Page 15 of 89 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 65 ... LastLast
    mtbr member

Buddy

Supposedly Buddy is a Pitbull-Beagle mix, but this is left unconfirmed. He does have the jaw of one and the ears of the other...

Despite countless occasions with him on the trails here in the NW, Buddy has yet to be documented in action. The time will come, the time will come. In the meantime, apply imaginations deliberately.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    May 2008
    BIKE PICS 047.jpg
    Future trail dog

BLS439
    I did it...not named yet but she's 12 weeks of fun and energy!

I take pictures...

just along for the ride
    Dogs are gud

mtbr member
    I love taking my dog on the trails. He loves it too. What's weird is when I ride around my front yard he goes nuts trying to herd my bike, but as soon as we hit hte trails he sticks to the trails. He even knows my prefered routes and leads by about 20ft or so. Once I get a helmet came I'll get a vid of him going down some super twisty and fast downhill sections. He'll go full tilt.

I do have on a pretty good verbel leash. A whistle or clicking noise I can make with my mouth can stop him from doing anything. If I say "Go" he moves faster and if I say "Keep moving" he'll go right past any dog that is on the trail.

Now I know a lot of people complain about dogs on the trails. But often those seem to be the same people who I think would only consider a trail "Good" if someone took a paver through there and painted it like dirt to make themselves feel outdoorsy but not suffer the roots, rocks, or dirt that comes with the territory. And I've had more close calls with unleashed deer than I have unleashed dogs. Infact I got bit by a walker's leashed dog while riding a few months back. Which makes it pretty clear that we need to leash the walkers.

Break time
    Riley taking a break
    Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.
    P. J. O'Rourke

Brass Nipples!
    Holly was our best trail dog, now she's gone to doggy heaven.

Buddy and Buster are our two dogs now, but they mostly get walked. It looks like they're trying to kill each other, but they are just playing. Buster sleeps funny.

The last picture is of a Visla mix a friend owns. She's definitely got bike passion.
    {Principal Skinner} Hmm. Whoever did this is in very deep trouble.
    {Martin} And a sloppy speller too. The preferred spelling of 'wiener' is w - i - e - n - e - r, although 'e - i' is an acceptable ethnic variant.

MTB B'dos
    Ah Bob, you give me hope for my little short legged friend So far the furthest I've taken him is about 3 miles, but planning on soon extending that to about 4.5-5 miles. I make sure and give him 3 or 4 rests on the trip out and same on the way back and he seems fine, BUT, not sure why, but when we're out on the trail he doesn't seem to want to drink, any time I pull the water bottle for him he scoots away. The bottle is basically for him since I don't need water for the easy 3 miles I take him on and he drinks from it fine when out other places, but for some reason just doesn't on the trail running I think maybe he gets water from all the pools/puddles he splashes in
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

Powered by Veggies
    Not my dog, but I love riding with Luda, and he loves the jumps

plasma donor

More Dog passion

Had a warm spell the last few days. Went from 10 degrees to 45 degrees, to 60 degrees, just like that. Went from having snow up to my hubs, to mud. So I took the dog out.

Discovered some blockage

Forgot how nice it is to have Mans Best Friend out on the trail with me. But it hasn't been dog-friendly outside for months now;

mtbr member
    This is an epic thread!!! I've been looking through it and have been loving it to death.

I really couldn't imagine going through life without a dog. They are just damn awesome animals. Not owning a dog could only leave one empty cause they are really good creatures.

Unfortunately out here in the southeast dogs on trails don't get a warm reception. I don't care though and will keep on rocking my dog out no matter what. No way, no matter how fit I get, I can't go on a 10-15mile run. My dog does that with me on my mountain bike hauling balls without it even phasing him.
    Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.
    P. J. O'Rourke

Slow, Fat and Old
    Aug 2008
    My pup just got his own facebook page:

http://apps.facebook.com/dogbook/profile/view/5908878

He is better with computers than I am

trail fairy
    Great to see the Dogs still trucking along!

We started an obediance class a few weeks ago and having lots of fun meeting new dogs and owners!

We got out on the trails in the weekend he had a few DH runs,me walking him running and swimming in the creek hes a fish/otter loves the water especially since its so warm here at mo! some pics!

Theres a DH track in here somewhere, its a hot day 30 plus celcius and 100% humidity

4C Compound is hooking up great in the corners

A hot Maxxis, still wet from the creek

Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

mtbr member

Trait Loves to Run

Adopted the little guy from the Oregon Humane Society, he had major problems with attitude and hanging around. We slowly introduced him to trail riding, and he is now perfect. He is only 24 pounds and all Jack Russell Terrorist. He has run 31 miles, some walking in there, and does not seem to ever get tired. Now anytime he sees the bike or the biking shorts he goes ape*@#!. This is him chasing me down the Siouxan Trail in SW Washington.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/...ctid9437366001

MTB B'dos
    Hey TA, that pup of your sure is growing fast Looks like the makings of a great trail companion.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by subydoo
    Adopted the little guy from the Oregon Humane Society, he had major problems with attitude and hanging around. We slowly introduced him to trail riding, and he is now perfect. He is only 24 pounds and all Jack Russell Terrorist. He has run 31 miles, some walking in there, and does not seem to ever get tired. Now anytime he sees the bike or the biking shorts he goes ape*@#!. This is him chasing me down the Siouxan Trail in SW Washington.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/...ctid9437366001
    Reminds me of my dog with the bell. That's a DPS (Dog Positioning System). Your dog has more cowbell though!

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Love this thread. Keep it coming. Can some of you PM me some training tips on how to get my 5month old Belgian Malinois started as a trail dog? I don't have him off leash yet so tips on that are appreciated as well. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 92SE-R
    Love this thread. Keep it coming. Can some of you PM me some training tips on how to get my 5month old Belgian Malinois started as a trail dog? I don't have him off leash yet so tips on that are appreciated as well. Thanks!
    Well the best tip I can give is to have your dog extremely disciplined. You need him on a strong verbal leash. I just have to whistle and my dog stops to look behind to see what I want. Even though he is a border collie and wants to chase anything that takes off, (Deer, Rabbits, Squirles, etc) I just have to whistle and he'll stop right in his tracks. Spend all the time in the world with your dog. Let him sleep in your bed, go on car rides, etc. Take him to dog parks and practice keeping him disciplined out there. Basically you want him to associate being with you as FUN and they'll go into hell with you without a second thought. Plus they'll do whatever they can to make you happy to keep that happy life htey have. Dogs are great and truly man's best friend if you treat them right.

The running aspect. If you can outlast your dog, then you could probably ride the entire Tour De France without stopping and have no business wasting your awesomeness here.
    P. J. O'Rourke

HTFU and Ride
    man, what a great thread! my wife and i are buying a house this spring and look forward to getting a doggie to train to ride with us
    Winter is coming.

mtbr member

DPS thats a good one

The little guy likes to wander when we stop, He definitely has more energy than me. If we try to sneak off, here comes the bell.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Best Thread ever

Keep this thread alive.
    Everyone has some great looking dogs.
    I am hoping to get Zinzan out on some rides this season as he will be two and ready to go running (Rottweiler's need to wait to their bodies mature).
    Here are a few pics.
    The first one is me and the missus taking him skiing.
    Second and third are when he is hanging with his girlfriend. My parents rescued her from a puppy mill. She had many litters but no more. She is such a sweety.
    The fourth picture was the day we brought him home with stops at a mountain bike race (he learned to drink from a camel back on Day 1) and then to a rugby game.
    The last three are when he is calm. We needed to act quickly to get those!
    We have brought him snow shoeing this year which he loved.
    Can you tell I love him!

Eric

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebmiller@gmail.com
    My pup just got his own facebook page:

http://apps.facebook.com/dogbook/profile/view/5908878

He is better with computers than I am
    My dog set himself up a myspace. Apparently he's a little myspace ho. You ought to see all the "*****es" on his page.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endID=42452850
    P. J. O'Rourke

Is my rear tire flat?

Molly, our 7 month old Catahoula Leaopard mix........

Not a mountain biking dog yet, but she loves to hike with us. Her are some pictures, she is a little bit bigger now....

Last edited by dlbennett; 02-19-2009 at 11:58 AM. Reason: more pics....
    Now residing 5 miles from the Idaho WA border in life lovely Liberty Lake.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Very beautiful animals everyone! Thanks for the pics and keep them coming!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    This is Tsali, he's a 5 year old French Brittany. My past riding buddies were Pointers. Gotta love bird dogs, they can run forever and typically have no aggression.
    c

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    I just went through all 15 pages and I'm left with a big smile. Thanks!

Page 15 of 89 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 65 ... LastLast