Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Did my 2nd off road ride this morning

653 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  cyclelicious 
#1 ·
Went to Jack Brooks which is just down the road from me. Quite a bit more technical than I'm ready for. Humidity sucked and the mosquitos were like gnats. But I rode. Did good on the intermeddaite rated trails. Rode one TTF trail called "the playground" (there's a you tube vid of this trail) and tried my hand on some of the features. Couldn't maintain my balance on one of the obstacles :mad: but the fall was minor. I finsihed my ride on another technical trail that was very much rollercoaster. I took a wrong angle on one downhill and couldn't make the turn, ended up slamming my collarbone into a tree. :madman: I was fortunate that I walked away with only a big bruise and major abrasion when I could've ended up with a broken collarbone. :thumbsup:

I think I'll stay away from the big dips and climbs until I get better with the smaller ones. Also need to drop my seat an inch or more (one vid said an inch, my LBS said 3) to better handle the drops and climbs.:cool:

#3 ·
Maybe no one told you but you can slow down before you get into those turns if you want. ;) Three inches is a awful lot to drop a seat. I guess it might be okay if you don't plan to pedal from a seated position at all but if you are riding very many miles that's gonna get old real fast. You might want to look into a dropper style seat post.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.