Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Single Speed Junkie
    Reputation: crux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,108

    Custom Stolen Bike

    A good friend of mine just had his bike pinched up in Denver. If anyone sees this bike it is very unique please let me know. Now has a White brothers fork on it black and ti color combo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Custom Stolen Bike-chris1.jpg  

    Custom Stolen Bike-chris2.jpg  

    Custom Stolen Bike-chris3.jpg  


  2. #2
    bringer of doom
    Reputation: p.doering's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    201
    Oohhh Ouch. Is that a 3D/Chris Herting? A custom Yeti Fro with round TT, EBB & split stay, grafton speed controller... terrible news. Good luck, keep your eyes peeled on craigslist.
    Ride on, Anthony.

  3. #3
    Single Speed Junkie
    Reputation: crux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,108
    Quote Originally Posted by p.doering
    Oohhh Ouch. Is that a 3D/Chris Herting? A custom Yeti Fro with round TT, EBB & split stay, grafton speed controller... terrible news. Good luck, keep your eyes peeled on craigslist.
    Actually your are 100% correct on identifying the bike and components. Helping Chris watch CL and Ebay alike in hopes of recovering the bike.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    436
    Pardon my ignorance but whats a Grafton Speed Controller??

  5. #5
    CEO Product Failure
    Reputation: bingemtbr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    802
    I think its the rear brake. Old skool stuff predating V-brakes.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 53119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,287
    that is a nice ride. hope you recover it with all its goodness intact. reminds me of my old FRO with Accu-traxs!

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    387
    could you give us some lessons learned in this pinch? seems like a well taken care of expensive and rare ride. so how did it get stolen. i just ask so we can learn from others. hope you find it. sorry i am not even on the continent so i don't think i'd me much help other than pointing you to craiglook.com which searches all of craigslist.

  8. #8
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    925
    Wow, that thing should be easy to spot, even as a frame.

  9. #9
    Single Speed Junkie
    Reputation: crux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,108
    Quote Originally Posted by gsy971
    could you give us some lessons learned in this pinch? seems like a well taken care of expensive and rare ride. so how did it get stolen. i just ask so we can learn from others. hope you find it. sorry i am not even on the continent so i don't think i'd me much help other than pointing you to craiglook.com which searches all of craigslist.
    My understanding is that he went into a pub up in Denver (Visiting from Albuquerque). Truck was parked in front of a large plate glass window while they were taking in a few. When he came out the bike was gone. Chris is really anal about locking the bike with a cable lock and car with club and bar on the gas pedal. Apparently someone came by with some decent cutters as the cable was ineffective. If they were on foot they would of had to install the front wheel riding away or just throw it in the back of their auto. I am personally not aware of all the details as I was not there, just attempting to help a friend out by posting for him.

  10. #10
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    925
    Cables do not work. No lock with the right thief works, but in this case, I'm sure he's thinking that those $100 NY Lock chains wasn't too expensive. I carry one for my old commuter, myself. It's nothing flashy, but it's a deceivingly nice cro-mo frame and the right thief would know that it's not just an average oldie.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by crux
    Actually your are 100% correct on identifying the bike and components. Helping Chris watch CL and Ebay alike in hopes of recovering the bike.

    I assume you already know about http://www.searchtempest.com/ but thought i would pass it along. saves a bunch of time.

    gl getting the bike back. very sexy bike.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    469
    Nice socks.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Rock Surf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    348
    Real Men wear pink.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Rock Surf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    348
    Split seat stay and no rear disc brake hanger? That's odd.

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •