mtbr member

Colorado -> Utah -> Arizona MTB road Trip - Part 6 - The Whole Enchilada - Part 2

OK heres Part two of the Whole Enchilada

The UPS singletrack reminded me of Goosebury and Little Creek riding

Unfortunately while I was stopped taking pictures further down the trail Tom crashed and hit his head , he ended up with a gash around his eye

After we had patched him and filled him up with Advil we resumed our journey down the trail - riding a bit slower as Tom was still hurtin

We took the easy route on the way down - which seemed to have more singletrack than I remembered if you took the notch route - but I may be wrong as it was ages ago i walked the notch

When we got to the Sand Flats Road junction Tom and Bill decided to Head back down the road as Tom was still not feeling good and wanted to get his cut seen too sooner rather than later, they both insisted I carried on and finished the trail , as I'd flown so far to do it

I've always found this section of the porcupine trail to be the dullest part of the ride, bumping along down a rocky double track for miles really dose not float my boat - but the great singletrack of Burro and Hazard, & UPS made up for it being so dull

Shortly after this picture spot my mind must have been wandering as I rolled off yet another ledge and promptly went straight over the handlebars - luckily I ended up in a patch of sand and I escaped with just a few cuts

Finally the double track was over and it was back to the fun stuff narrow trails and great views on the lower porcupine singletrack

The great thing about messing around taking pictures is your out there immersed in your surrounding so much more than if your just blasting hell for leather down the trail !!!

Back down at the road I headed back to Moab , as the sun was very low it wasn't too hot, I took advantage of the newish cycle path on the way back to Moab

I did cross my mind as I rode back through Moab to the Chili Pepper bike shop that next time I should get the shuttle service to pick me up At the end of the trail

By the time I got back to the SUV I'd done about 36.5 miles

I had a long soak in a Bath before grabbing some Pizza and getting some sleep ready for the long drive to St George the following day

Toms since made a full recovery and apparently hasn't even got a scar from his cut - which is good...

I'll Post More of the trip soon... Zion is Next

Name:  EMAILUS.jpg
Views: 649
Size:  28.9 KB
    Last edited by zinger-uk; 10-10-2010 at 11:49 PM. Reason: wrong part number on title
    My MTB road trip website http://www.mtb-hol.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Very cool! It looks hot in some of those pictures, what was the temperature like?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jtyler05si
    Very cool! It looks hot in some of those pictures, what was the temperature like?
    At the top it was about 70f - by the time I got to the bottom it was about 105f - and that was with the sun going down

The heat wasnt really an issue on the ride as most of the climbing you do is at a higher altitude and hence its cooler

I did get through a 3 litre camalbak and a water bottle on the ride

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Bravo! Thanks for these amazing posts. Heading to Moab/Grand Junction/Fruita on Thurs and these are putting the stoke into overdrive. Just wish I could spend as much time out west as you have!

Cheers!

PRETENDURO
    WOW! Nice posts, great pictures! Looks as though it were an awesome ride!
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

viva la v-brakes!
    Soooo.... how did you get so many photos of yourself? Did you stop to set all of those up, or am I reading this wrong and two of you finished up Porc Rim?
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    I have a car. I made a choice. I ride my bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FishMan473
    Soooo.... how did you get so many photos of yourself? Did you stop to set all of those up, or am I reading this wrong and two of you finished up Porc Rim?
    Yep I stopped and setup all the pictures with a tripod - and finished on my own