Mtbr's 2016 Winter Biking GearReviews and Roundups

FAT BIKES

WINTER APPAREL

TRAINERS

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
    humber river advocate

did you ride today?

i try to ride every day. i look forward to my commute, even if it is wet out.

did you ride today?-bush-doctor-big-maple.jpg

did you ride today?-mush1a.jpg

did you ride today?-puff-giangtic.jpg

that mushroom is tasty.
    broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

build trail!

mtbr member
    That's the largest mushroom I have ever seen!

As for riding every day, I try to although I only get to ride trails once a week. I exercise my dog almost every day with the bike, with the only exceptions being if we are going trail riding the next day as it is usually a longer ride and I don't want to over do him, or because of weather.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Was working last week for 14 hrs each day. This weekend was raining and cool, but threw on the rain jacket, and took the pooches for a ride. after tuckering them out I went out again for me. got things a bit mucky

did you ride today?-img_2872.jpgdid you ride today?-img_2873.jpgdid you ride today?-img_2874.jpgdid you ride today?-img_2875.jpgdid you ride today?-img_2878.jpgdid you ride today?-img_2880.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Went out to try flats...went home and took off flats.

Give'er!
    17km today. Getting back into shape again in a new locale, with new trails for me to explore! Apparently barely riding for a month has had a negative effect on my fitness levels...shocker!

since 4/10/2009
    Got out for about 15mi today at a local park. I had wanted to head a bit farther afield and do some backcountry riding today, but the wife got sick and I needed to combine my ride with some errands (picking up some prescriptions, cat food, etc), as well as be relatively nearby in case she needed something else. Trying to help her mend up quickly because we're headed to Pisgah next weekend. I'm trying to fight off some kind of nasty bug, myself. I mostly feel good (especially after my doc hooked me up with some antibiotics a few days ago), but will probably have that lingering dry cough that tends to last for a couple of months.

Weather was absolutely perfect. Partly sunny. Light breeze. Temps in the 60's. Actually starting to feel like maybe autumn is thinking about paying a visit. That's mucho welcome because it was in the 90's less than a week ago.

Moderator Moderator
    yup

Wanna Ride Bikes?
    Jun 2014
    I don't get to ride nearly as much as I'd like, but today, YES!
    Hold my beer and watch this!

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    We had a family ride today. Took the girls, 8 and 6 years old thru the woods so it was slow going but that's ok. I can go my pace any other time. It's great to see the progress they have made riding and how much they like riding with their mom and I. 6.2 miles in 1 hour 45 minutes but was worth every minute.

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Today no, but yesterday yes. This summer has been a tough go to get motivated with the high temps. But now that it's starting to cool down I see more action in the next couple of months. Here's yesterday's ride at 78 degrees which is quite the relief from the mid nineties.

Bobcat Ridge 9-12-15 Video - Pinkbike

Bobcat Ridge 9-12-15 #2 Video - Pinkbike

Bobcat Ridge 9-12-15 #3 Video - Pinkbike
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

Moderator Moderator

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by 2old View Post
    That's funny because I'm trying flats out now too. After over thirty years of toe clips and straps the clip less since the first came out. Interesting. Seems to be easier on my back which has been bothering me for a while. I think I've ridden every day for two weeks now. I ridden a lot this season because the snow left the valley early so I've been riding four to six days a week since then. Sometimes twice a day. And never in the bike park.

broken hipster
    I've maybe missed only 4 or 5 days this season so I took this rainy weekend off.
    I'll be on the trail first thing in the AM.
    Can't wait, I'm getting antsy.

No known cure
    I don't ride on the weekends. There's just too much traffic, and I usually bring the dog. I'll ride tomorrow and not see anyone.

The weather was absolutely perfect today, so we took the Jeep out and had a picnic off 3N16 in north Big Bear.
    Ripping trails and tipping ales

Sneaker man
    Yep, only a short road ride with an old riding buddie (for the first time ever I'm fitter than him)...
    Not working att he moment and trying to regain some fitness (progressing, but a long way to go) and I'd ike to get out every day, but if I smash myself on a 3 hour road ride, or liek the other day 2 hard hours of mtb (hard for me, not anyone else), not doing much of anything the next day.
    But spring has well and truly hit my neck of the woods, I may have to get out for a quick mtb ride this afternoon.
    2003 Yeti ARC
    2008 GT Zaskar Reissue
    1996 GT Xizang
    2012 Cervelo R3
    2015 Look 675 Light
    2015 Scott Spark 710

mtbr member
    Had the best worst ride today. Recently got our middle kid a nice bike that he loves, scored a Mongoose Etero Elite for cheap with several upgrades. We rode a few more advanced trails, and he had a blast. I ended up dropping my chain in to my cassette and it got caught in between two rings. It's an old cassette and needs to be replaced anyway, but ended up riding about 10 more miles after that with a 2x6 geared bike. Also got a sidewall tear going through a rock garden, which was a blast too. Got to show the boys how to do some trail side repair which was good too. Today I get to go shopping for a new cassette and replace my tires for the season a bit early. Think about going with a less aggressive tread style.
    The best journeys answer questions that in the beginning, you didn't even think to ask

humber river advocate
    rode sunday, was raining a bit so brought my trail boss tool and folding saw to do a little bit of trail tlc.
    broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

build trail!

mtbr member
    If you mean Sunday, yes I rode. With my wife. She crashed and had a flap of skin hanging off her knee. Being near a road I cycled back to the parking lot, got the car, and picked her up. She rewarded me later for being gallant. The reward was better than the ride.

9 lives
    I've been sidelined, and wish I could ride.

Enjoying this thread
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    No riding today. Job interview.
    Try to ride every day, to work and back, come rain, shine or snow.

mtbr member
    Too much rain over the weekend (if 'today' referred to Sunday as of this writing), so not for me. However, today has cleared and is sunny, so I'm hoping to get out after work.
    We all belong in the Saturdays of our youth...

mtbr member
    Life! is not letting me ride (as well as the weather) I'm hoping to get out this afternoon after almost 10 days w/out a ride!
    2013 Cannondale Trail SL 3

"You will never ride alone"

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Yup! (Sunday)
    Local 6hr relay race I rode solo, 10 laps/84km. Perfect conditions as long as you didn't stop riding! Slept great last night I tell ya!

mtbr member
    1/2 ride 1/2 trail maintenance
    all good

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 2old View Post
    I had that reaction the first time I tried flats after old school clips/straps (weird theme going on). Tried them again with Five Ten shoes and been riding flats ever since.

To keep with the thread...Saturday & Sunday, about 18-ish miles. Today, leaving soon.

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast