Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mtbr member
    So, I don't keep it in my living room, but I told the wife I had to go out to the garage the other day and she was like "why"? I was silent and she said.... "oh, you're gonna go be with your bikes." lol yep

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    The only time my bike leaves the living room is when I go ride.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    My house has a big mud room, so all the bikes live in there with all the associated gear (clothing, helmets, shoes, tools, etc). Yesterday I "rode" my road bike through the kitchen and living and out the front door when I was heading out on a ride. I'm pretty sure my neighbors think I'm nuts... but no way are my bikes living outside or in my garage!

Wanderer
    My 3 bikes live in the living room parked next to the front door.

I've got a nice little spot for them.

Thread Terrorist
    This thread is full of win.
    My bikes have their own room and also a spot in the garage.
    Golden Bike Park Group

Peak Cycles Gravity Team & Bikeparts.com
    Trestle Bike Park

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    My beast spends the warm summers in the garage and cold winters in the basement talking **** to all the other sports equipment I don't use. haha

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I thought I was the only one.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    my living room has 4 bikes in it right now...

mtbr member
    we have 3 roadies parked in the dining room...because, who dines in the dining room? I've got mine broke down on the dining room table right now, while I'm waiting for my new wheels to be built

the MTBs have to live in the garage, as I'm not very good about cleaning my bike after a ride...wife won't allow me to track dirt and mud through the house. That is where she draws the line.

NeedGod.com
    My bike is out in the garage and that's where it's staying. It's always really dirty, even if I clean it. Also I don't want it falling over on the kids or getting dirt on my new carpet. I guess I'm an abusive owner because all I want to do is take my bike out and ride it as hard as I can. Some might call that abuse. I call it tough love.
    Nathan

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I'm sure you meant to say "do you ever move your bike out of the living room?"

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I used to have my bikes in the living room until I got married and have a son. Son's toys is all over the living room and no longer suitable place for my bikes. I have the garage and my bike shop in the basement for my bikes.

mtbr member
    Hmmm, not really enough space in my living room although I used to keep my bike in my apartment living room back in the 80s when I lived in a complex.

mtbr member
    Mine stays in the garage where I spend every night starting at it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I tell my wife I need to bring my bike into the house when its hot because the Stan's sealant will dry up. After about a week or so, she says get that thing out of here already!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by treilley View Post
    Hmmm, not really enough space in my living room although I used to keep my bike in my apartment living room back in the 80s when I lived in a complex.

Boat?

I plan to buy a sailboat and live in it when I retire

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Pirate View Post
    Boat?

I plan to buy a sailboat and live in it when I retire
    Yup. Why wait? My wife and I live for today in case there is a bus with our names on it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Mine used to stay in the living room full time but I've since moved it to the bedroom. Didn't like all the attention it was getting downstairs when we'd have parties.
    13 Trek Superfly100 AL Elite
    06 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc

Rogue Exterminator
    Mine is stored in the living room.
    It is either that or outside

mtbr member
    I keep my bike inside my dorm living room...it's too beautiful to leave outside on a dirty community bike rack.
    "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." Galatians 6:9

Master Shredder
    Quote Originally Posted by sbsbiker View Post
    The bikes I ride stay in the garage, they are always dirty.
    This, I don't like washing my bike all the time. But if it magically stayed clean I would probably sleep with it too...then again I like it dirty anyways...
    "Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads." -Back to the Future

mtbr member
    I could hang my bikes on the walls in place of a TV and sit

I eat cats
    It's there until I convert our downstairs spare bedroom into more of a utility/storage room.. already got the green light from my wife to get rid of the queen bed down there that gets used maybe 5 nights a year and replace it with a small futon. Our laundry machines are already in a utility closet down there so makes sense to me!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Do you ever move your bike to the living room-dsc00786.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by CannondaleF9 View Post
    You see, I don't have a single brand name in my signature because I know most bike brands and component brands 99%.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I usually have one in the living room that I'm tinkering with but it does distract my attention while watching TV. The other 7 bikes stay in the garage but a couple of them get alternated to the living room every now and then. I've also learned it's not a good idea to try to ride up the stairs after a few beverages. Luckily, my chic is cool with all the bikes. Hell, she even slept with one of them. I guess she likes carbon too, lol!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Do you ever move your bike to the living room-blur-ltc.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    YES!!!!! and then i get told i'm being ridiculous for bringing it inside instead of leaving it in the dark damp lonely garage where its all alone and could get stolen even though i have a lock on the garage door and a extra bar just in case they get the door unlocked.
    If you have sex in a car with airbags....does that count as safe sex???

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast