Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Feb 2013

Comfy Saddle Passion!!!

All i know is I usually change out my stock saddle for something soft! 3 to 4 hours on the trail and i like to be comfortable . I'm sure i'm not the only one lol
    JUST DO IT

mtbr member
    My Tioga saddle is the most comfy saddle I have used. It's the first saddle that I have used where I don't have to wiggle my butt around to find a comfy spot.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

local trails rider
    I know that soft saddles don't work for me. I just sink into them and get really bad chafing from all the contact area between me and the seat.

"it IS possible that you are faster or slower than anybody else who is having at least as much if not more or less fun"

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Well not beach cruiser soft lol! Actually been eye balling Brooks saddle...lot of great reviews
    JUST DO IT

mtbr member
    Huge fan of the Specialized Romin ti saddle. Super comfy and very lightweight.
    '12 S-Works Stumpjumper carbon HT
    '13 Specialized Carve Comp
    '94 S-Works M2

Just Ride!
    Just switched from a 10 year old Titec Ithys Gove and Easton EC70 carbon post over to a Fizik Gobi and Fizik Cyrano carbon post. New technology and new hype, but they feel almost identical. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

insert blank disk
    I just got the WTB Pure V Comp and it is awesome!!!

I like bikes
    I second the WTB Pure V Comp...Nice saddle.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan1113 View Post
    Well not beach cruiser soft lol! Actually been eye balling Brooks saddle...lot of great reviews
    Carefulll with brooks saddle.
    They are good saddles but if you are the kind of riderr that is movng around a lot on its saddle, the brooks will nt wrk for you....brooks only have one comfy position.
    expensive cars are a waste of money. Expensive bikes...not so much!

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    ^^^^ thanks for the input! Been riding Cloud 9 right now and it works and was only 40 bucks. i will check out a few others and go with it happy trails
    JUST DO IT

Yappy little dog!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan1113 View Post
    All i know is I usually change out my stock saddle for something soft! 3 to 4 hours on the trail and i like to be comfortable . I'm sure i'm not the only one lol
    I'm right there with you. I hate the Fizik that came with my Rocky Mountain. I always go back to the WTB Rocket V. It fits my arse well and so Charmin soft. Aaaahhhhh!

mtbr member
    May 2013
    i will check out a few others and go with it

pin it
    Chromag Lynx DT, I have this saddle on my all-mtn and dh bikes, I have no complaints
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    use a 143 specialized toupe on my road bike which keeps me going with no problems. I put it on my mountain bike for a bit but it wasn't quite cutting it for me. the bontrager evolve that came on my mtb was causing all sorts of numbness.

picked up the ism adamo peak, and it's fantastic. other than a little pressure i feel on the back of my upper thighs, it's the most comfy saddle i've used. i don't feel any seated pressure anywhere but my sit bones.

mtbr member
    i'll third the WTB pure V. I don't know what it is about it, in your hands, it looks and feels like every other saddle i've tried. 4 hours in, though, it's...well, i don't know. i never made it 4 hours in on any other seat.
    Don't buy all the lies that they feed ya.

mtbr member
    Two saddles I love, Wtb pure V, and Brooks B17. I can ride either one for hours, the Brooks is even comfortable in jeans. One caution on Brooks saddles though, no two are exactly alike. I have two B17s, both are very comfortable, but feel very different.

mtbr member
    Check out the Ergon.
    Signature

Rod
    Endorphin Junkie
    I'm also a happy WTB owner. I've used the rocket v and silverado with good results. 12 hour races on the WTB and no pain or discomfort.
    There is not much choice between rotten apples.

mtbr member
    You'll get a lot of different answers and opinions, all will be valid as everyone's saddle needs are pretty specific, however...

I absolutely love the WTB Rocket V. I've tried a lot of saddles, and these things are like sitting on an easy chair. Like Rod, I've done some endurance stuff and saddle discomfort was the least of my issues.

mtbr member
    Lets see. Just in the last year I have done WTB Silverado, WTB Rocket V, Selle Italia SMP, SDG Falcon, and now the Fizik Tundra 2. The SDG fit me the best I think, and I used it the longest. Sticking with the Fizik for as long as I can though, for the insane weight and cool looks.

JKA
    mtbr member
    One more nod for the WTB Pure V. I've tried a bunch of saddles and even quite a few WTB saddles, but I like the Pure V the best. I have Pure V saddles on all my bikes.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011

some questions about the tioga - is that the spyder D or the

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Cycle Shawn View Post
    My Tioga saddle is the most comfy saddle I have used. It's the first saddle that I have used where I don't have to wiggle my butt around to find a comfy spot.
    the TT version? I have never seen one of these saddles in real life but have been interested for the past six months or so. Are you a lighter or heavier rider? I go around 225 nowadays and about 235 geared up so I have concerns about durability. Do you sit and spin in one position or do you move around a lot while riding? The saddle looks like it would be perfect for adverse weather like rain and muddy conditions. Almost like the Honda Element of saddles. Just would like any more info that you can share. I would just purchase one and try it but Jenson and Pricepoint do not sell them and some of the other places do not have as good of a return policy. Thanks!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    BTW, I would be putting this saddle on a 907 fat bike so I am curious about the comfort of the saddle over rocks, roots, log overs and other general xc riding conditions. Thanks again

mtbr member
    I like the Pure V, but it's just wide enough that getting behind it is a little difficult for me. Currently trying the Volt, and it has almost the same comfort but is a lot easier to move around.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Honeybadger View Post
    the TT version? I have never seen one of these saddles in real life but have been interested for the past six months or so. Are you a lighter or heavier rider? I go around 225 nowadays and about 235 geared up so I have concerns about durability. Do you sit and spin in one position or do you move around a lot while riding? The saddle looks like it would be perfect for adverse weather like rain and muddy conditions. Almost like the Honda Element of saddles. Just would like any more info that you can share. I would just purchase one and try it but Jenson and Pricepoint do not sell them and some of the other places do not have as good of a return policy. Thanks!!
    Well, I'm painfully Mr. Average. I think that's why it works so good for me. I'm about 170 ready to ride with a Camelback full of water, a tube and only a few tools. I ride both ways. I sit and spin and sometimes I move around a lot. I try to use my legs in different ways to use different muscles. Your weight my be pushing this saddle a little bit. I purchased mine from Ebay. I paid like $45 for it, which is a pretty good price. I'm not sure which model it is.

'96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast