mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Just a few more....

hope you enjoyed the pics!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

A different view

We headed out Friday afternoon to a place nearby that is popular for winter riding. This time we followed some interesting trials trails. The moto trials guys have a great network - all official on BLM land. The loops consist of entry level fun stuff to world class black diamond routes. Andy descended one of the climbing routes and here are just a few pics. Some of the trials trails look faint, but signs were there routing all of them.

Even more interesting was the pack of hikers we ran into that tipped us off to some of the routes. We tipped them off on an old faint road leading to some more interesting areas in return. Nice group of people to talk to.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Thanks again Matt...definitely a great ride.

Compulsive Bike Builder

Where, where?

Given that it is BLM land and the terrain, that narrows it down quite a bit, but where exactly was this ride, it looks great.
    Disclaimer: ComCycle USA

mtbr member
    New Mexico, that's all I can say

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtDad
    Given that it is BLM land and the terrain, that narrows it down quite a bit, but where exactly was this ride, it looks great.
    Rules of the forum: Never ask if the poster ain't telling. ;-)

Bandolero

Was it windy?

Quote Originally Posted by AndyN
    New Mexico, that's all I can say
    Somewhere in NM? I know I've seen this butte before...

Looks like some great riding.

Bruce
    See the trails, be one with FOO-MTB.
    Slow-core. -.. .-. .. -. -.- .... --- -- . -... .-. . .--

Just another Homer

Really

where are these "rules" posted?
    I may not be as good as I once was.
    But I'm as good once, as I ever was.
    Toby Keith

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    The poster can always refuse to disclose locations so what's the harm in asking? Besides, are there any mtbers who do not want new places to ride? I thought that was one of the benefits of these message boards. The more riders who become aware of places to ride means more will help in maintaining them, protecting access to them and yes riding them! It's selfish and harmful to the cause to conceal locations. They will be discovered anyway.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Silly puppy.

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog
    It's selfish and harmful to the cause to conceal locations. .
    Yeah, I must be a real a$$hole for taking the time to share my pics. Damn I REALLY am selfish.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Pain Freak
    where are these "rules" posted?
    Francois posted them right near that rock in the first picture.

taxi mechanic
    It's selfish and harmful to the cause to conceal locations.
    i see selfish is you not post any like timo. timo post many good foto and story. i see none of this from true selfish. some take and not give that is selfish.

raimondas

mtbr member
    Thanks for sharing. Looks like a beautiful day to be out. Trials is insane fun to watch. It's amazing what pro level guys can do on a motorcycle....or bike for that matter.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Sh*t MT,

Another reason for me to really dislike you. I'm here in Mighty Mo with mud up to my arse and there you are -- all skinny and fast -- riding trail. Davis is off on a cruise, all the other guys are MIA and I'm wishing I had something dry to ride. Guess it's another fixie ride with all the crazy KC drivers.

Yeah, you're selfish for riding trail when I can't. But, please, more photos. I live vicariously through you. Tell that wife of yours howdy.

Bandolero

selfish ba$tard

Quote Originally Posted by Timo
    Yeah, I must be a real a$$hole for taking the time to share my pics. Damn I REALLY am selfish.

You are selfish. Take them back, NOW!!!

I'll give up the goods. The location is a little northwest of here

I'd be tempted to find this on my own but from the looks of your pictures, I'd lose the trail in no time. Oh well, that's part of the ride anyways.

bruce

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Widebody
    Sh*t MT,

Another reason for me to really dislike you. I'm here in Mighty Mo with mud up to my arse and there you are -- all skinny and fast -- riding trail. Davis is off on a cruise, all the other guys are MIA and I'm wishing I had something dry to ride. Guess it's another fixie ride with all the crazy KC drivers.

Yeah, you're selfish for riding trail when I can't. But, please, more photos. I live vicariously through you. Tell that wife of yours howdy.
    Heyya Scott -

Fixie ride sounds fun, but you might want to try that over in JoCo where the roads at least have shoulders! Saw pics of the mud...at least on the TV...damn really wet over your way.

Davis on a cruise....how quaint. :-)

M

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by notaknob
    You are selfish. Take them back, NOW!!!I'd be tempted to find this on my own but from the looks of your pictures, I'd lose the trail in no time. Oh well, that's part of the ride anyways.

bruce
    Hey Bruce -

You'd have no trouble finding your route through there....signs are everywhere. Somehow I didn't get pictures of the signs...but AndyN has one he might share with us. The trick for this, however, is finding the route to the top....

M

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    I apologize for not acknowledging your tremendous contributions to this site by sharing pictures of your outstanding trails and rides. However that was not my point but if you need some more validation just let me know. I guess you just like to tease us with your pictures and then not share the trail locations. Kind of like a little kid who shows all the other kids his bag of candy but won't share any. That's your right of course. Enjoy riding your secret trails. If you're ever in SoCal let me know and I will tell you about some great places to ride and tell you where you can get maps. I keep no secret trail locations. That would be selfish.

Sweep the leg!
    I was prepared for the holiday break with all the snow so I could go crosscountry skiing and then what happens? the temps climb into the low 40's and there's not enough left to skate on. then you post some sweet looking trails and sprinkle salt into "the wound" oh well, at least the days are getting longer.

do a lap for me would you?

Bandolero
    Quote Originally Posted by Timo
    Hey Bruce -

You'd have no trouble finding your route through there....signs are everywhere. Somehow I didn't get pictures of the signs...but AndyN has one he might share with us. The trick for this, however, is finding the route to the top....

M
    I'm planning on heading out there now. If I'm going to be doing bushwacking, I'd rather do it alone so as to not embarrass myself in front of others.

Bruce

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Kind of like a little kid who shows all the other kids his bag of candy but won't share any.
    Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year! Hopefully your anger towards me will eventually subside. But if you choose to continue to paint me that way, based on a few lines found on the internet, then it is you choice.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Powered
    I was prepared for the holiday break with all the snow so I could go crosscountry skiing and then what happens? the temps climb into the low 40's and there's not enough left to skate on. then you post some sweet looking trails and sprinkle salt into "the wound" oh well, at least the days are getting longer.

do a lap for me would you?
    Hey will do....but I am jonesing for some x-c skiing myself. And if we don't get the snow soon enough, we'll be riding road in the summer when the shut down the forests. Better ride while I can. ;-)

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Yeah Matt, Davis on a cruise. He signed up for Spin classes prior to going...he was afraid he'd put on 10 lbs while out there. I hope so...slow that boy down some. Tired of the arse whippings. Last week when we rode in the snow I was flogging myself and still couldn't keep his wheel.

Glad you had a chance to ride. Believe or not, it wasn't trail but I enjoyed freaking the drivers out today. And it was nearly 60 here so I wore my speedo. WOOHOO!

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Who's angry? You wouldn't like me when I'm angry! I only have a few lines on the internet to go by and those lines tell me that you won't share trail locations which I believe is selfish and contrary to one of the main functions of this site. If you don't like my conclusions about what you have said then do something to change my mind. Like I said, you have the right to conceal trails from anyone if you so choose but others have a right to make judgements based on what you say and do. It happens all the time. I'm always making ride invites and sharing trail info, just like those hikers you met on the trail. If you shared with them, why not fellow mtbers? Don't worry about me though. If I ever come out to the Albequerque area, I'll check out the trails on this site, find a good shop with a map and friendly info and probably see you on the trail. If you ever want info about some of the trails around here, I'll glad you give you all the info you want. And a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too!

mtbr member

Smile Looks fantastic............

Thanks for sharing the pictures, we had quite a bit of bc xc skiing from early Dec up till last week, we have had rain yesterday and today as well as unseasonbly warm weather. Your pictures make me want to ride!
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast