Medium?

Chewbacca in the house!!!

I promised a mystery out-of-town guest for May by the Bay, and with Star Wars Episode III opening next week it's only fitting that we get our own Chewbacca.

That's right race fans, Robot Bryan will be flying into town for Rockville Friday May 27th, and Annadel Saturday May 28th.

Check out his rides at http://www.coopercruisers.com and make plans to hang with your old buddy. I met Chewy at my first MTBR ride in Rockville at Replay by the Bay (#2) in May of 2000. He hung back and waited while I struggled with my out-of-shape self on the way out of Skeggs the next day. Awesome guy!

Chewy on the left, Skeggs, Replay by the Bay, May 2000

Official May by the Bay VII website

mtbr member

Cool

Is he bringing Lone Star beer?

No known cure

Right on...

Is he driving the Beemer?

Sweat is just fat crying.

Schweet!

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddy
    That's right race fans, Robot Bryan will be flying into town for Rockville Friday May 27th, and Annadel Saturday May 28th.
    I noticed the shifter under the seat, connected to the internal (3-speed?) hub. Slick.

I saw Bryan at the bike swap in SF a while back. He seemed happy- he & JFR had a good chat as I hung back. It'll be good to ride/camp/party with him again.

fp
    Mountain Biking Is Not A Crime stickers, free! (You pay postage. PM me for details.)

an orig. MTBR "Old Phart"

never met Chewy myself, but ...

some of the ol' MTBR guys from the L.A. area got to meet, ride, and hang out with him, and had nothing but the nicest - and most interesting - things to say about him. These were the days when he used to ride a green Specialized dualie (FSR maybe?), and just started to build these beautiful custom bikes up in the Bay Area of CA, where he worked as an architect.

From his webpage, I guess a lot has changed since then. Hope he still has the same kind of mtn bike passion that he used to. Wasn't he riding trials and singlespeeds, too?

Schwinng
    carpe diem while you can ...