Bring a friend or two along that knows what the plan is as well (if they have a trail dog, even better), helps to create a pack.
    Yep! They're fast, and have great stamina. My border collie tries to herd me when I ride in the back yard, too, but once I get him out from behind the fence he just wants to run. Doesn't have a ton of long stamina, though. I get skittish about anything longer than 10 miles in ideal conditions.

mtbr member
    border collies are however supposed to have exceptional stamina - made to run the fells all day long herding sheep.

mine seems to be no exception, but she also needs to be entertained - just riding out on fire roads at a constant 15+ km/hr and with no play stops quickly becomes boring for her and she visibly looses interest. change to single trails with play stops and swimming opportunities every 3 to 5 km and she'll run 40km (on soft woodland floor, mostly out front).

on steep and rocky terrain, as here in the alps, we do shorter 25km routes in order to help protect joints and paws - although (typical border collie) she would go further if i let her. all routes are thus lots of riding up (steep and slow) with trails back down (so fast but with frequent pauses), and she gets to drink and/or swim at every opportunity.

we've been doing this for 3 years, and so far so good.

Moderator Moderator
    Me and Keeper at Millstone (VT)

<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/ToMjGpAj6eWGPq0JMty" width="500" height="375" frameBorder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>

mtbr member
    Dogs with Passion-photo-2-.jpg

My dog Luna after ascending Welch Mountain in Thornton NH. Never misses a ride!
    All good things in all good time

mtbr member
    I would be curious to know if there actually exists any Anglo-American mountain bikers that don't have a dog ??

Im thinking that animal is very rare

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MtbAZ44 View Post
    I would be curious to know if there actually exists any Anglo-American mountain bikers that don't have a dog ??

Im thinking that animal is very rare
    None of the guys I ride with own dogs. I think I'm the only one that wants a dog, but I'm not Anglo

Clueless Bastard

Love this thread....

Many breeds are good trail dogs, some are exceptional. But as "lets go out for an adventure" trail buddy, there is no one better. My Chessie loved it. She was never particularly fast, but if it was slow and technical terrain and moderate temp, she seemed to love the run. Even though she's no longer with me, man, do I cherish those memories.

Dogs with Passion-kur-spookaloo.jpg

IH, HYHT.

Lab down

Chancey couldn't run with the bike because she liked to run into the front tire. She had passion and everyday was Christmas morning. We put her down tonight and it was pretty dang sad for everyone.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dogs with Passion-chancey.jpg  

The most expensive bike in the world is still cheaper than the cheapest open heart surgery.

NMBP
    Quote Originally Posted by Forster View Post
    Chancey couldn't run with the bike because she liked to run into the front tire. She had passion and everyday was Christmas morning. We put her down tonight and it was pretty dang sad for everyone.
    Sorry for your loss, it's the worst part of having pets.

I have been going through photos of long gone pets, and it's still difficult.

IH, HYHT.

Really, I think it's part of the reason we get enjoyment out of them though. If they lasted forever we wouldn't cherish them as much while they're here. Because every pet comes as a close-ended proposition and we know the average life-span, I think we make the most of the time we have. I know I always look back and wonder where I could have been a better owner to my pet (had more quality time, better hunting opportunities or whatever). Thanks for the note
    The most expensive bike in the world is still cheaper than the cheapest open heart surgery.

mtbr member

I'll raise a post-ride pint to that tonight!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by falconpunch79 View Post
    None of the guys I ride with own dogs. I think I'm the only one that wants a dog, but I'm not Anglo

interesting... it seems like I am the only white boy in Arizona that doens't own a dog..

IH, HYHT.
    Quote Originally Posted by kragu View Post
    I'll raise a post-ride pint to that tonight!
    Me too.

mtbr member
    He may not be the fastest one out there but he loves to ride with me. He can pull off about a good 6 miles with me. Half lab half dauchshound. Basically a miniature lab. Here we are pulling off a little urban assault in Napa.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dogs with Passion-0822141945d.jpg  

NMBP

I ride bikes
    I am going to see if my pup can break the 10 mile mark with me this evening. He has plenty of energy to burn.

Dogs with Passion-photogrid_1408900809430.jpg

mtbr member
    If he's anything like ours he won't even be tired by the time you get home...

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Forster View Post
    Really, I think it's part of the reason we get enjoyment out of them though. If they lasted forever we wouldn't cherish them as much while they're here. Because every pet comes as a close-ended proposition and we know the average life-span, I think we make the most of the time we have. I know I always look back and wonder where I could have been a better owner to my pet (had more quality time, better hunting opportunities or whatever). Thanks for the note
    I have been staying away from this thread due to losing my best friend 2 weeks ago.
    Sure enough reading these stories brings tears.
    Glad i have read now,it does heal......Some

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by targeezer View Post
    I have been staying away from this thread due to losing my best friend 2 weeks ago.
    Sure enough reading these stories brings tears.
    Glad i have read now,it does heal......Some
    Sorry to hear about your loss. I know that feeling of losing a pet which is why it took me 10 years to get another dog. Its tough, but I tell myself that I won't have my dog for a long period of time and just try to make the most of the time I do have with him. To make sure he having the best life and thats he's unconditionally loved.

Dogs with Passion-baron25.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Hot but happy puppy.
    If you have sex in a car with airbags....does that count as safe sex???

mtbr member

Jasper on Ben Lomond

Dogs with Passion-dscn4090.jpgDogs with Passion-dscn4091.jpgDogs with Passion-dscn4093.jpgDogs with Passion-dscn4105.jpg

I don't take my camera on rides very often, but was working on a trail documentation project, so had to take a few pics of my pup while on the ride. This one was about 26 miles and 7000ft. He did great.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    River monster/happy cooled off dog.
    If you have sex in a car with airbags....does that count as safe sex???

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakester View Post
    Sorry to hear about your loss. I know that feeling of losing a pet which is why it took me 10 years to get another dog. Its tough, but I tell myself that I won't have my dog for a long period of time and just try to make the most of the time I do have with him. To make sure he having the best life and thats he's unconditionally loved.

Name:	baron25.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	377.8 KB 
ID:	923987
    This is for great dog owners who think they should wait to get another dog.......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dogs with Passion-65439_10153953960390193_163396443_n.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Pretty incredible how much passion i see on this site,about more than just bikes.
    Biking being an individual sport, well...... i could see it being different.
    Nice place to hang out.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Members who have read this thread: 270