Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    "Its All Good"

Good job! The Collective SEASONS "Fantastic DVD"

Am sure it has been posted...

Just watched "Seasons"

Man just loved it, right now am fizzing at the bung, feeling totally satisfied, oh and that I cant ride a bike to save myself!

Seeing the section on Cranworx was cool, being there last year and seeing it again just dawned on me how big the jumps are, especially the last one above the screen...

Really liked seeing the less glam side of the riders training etc etc....

Cant wait to watch it again

I almost at this moment think it is the best of the 3 Collective DVD's thus far...
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    May 2008
    awesome! Can't wait to watch it!
    Ride hard or go home!

08 Specialized Myka Expert

mtbr member
    I wasn't too impressed. The Collective is still my favorite out of the trilogy they have put out. Darren Berrecloth and Cam McCall had pretty boring segments, and I got to see the same crankworx footage as I've seen in several other mtb movies... just at a slightly different angle, playback speed, and music.

Steve Peat, Stevie Smith, and Andrew Shandro had the best riding segments hands down. Matt Hunter was pretty good, Vanderham's stuff was cool to watch too. But Yeah Cam and the Claw put me to sleep this time around.

Forging Elite Awesomeness
    Can someone please post season's soundtrack list?

"Its All Good"
    I will watch it again.... I may have been all amped to see it, have been waiting in anticipation...

But still a great flick, I never payed as much attention to the music this time, I will next, guess far more talking etc, which was good...

Still some smoking good footage.....
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    damn..I really want to watch mine...it was shipped today...

"Its All Good"
    Do a search for the soundtracks, someone went to loads of trouble and did a big list etc....

Awesome Cris, it will be there any day now

Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    yessir

Forging Elite Awesomeness
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    Do a search for the soundtracks, someone went to loads of trouble and did a big list etc....

They did, but seasons was not included on that list.

achiever
    I thought the whole thing was rad! I really dig the way they show what goes on in each season and how it adds up to the story of their respective years.

Highlights for me:

Vanderham's parts. His terrain is amazing and his riding is just HUGE! (did you watch his Saint proto testing ?! The little step up gap thing to that rock slab is nuckin' futs)

Shandro is as old as me and I probably can't keep up with his kid.

McCaul and Berrecloth do stuff I can't even comprehend in slo-mo. (I remember when this started to happen in skateboarding. I was bummed then, I'm just old now) and I'd be happy to take their waterlogged bikes off there hands.

Mt7 Psychosis really is crazy

Steve Smith will reach his goals.

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by Upandatem
    Can someone please post season's soundtrack list?
    Found it...

Dark Clouds Instrumental---> Latch Key Kid
    My Love---> The sessions
    Fleeing the Scene---> Sick Days
    Faythe ---> Rich Smith
    Boy, Was I Mad ---> Kinski
    Fountain Of Youth ---> Latch Key Kid
    Orca ---> Wintersleep
    Devil Down Instrumental---> Latch Key Kid
    Lonely End Of The Rink ---> Tragically Hip
    Bullet And A Target ---> Clarence Greenwood
    The Finish ---> Rob The Viking
    Bulls On Parade ---> Rage Against The Machine
    Eighteen Candles ---> The Sessions
    Time Alone ---> Josh Martinez and Samix --->Crankworx Whistler
    Thru The Looking Glass ---> Adham Shaikh
    Peaceful Day ---> Pennywise
    Mal Pais ---> Latch Key Kid
    Born To Be Wild ---> Damian Marley
    Tokyo Jah---> Phontaine
    Two Shoes ---> The Cat Empire
    Todos Santos ---> Phontaine

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    at first, i didn't really like seasons as much as roam or collective, but after watching it again and i'll admit it many more times, it grows on you and simply gets better and better. steve smith's mom is totally awesome.... and he is too. hahaha

"Its All Good"
    yep, the Steve Smith part was great...

I went and watched the DH WC in Andorra over the weekend and bumped into a few of the 11 strong New Zealand DH riders whom had come to Europe, a HUGE trip... Had spoken with some in NZ when training, seeing the work these young dudes do is fantastic....

SuperInstigator
    Stop torturing me. I beg you. PLEASE!!! I've been rewatching Roam and The collective and all the extra footage in between to keep warm, but I really have to have my fix of seasons really soon...

Wow, The Collective really likes Latch Key Kid. Roam had quite a bid of Latch Key Kid in it as well. No problem there...it's not bad music.
    I wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by tibug
    Stop torturing me. I beg you. PLEASE!!! I've been rewatching Roam and The collective and all the extra footage in between to keep warm, but I really have to have my fix of seasons really soon...

Wow, The Collective really likes Latch Key Kid. Roam had quite a bid of Latch Key Kid in it as well. No problem there...it's not bad music.
    That waiting sure does suck, only thing worse is waiting for a bike once ordered. It will be worth the wait....

mtbr member
    Is it just me, or do these awesome DVDs make your penis look smaller too?

-- Evil Patrick

My Music

My Videos

Ride everything! Remember, Elvis died pushing.

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Patrick
    Is it just me, or do these awesome DVDs make your penis look smaller too?

Well yes, kind of made me feel like a crap rider totally................... or

This is the tale of Daniel Morgan,
    Who had a tiny sexual organ,
    Just by chance they named him Danny,
    If it had been half an inch shorter,
    they would have called him fanny,
    Etc
    Etc
    Etc

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by his dudeness
    I wasn't too impressed. The Collective is still my favorite out of the trilogy they have put out. Darren Berrecloth and Cam McCall had pretty boring segments, and I got to see the same crankworx footage as I've seen in several other mtb movies... just at a slightly different angle, playback speed, and music.
    I have to agree. This was my least favourite of the 3 movies. A few of the segments were pretty boring, and I also felt that this one had the weakest soundtrack. Rage Against the Machine, Tragically Hip....c'mon guys....(srry, I'll probably get flamed for this but I can't stand the Hip and will never understand why many Canadian's love them).

Some of the slow-mo shots with the HD and being able to see all of the detail with the dirt flying off the tires and such was really cool. Definitely lots of great shots though.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I borrowed it from my friend Three days ago. I have watched the whole thing 3 times, and the whistler scene about 5 total. They did a really good job with the flow of the video. Even though the other 2 were SWEET, I liked how this one sorta had a plot. Following the riders throughout the year! Just thinkin about it makes me want to watch it.

man the ramparts!!
    Seasons makes me want to say "F it!!" to XC and buy a bunch of burly-ass bikes.

But then I remember I'm a sissy.
    oh... I'm too depressed for murder and mayhem!

utilitarian biker
    just got mine too. Man that was a good one.. I think it was better than all the prior collective films.. Much more flowy trail riding and not just big air...
    Long live long rides.

got mine!

watching....

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by crisillo
    got mine!

watching....
    [SIZE="7"]ENJOY[/SIZE]

Founder: Dirty3hirties
    You know what I think.....

I wish I didn't read this thread. I got ants in my pants now!!!! Gotta go home and watch Roam and Collective again.....and again.....and again.....and again.......

mtbr member
    Shandro comes out pretty weak and old until the Shore segment gets in full swing, then it's just humbling. Definitely my favorite segment of the movie. Stevie and his mom are so cute! I really like the Whistler segment this year, they made an effort to make the trails very recognizable and I like the "group ride" style.

The Collective crew definitely took a big turn from the first two installments and tried something new. I definitely miss the more narrative style of Roam and the Collective but I think they are onto something. HD cameras add an amazing amount of detail and the cinematography is still kickass.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast