mtbr member
    Jan 2004

New question here. Cincinnati riders

How's Cesears Creek looking this time of yr? Ridable? Would LOVE to get a ride in next week while I'm out there. (Wed - Sat)

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Check with the folks at SpokeJunkies.com. Someone there should be able to tell you.

Keep rollin'

Not Cincinnati, but....

Quote Originally Posted by crashedandburned
    How's Cesears Creek looking this time of yr? Ridable? Would LOVE to get a ride in next week while I'm out there. (Wed - Sat)
    Englund-Idlewild park in Burlington, KY is almost always in really good shape (barring monsoon). Just 20 minutes south of Cincinnati. It's the place I ride the most, great trails of varying difficulty.

...iC...
    ---What good is a man who won't take a stand?---

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by InnocentCriminal
    Englund-Idlewild park in Burlington, KY is almost always in really good shape (barring monsoon). Just 20 minutes south of Cincinnati. It's the place I ride the most, great trails of varying difficulty.

...iC...
    Got pics? Location?

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    There's also Tower Park in Northern KY (Southern Cincy). It's right across the river in Ft. Thomas. Depending on where you will be, it might be a better option. Caesar's Creek is about an hour north of town. Also Harbin Park in Fairfield. Pretty short route, though. Have fun. I wish I could bring my ride up there with me tomorrow when I fly in.

Keep rollin'

No pics, but....

Quote Originally Posted by crashedandburned
    Got pics? Location?
    No pics, but it is super easy to get to.

From Cincy, take Interstate 71/75 south to exit 181 (Florence/Burlington) Take a right off the ramp and continue for about 5 miles.(guestimate) Turn right after the Boone County courthouse, the road is called Idlewild (a street sign below it says Jefferson). Follow Idlewild rd. past the Fairgrounds on the left, and the entrance to the park is on the right. Follow the park road to the lot between Field 6 and 7. Paved trail takes you to the entrance for the hike/bike trails.

Good place, even a small "playground" section with a short teeter-totter, some log piles, and a rock garden. Good mix of trails, nothing that will kill you, but some challenges. I really enjoy the intermediate and advanced trails because they flow really well and you can keep a pretty speed.

Depending on when you're out here, I may be able to ride. That is if my new Inbred gets here by then. Just ordered it the other night.

...iC...
    ---What good is a man who won't take a stand?---