trail rat

That coner, just below the tool station, on Barranca

I might be jaded.

I have had the fortune to ride some amazing places, with some nice scenery. The last few two months have been wildflowers.

wildflowers,

wildflowers,

wildflowers,

So today, I finally can ride without excruciating pain from my bruised ribs (a love story, better left untold....), and I think, ok,nice flowers, but nothing I have not seen before, then I round the turn at the tool station, hit the brakes and grab the camera from my pocket:

tough to capture it all

Dropped the rest of Barranca, my new favorite technical trail, steep, rocky, loose, tail chasing switchbacks, and the slab switchback that makes one spincter scream, "walk it you fool!"

Today, inflamed ribs joined the chorus, but I said, "Nope, hang on guys, today we ride this!"

Two miles later, I got my to my favorite two feet of trail, and they were out! The wild irises! For about a week, and only in a hidden spot that you can miss so easily.....

Not today. Today was glorius! The beauty of nature overcame the pain of the flesh.
    CCCMB web - Facebook
    SLO trail maps - conditions

"The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Sounds like you had a great time! If only I lived in an area like this. I live in MA. so there really is not much of this except for the Daffodil fields. There must be like ten acres of all Daffodils stretched out as far as the eye can see, but they only come out for a week!

Hutch is my Hero
    Oct 2005
    barf chunks is one of my favorites
    i'll be down in a couple of weeks. i hope the bloom is still going on.

trail rat
    It should be; it goes on and on and just the cast of characters changes. Also now that the record breaking 90s and 100s temps have dropped back to the 60s, and the marine layer has returned, it will last longer.

CCCMB web - Facebook
    SLO trail maps - conditions

"The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie