Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Killer of Chains
    Feb 2004

Clik Elite ProBody Sport

A few months ago the Clik Elite Medium Nature was going to be my next camera bag. Current, I carry my equipment around in something from the early 90's that looks like a duffle bag and offers no real protection and its quite annoying to take with me most places. Unfortunately my backpacks are falling apart so I'm nervous taking the camera in those too.

So the Medium Nature seemed like a sure thing. Until I got the feeling that it may be too much bag. It's heavy even empty.

As a backpacker, I'd rather cram a whole lot into a small bag then too much into a big bag.

So the ProBody sport seems about the right size. Anyone pick one up?

I'm interested to know how well it fits other outdoor gear like rain stuff, stoves, tarptent or hammock, that kind of thing.

And please don't clutter my thread with suggestions of Lowepro, Kata, or any of the other bag making companies...I've searcedh around and I want a Clik Elite.

Killer of Chains
    Feb 2004
    After looking around a little bit more I checked out the Clik Elite Escape, which is a big more camera bag oriented than the Medium Nature, but a little bit more weekend warrior style than the ProBody Sport.

The one cool thing about the Escape is the apparent versatility. Its light weight with a modular organization system. It also keeps the camera at the top of the bag for better weight distribution.

I just wonder how it would hold a laptop...I'm sure better than the ProBody Sport though.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Hi, I was wondering if you had made a decision on a backpack, I am also looking at the ProBody Sport vs the Escape. The Escape looks like more camera bag with less space of other items, but not sure if the ProBody Sport will hold what I need primarily a body w/battery grip with a 300mm lens attached (about 12 inches total length). Also the ProBody Sport looks less bulky and would be easier to use on or off the bike. Finally, on any of the Click Elite packs, how protected is the main camera compartment from the bladder compartment?

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Not to sidetrack but have you seen the Dakine Sequence. It carries so nice and I find it to be a great size.

JP

mtbr member
    I have a Pro Body Sport. It's a fairly large backpack. It has a large camera compartment along with quite a bit of room for other gear including tools, raingear, tarp, etc. In fact, I find it to be a bit much for just casual riding with a DSLR in tow. In fact, I also have the Compact Sport which I find to be much more suitable for carrying the stuff you need for a typical day trip on a mountain bike. Both bags feel very secure and comfortable while on the bike. What I really like about these bags is that unlike other dedicated camera bags, they have space for a 100 oz. hydration bladder. Be careful when ordering, however, since some stores are still selling last year's model which only holds a 40 oz. bladder.

7hz
    Old newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleedin' Bill
    Be careful when ordering, however, since some stores are still selling last year's model which only holds a 40 oz. bladder.
    Correct.

I have been looking high and low for a bag to take to the Alps next week. The Compact Sport seemed to fit the bill.

After much searching and asking, the only place I found in Europe that sells these bags is cameranu.nl

Helpful shop, shipped it out quick and I got it today.

First thing I do is look for the bladder pocket. Where is it? What is going on?

Yup, it is the old model. Tiny pocket in the top that takes up half the room in the top compartment and holds 1 litre (about 3 mouthfuls, not exactly enough for a 12 hour Alpine ride)..

Also doesn't have the tripod straps.

Very disappointed, back to the old bag, I'll botch something together for the camera. So close, but so far :-(

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Thanks JeremyFXDWG, I will check out the Dakine Sequence - do yo know if it holds a bladder? something that is high on my priority list.

Bleedin' Bill, thanks for your review of the Sport bags. The Pro Body Sport definitely looks to be a good fit for my needs, I would just like to know ahead of time if it will hold a pro body with 300mm attached in the camera compartment (approx 12 inches in length). Unfortunately I have not found a store near me with one in stock and the info online does not state interior dimensions. It certainly sounds like it will have enough room for other items.

Cheers,

Brad

mtbr member
    Brad,
    I don't think it will hold a body/lens measuring 12" in length. I measure the width of the bag to be about 11". Here are a couple of photos of my Canon 40D with a 70-200 f4L attached.
    Bill
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Clik Elite ProBody Sport-js800_img_1431_edited-1.jpg  

Clik Elite ProBody Sport-js800_img_1430.jpg  

Clik Elite ProBody Sport-js800_img_1429.jpg  

Team Fearless Descender
    I have a Pro Body Sport. It's a fairly large backpack... In fact, I find it to be a bit much for just casual riding with a DSLR in tow. In fact, I also have the Compact Sport which I find to be much more suitable for carrying the stuff you need for a typical day trip on a mountain bike.

I have beenn on the fence between these two for some time now. They "ain't cheep", so I want to be sure. I likely won't be taking my 200 f2.8 w/ me, so I don't think I need the Pro Body Sport. I've been on the Clik website over and over checking out the pix of both. Bleedin', could you post up some pix of the Compact Sport with a DSLR body and lens in it?

Great posts going on here BTW.
    "...when your ride is nearly over, it seems to have lasted but an instant..."

Stuff

Y no grease?ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
    Yea lets see a medium distance shot of that Sport, with hydration tube coming out etc, even someone wearing it would be good for proportion
    Climbing ain't easy
    when you're fat and greasy
    - 2 Bigsteve

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Thanks Bleedin' Bill! I am definitely leading towards the Escape now as my budget will only allow one bag and I want the option to take my big lens.

In response to JereymyFXDWG, I have checked out the Dakine Sequence, its basically the same size as the Escape (1 inch shorter), its a much heavier bag (5lbs) but it does have one nice feature, the camera compartment completely comes out which would make for easy carry on luggage. The only downers, no hydration, at least that I can find and access would not be as quick.

Cheers,

Brad

mtbr member
    Here are some Compact Sport photos.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Clik Elite ProBody Sport-js800_img_1408_edited-1.jpg  

Clik Elite ProBody Sport-js800_img_1413.jpg  

Clik Elite ProBody Sport-js800_img_1407_edited-1.jpg  

mtbr member
    Here are a couple more shots. This is a 70 oz. bladder. IMO, the Compact is perfect for an MTB ride with your camera. I would use the ProBody when I want to bring more than just a body with a lens attached. Extra lenses, flash, etc. Both bags have space for a tripod.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Clik Elite ProBody Sport-img_1432.jpg  

Clik Elite ProBody Sport-img_1433.jpg  

Clik Elite ProBody Sport-img_1434.jpg  

Team Fearless Descender
    Thanks Bill... Ugh... like most things in life, it looks like I'm right in between. I'd be looking to take a 40D w/ a single lens (nothing bigger than what you show here with the compact sport) AND an external flash (typical on camera flash - Canon 580). Is there any chance in h3ll that a flash would fit in that space above the lens?

Stuff

mtbr member
    Salt, I think it will fit,depending on the lens. This is a Sigma 18-200. Check it out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Clik Elite ProBody Sport-img_1439.jpg  

Clik Elite ProBody Sport-img_1438.jpg  

Team Fearless Descender
    Salt, I think it will fit,depending on the lens. This is a Sigma 18-200. Check it out.

Bill, (BTW, thank you soooo much for all your help / all the pix, I think this has helped everyone).

Yes, that does look good. I'd be either brining my 10 22 or 17 35. So, it does look like I could cram a speedlight in too!

Oh, and I love your nail polish!

Stuff

mtbr member
    LOL! That's my daughter. Anyway, glad I could help.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Bleedin Bill - you mentioned that both bags (the Prodody Sport and Compact Sport) have space for a tripod.

Can you show me where the tripod would go?

I remember seeing a picture where the tripod was put into the mesh pocket along the side of the bag but I can't find the link for it. That didn't seem quite right to me so I'm hoping you can set me straight.

mtbr member
    Buffy,
    Here ya go. The legs fit in the mesh side pocket and there is a bungee cord type attachment at the top. Seems to be pretty secure.
    BB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Clik Elite ProBody Sport-img_1447.jpg  

Clik Elite ProBody Sport-img_1442.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Awesome, thanks!

I'm so glad I came across the info and pics you posted. Just bought the Compact Sport :-)

Killer of Chains
    Feb 2004
    We got lots of pictures of the Compact Sport but not many of the ProBody Sport.

I haven't bought anything yet, but I'm still struggling between the added space of the Escape and Probody.

mtbr member
    What would you like to see?

Killer of Chains
    Feb 2004
    12" netbook in a ProBody sport?

How much non-camera gear it can hold in the storage compartment.

I rarely carry more than one lense, and if I do its one big and one small, no flash. I do however, like to have rain gear, jetboil, and food stashed.

mtbr member
    There are some photos posted earlier in this thread showing the camera compartment with my 40D and a 70-200. Here are a couple more with the same camera with a 17-40. As you can see, there is lots of room in here for additional camera gear (lens and/or flash)or any other stuff.
    The camera compartment and the main compartment are separated by a zippered divider. If you unzipped this, you might be able to cram a small laptop in there. Probably not a 12" notebook. In any case, if you tried this, it would certainly compromise the security of the camera compartment.
    I've also attached a photo of the main compartment with the camera inside for perspective. This compartment is roomy and would certainly hold rain gear, food, extra tube, pump, etc. There are a couple of smaller compartments that would hold tools, power bars, keys, MP3 and other small stuff. For what it's worth, the lay-out of this bag is the same as the Compact Sport, only bigger.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Clik Elite ProBody Sport-img_1449.jpg  

Clik Elite ProBody Sport-img_1448.jpg  

Clik Elite ProBody Sport-img_1451.jpg  

Killer of Chains
    Feb 2004
    Would it hold a 8" inch wide, 13" long netbook?

How bout a pair of jeans, tshirt, and a pair of shoes? (without camera)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast