mtbr member

Smile Colorado -> Utah -> Arizona MTB road Trip - Part 9 - Brian Head

Day 16
    -----------

As the temperature in St George was 110f I decided that me and Rick should go ride at Brian Head as it would be cooler

After an hours drive we arrived at Brian Head I discovered I had a broken spoke, while I replaced the spoke Rick went and paid for the shuttle for left for of Bunker Creek a 12 mile trail which decends 3000ft with some climbing as well

On the shuttle we met a girl from Sweden who we invite to join us on our ride - she was doing a 2 month MTB road trip - here is her blog http://www.jojoarna.blogspot.com/

It was very windy but other than that a clear sunny day

From the drop off point we headed along the sidney Peaks trail through alpine meadows

We took the left fork of Bunker Creek , which was great singletarck down through the aspens , with a few rocky spots along the way

eventually the trail ended and then we rode down 5 miles of double track to Panguitch lake where we got our shuttle back to Brian Head

We then set up our own shuttle to ride dark hollow, we set out along the sidney peaks trail again

And then took the left turn for dark hollow which dropped down steeply on some rocky swicthbacks

The aspen were just starting to change and made for some fantastic riding conditions

The Dark Hollow ride was great fun - part from the rather dull ride back down the dirt road.

Once the singletrack ended we rode a few miles down a dirt road to where we had left the car, I left rick with our bikes and drove back up to the top to get my suv with Jo

When me and rick got back to St George we did a quick night ride (with only 1 light) at church rocks - it was still damn hot even at nigt about 100f , and there was a hot wind blowing that felt like a hot hair dryer in your face

Name:  EMAILUS.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  28.9 KB
    Last edited by zinger-uk; 10-13-2010 at 12:10 PM.
    My out of date MTB road trip website http://www.mtb-hol.com

LCW
    mtbr member
    Nice pics! Amazing views!! Looks like an awesome trip!!

Santa Cruz Hightower LT
    EVIL Following

I'd rather be biking...
    That was a good riding day up at B Head, perfect temps!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by shelbster15
    That was a good riding day up at B Head, perfect temps!
    Indeed it was I enjoyed the riding so much I went back the next day to ride again at Brian head
    My out of date MTB road trip website http://www.mtb-hol.com

Members who have read this thread: 0