Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Cold Chillen' at the Cowboy trails!

957 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  PrincipalRider 
#1 ·
Fellow mtbr member, NMPHI767, put the word out to come ride the cowboy trails. jmitchell and i were the only ones to take him up on this offer. It might be that the sun was not out today and the high was in the 40's that others did not feel like hocking up a lung on the pretty technical climb right off the get go. We started out all good and past a few hikers on the climb up. We did good up to the split of fossil canyon with the only problem being James' rear brake messing up. nmphi767 was glad to show us down one of the newer trails out there. How new, i don't know , cuz i only get out there every other month or so. It is freshly cut and weaves in and out barrel cactus, joshua trees. spanish daggers and a whole assortment of other cacti. I actually made it without any prickly things in my tires. I guess i should have stopped for some scenic pics(oh well). A sharp drop into a canyon and then i nice ttechy sometimes flowing ride along the ridge. A sharp drop back acroos the canyon and then back up and out. Then a full on blast of DH action that last about 20 -30 mins. We had to stop a few times for horseback riders and a hotel card found on the ground. No crashes(a few dabs and DOHS!) and no mechanicals made it a fast and fun ride.
Some pics
Fish eye veiw of the riders. Nmphi767, jmitchell,E !
Climbing up the start.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Nice pics. Joshua looks like he has some skills. The move in that last picture looks tricky.

Anyone riding the week between Christmas and New Year? I'll be down on the 28-1st at the in-laws in Logandale. I should be able to sneak away for at least one good ride.

#7 ·
Heya KROB

KRob said:
Nice pics. Joshua looks like he has some skills. The move in that last picture looks tricky.

Anyone riding the week between Christmas and New Year? I'll be down on the 28-1st at the in-laws in Logandale. I should be able to sneak away for at least one good ride.
i'm planning on going out with REDMON the monday after x-mas. we will most likely do cowboy at around NOON. Don't know if you can pull that one off. New year weekend is good for me if you want to meet up. Post it in NV forum. Just don't be asking me to wake up at 4 in the fricken' morning LOL!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.