Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Cure for winter blues (some large pics)

1K views 15 replies 15 participants last post by  DSR 
#1 · (Edited)
With an unusual few days of winter snow setting in around Vancouver, I figured some of us might benefit from a reminder of what we have to look forward to a few months down the road. The following pics belong to a friend, who I'm sure wouldn't mind sharing them to bring a bit of cheer to those of us under the spell of colder weather.

The size and scope of the terrain we are privileged to ride in can be awe inspiring

Sometimes it feels like you're on top of the world

Or sometimes riding along the edge of it

Or maybe even straight off it!

So many mountains to ride, so little time

Don't let a few snowflakes stand in your way

Saving the best for last - no words required for this one :)

See less See more
#11 ·
Pics are mostly from in and around

Bralorne (former mining town, population 1000) and the Chilcotins in B.C. Apparently some of the finest riding is accessed by shuttling bikes via floatplane. I haven't been there yet, but my bud gave me link to these pics they had taken from their rides in an attempt to convince me to come up there this past summer. It won't take any convincing after seeing these photos, but I just couldn't arrange the trip before the season ended. I'm sure I'll get up there in 2005 though at least once.

I'm not sure what the riding season is in these areas, but at the moment I'm sure snowmobiles or calling out "mush!" to a team of sled dogs is more appropriate than riding. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.